Post-Game Talk: Calvin Pick0rd

Sheikyerbouti

ShakeyerMcBooty
Nov 4, 2006
Van isle
It feels like we haven't given up an odd man rush in month

Puck management was awful tonight too, looked like early season when we sucked, but it didn't matter. No way this team survives those turnovers in the past, we'd have been down 3 after 1 period.

Reactions: McDoused

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
It feels like we haven't given up an odd man rush in month

Puck management was awful tonight too, looked like early season when we sucked, but it didn't matter. No way this team survives those turnovers in the past, we'd have been down 3 after 1 period.
Knobblauch said it best after this game. The team has been “good enough lately“ but clearly the team has had some struggles. Too many turnovers in certain games, bad starts, sluggish periods etc. it hasn’t been pretty. They are finding ways to win though and that’s what matters. It’s what good teams do. They are playing to win not playing to lose once the third hits.

mkatcherin00

Sponsor
Apr 2, 2023
Very promising to see Holloway play this well since coming back. Looks like he's taken that next step for sure. It's Hollywood time
I was thinking he might start slow, which sucked because he was coming on when he got injured.

He has been the complete opposite. Fast, hitting, shooting, setting guys up. I had the game on mute and thought that was mcDavid streaking down the boards to set up Mcloed late in the third.

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Take it as a Drai fan recognizing that Leons best 200ft play and commitment to D was under Tippett. Also the Hart season for Drai and MVP season for Drai under Tippett. Its no mirage. Tippett gets zero respect here and I'll give it. No coach had more on the plate with coaching through Covid19 lockouts, no fans, the death of a player etc. he came out of retirment for that and if we remember turned around an Oilers club that was flailing under Mclelland having missed playoffs two years in a row.

its fair to say team record improved under all of Tippett, Woody, and now KK.

Your own bias is evident as well.
There's a bad habit of burying the last guy aka coach. Tippett came into a scorched earth organization that was a lottery team and guided them into the playoffs with a significant turnaround. His teams had no depth as Holland had to go to work filling out the roster over years with building up legitimate, quality depth. I view that Tippett built an important foundation for this team's culture. The coaches that have followed continue to build upon it aided with a maturing prime year core, solid quality depth additions, and big game experience. Of course at the centre of this is a ultra generational player who burns with hot passion to win while obliterating individual stat accomplishments that place him within legendary company.

Woodcroft did good work. And now following his firing and lessons learned about team defending, consistency in structure, and discipline via the Vegas coin flip series, Knoblauch has this group's full attention to these details required to win. The first two coaches were not immune to this team's growth and development with wild, erratic swings with cost their jobs. It comes back full circle to Tippett who said this team needed to prioritize goal suppression and defending to walk among elite teams.

I'd rather look at this as the maturation of a player group that is building upon the foundation of each successive coach. It's ultimately the players on-ice who deliver the results.

"When the student is ready the teacher will appear."

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
I was thinking he might start slow, which sucked because he was coming on when he got injured.

He has been the complete opposite. Fast, hitting, shooting, setting guys up. I had the game on mute and thought that was mcDavid streaking down the boards to set up Mcloed late in the third.
I was kind of excited when I saw Holloway out there with McD for a shift... But it was only for one shift lol. I think down the road he and McDavid could be good together.. with his speed and tenacity and good shot.

snag

Feb 22, 2014
Oh Rejean. He must be some 12 year old or something lol

1706258079204.png

Then this guy....LOL
1706258908825.png

Feel like signing up at CP to just say....are you stupid or something? They are entertaining though. It's like a mindless comedy.
2024-01-26_1-40-41.gif

Last edited:

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON
I feel like edm could lose next game against the preds which is an early start time but then of course if they do win then it’s a ridiculous 9 days off before Vegas. luckily all teams have to deal with it. Lol

9 days off is specific to the Oilers. The league decided to slap our bye week right before our ASG break.

It may be disadvantageous since we’re on a heater, but it is what it is.

Not yet!!! That is still to come!!
IMG_0876.jpeg

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Teams like Chicago can be dangerous. They have nothing in the standings to play for but they do have jobs and pride on the line. This team plays a lot harder than their record and you can bet that they wanted to win last night.

It is interesting to see who the Hawks have won against this year:

Anaheim 1-0-0
Calgary 1-0-0
Colorado 1-1-0
Florida 1-1-0
NYI 1-0-0
Pittsburgh 1-0-0
SJS 1-0-0
Seattle 1-2-0
St. Louis 1-2-0
Tampa 1-1-0
Toronto 2-0-0
Vegas 1-1-0
Winnipeg 1-2-0

They also have points vs Dallas and Nashville. They have played some solid teams very well this year.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Teams like Chicago can be dangerous. They have nothing in the standings to play for but they do have jobs and pride on the line. This team plays a lot harder than their record and you can bet that they wanted to win last night.

Anaheim 1-0-0
Calgary 1-0-0
Colorado 1-1-0
Florida 1-1-0
NYI 1-0-0
Pittsburgh 1-0-0
SJS 1-0-0
Seattle 1-2-0
St. Louis 1-2-0
Tampa 1-1-0
Toronto 2-0-0
Vegas 1-1-0
Winnipeg 1-2-0

They also have points vs Dallas and Nashville. They have played some solid teams very well this year.
I don't think people give Mrazek the credit he is due.

His worst game statistically in the last 6 was against the Isles which he won with a .900spct. There is a reason he got the contract he did. He is giving that team a chance to win every night.

Edm .939
Van .931
Nyi .900
SJ .974
Dal .931
Wpg .929

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

Anaheim 1-0-0
Calgary 1-0-0
Colorado 1-1-0
Florida 1-1-0
NYI 1-0-0
Pittsburgh 1-0-0
SJS 1-0-0
Seattle 1-2-0
St. Louis 1-2-0
Tampa 1-1-0
Toronto 2-0-0
Vegas 1-1-0
Winnipeg 1-2-0

2 and 0 vs the Leafs. Hate to see it.

View attachment 810744
Let's get the w Saturday to make it a full month!

I’ve followed this team religiously since 1977 and have never seen that.

Thomas Tatar

So. If we beat Nashville, which is by no means a gimme, we face Vegas to tie the record.

We have seen teams best against us late in the streak because I’m sure no team wants to be a part of it OR they want to be written in history as the end of it.

We already have a rivalry brewing with Vegas and they for sure are going to give us fits to tie the record.

My question from a sport psychology perspective. How bad would it be for the team to lose the streak to the Knights knowing we may very well face them in the playoffs?

Or is it a good thing because we will want retribution? Sport psychology is a weird thing. 🤷‍♂️

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad