OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I just had to put my cat Frodo Baggins down. I am heartbroken.
I am so sorry. It truly is one of the worst feelings... Please accept my deepest sympathies.

A special pet makes life so much better. Sadly, the last day is the price we pay for all the joy-filled days that come before it.

***Sending my love***

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

My oldest son (now 16) was born 9 weeks premature. He spent 7 weeks in the NICU at Yale New Haven. After he was discharged we were sent the bill. It was $1.2 million dollars, of which we paid $300 out of pocket for an eye test that wasn’t covered. I thank God every day for having the Doctors and Nurses that saved his life and insurance that covered it....

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
US airlines could ban travelers that refuse to wear masks on planes - The Boston Globe

US airlines could ban travelers from flying in the future if they refuse to wear masks on planes, an industry group said Monday.

Airlines for America, a trade organization, said a group of major American airlines will begin ‘‘vigorously’’ enforcing face-covering policies after reports of travelers not being held to the safety standard. Last month, several airlines acknowledged that they had told crew members to avoid escalating any confrontations in the air over mask violations and described various levels of enforcement.

Delta, Southwest, United Airlines, American Airlines, JetBlue, and others will ‘‘clearly articulate’’ their face-covering policy to passengers and may require customers to acknowledge the policy at check-in, the association announced Monday on behalf of the member companies. If passengers don’t comply, carriers can implement their own consequences, which could include suspension of flying privileges.

‘‘US airlines are very serious about requiring face coverings on their flights,’’ Nicholas E. Calio, the group’s president and chief executive, wrote in the statement. ‘‘Carriers are stepping up enforcement of face coverings and implementing substantial consequences for those who do not comply with the rules.’’

United Airlines announced Monday that as of Thursday, any passenger who does not comply will be placed on an internal travel restriction list that will take away their travel privilege on the airline for a period of time to be determined.

A flight attendant would first tell a passenger whose face isn’t covered that it is mandatory, then offer a mask if needed. At further resistance, the employee would give the traveler a card reminding them of the in-flight mask policy. Finally, the flight attendant would file a report, kicking off a formal review. A security team would investigate and hand down a decision on future flights. The airline said flight attendants would still try to de-escalate any situation.

‘‘Every reputable heath institution says wearing a mask is one of the most effective things people can do to protect others from contracting COVID-19, especially in places like an aircraft where social distancing is a challenge,’’ Toby Enqvist, the airline’s chief customer officer, said in a statement. ‘‘We have been requiring our customers to wear masks onboard United aircraft since May 4 and we have been pleased that the overwhelming majority of passengers readily comply with our policy. Today’s announcement is an unmistakable signal that we’re prepared to take serious steps, if necessary, to protect our customers and crew.’’

Last month, some airlines said they would go so far as to deny boarding to passengers who refused to wear masks, if they did not have any medical exemption. They emphasized the need to avoid escalating tensions in the air and said flight attendants would instead try to move passengers to other seats if they refused to cover their faces. One carrier, JetBlue, said passengers who refused to comply could be reviewed for future travel.

Unions representing pilots and flight attendants have called for the federal government to mandate health and safety measures such as wearing masks in order to give airlines more authority to enforce their policies.

Reactions: Spooner st

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
So my gym out here opened yesterday so I went. It felt really good to work out again. Every other machine was blocked out for maximum distancing and there was lots of wiping and spraying after using everything.

After 3 months, I noticed that I didn't lose that much strength in terms of how much weight I could use, but my stamina was pretty low. Getting through 12 reps of anything was tough. Gotta build that back up.

It's weird, but afterward I felt more alert and awake than I have in a long time.

Reactions: WindsorHawk

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2020-6-17_15-33-24.png

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
Today I put gas in my car for the first time since April 30. :eek:

It's been so long, apparently I forgot that you are supposed to put the gas cap back on when you're done. :facepalm: In all my years of driving I can't remember ever forgetting to do that.

Didn't notice until I got almost a mile down the road... What's that noise?......oooooooooooohhhhhh.

