OT - NO POLITICS Calm down & step back - (please read)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
I always have trouble sleeping, waking up 4-5 times between 11-7 am. Can't remember the last time I slept a full night (other than being heavy on the sauce the night before)

Maine Fan

Defense Wins Chanpionships
Apr 19, 2015
Ocean Twp, NJ
it’s a 2012 Dodge Journey, front drive v6 SXT. I bought it in 2013 with 9k on the dash. Just Oil changes, brakes, tires, and a $12 thermostat/housing. 155k miles later.

i want to dislike the vehicle, but it’s easily been the best car I’ve ever owned. By far.

They say how bad Chrysler vehicles are, I had a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and my wife had 2014 Chrysler 200C we leased them for 39 months, not one service call on either one, just oil changes and tire rotations, they were free.

Reactions: TD Charlie

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