Is it Friday yet??? :help:

tRNnK6oDYEKzK.gif

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
My oldest son (now 16) was born 9 weeks premature. He spent 7 weeks in the NICU at Yale New Haven. After he was discharged we were sent the bill. It was $1.2 million dollars, of which we paid $300 out of pocket for an eye test that wasn’t covered. I thank God every day for having the Doctors and Nurses that saved his life and insurance that covered it...

Thank God that they were able to save your son, then that you had insurance.

Good story, thanks

Reactions: BlackCrowes

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
US airlines could ban travelers that refuse to wear masks on planes - The Boston Globe

US airlines could ban travelers from flying in the future if they refuse to wear masks on planes, an industry group said Monday.

Airlines for America, a trade organization, said a group of major American airlines will begin ‘‘vigorously’’ enforcing face-covering policies after reports of travelers not being held to the safety standard. Last month, several airlines acknowledged that they had told crew members to avoid escalating any confrontations in the air over mask violations and described various levels of enforcement.

Delta, Southwest, United Airlines, American Airlines, JetBlue, and others will ‘‘clearly articulate’’ their face-covering policy to passengers and may require customers to acknowledge the policy at check-in, the association announced Monday on behalf of the member companies. If passengers don’t comply, carriers can implement their own consequences, which could include suspension of flying privileges.

‘‘US airlines are very serious about requiring face coverings on their flights,’’ Nicholas E. Calio, the group’s president and chief executive, wrote in the statement. ‘‘Carriers are stepping up enforcement of face coverings and implementing substantial consequences for those who do not comply with the rules.’’

United Airlines announced Monday that as of Thursday, any passenger who does not comply will be placed on an internal travel restriction list that will take away their travel privilege on the airline for a period of time to be determined.

A flight attendant would first tell a passenger whose face isn’t covered that it is mandatory, then offer a mask if needed. At further resistance, the employee would give the traveler a card reminding them of the in-flight mask policy. Finally, the flight attendant would file a report, kicking off a formal review. A security team would investigate and hand down a decision on future flights. The airline said flight attendants would still try to de-escalate any situation.

‘‘Every reputable heath institution says wearing a mask is one of the most effective things people can do to protect others from contracting COVID-19, especially in places like an aircraft where social distancing is a challenge,’’ Toby Enqvist, the airline’s chief customer officer, said in a statement. ‘‘We have been requiring our customers to wear masks onboard United aircraft since May 4 and we have been pleased that the overwhelming majority of passengers readily comply with our policy. Today’s announcement is an unmistakable signal that we’re prepared to take serious steps, if necessary, to protect our customers and crew.’’

Last month, some airlines said they would go so far as to deny boarding to passengers who refused to wear masks, if they did not have any medical exemption. They emphasized the need to avoid escalating tensions in the air and said flight attendants would instead try to move passengers to other seats if they refused to cover their faces. One carrier, JetBlue, said passengers who refused to comply could be reviewed for future travel.

Unions representing pilots and flight attendants have called for the federal government to mandate health and safety measures such as wearing masks in order to give airlines more authority to enforce their policies.

This needs to happen.

People who refuse this need to grow the f*** up. Yeah, I don’t like the feeling of a mask on my face for hours either, but it’s called common sense and consideration. Should not be this difficult to enforce basic empathy.

Ludwig Fell Down

Feb 19, 2005
South Shore, MA

Completely bogus decision. 100 people out of 100 would call that a goal.

Reminds me of a shootout about 10 years ago, the Edmonton goalie covered the puck with his glove, and his momentum took his entire glove behind the goal line. Refs called no goal after replay, because they could not "see" the puck cross the goal line.

VAR does not need to be that difficult.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
It’s not one of the popular songs

it won’t be on the radio

but by god Present Tense by Pearl Jam is an experience.

if you don’t know The song and watched the end of the last dance you know the song.

Floored and impressed this was chosen for the end of that story.

it makes much more sense...to live in the present tense

Reactions: Fenway

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
It’s not one of the popular songs

it won’t be on the radio

but by god Present Tense by Pearl Jam is an experience.

if you don’t know The song and watched the end of the last dance you know the song.

Floored and impressed this was chosen for the end of that story.

it makes much more sense...to live in the present tense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad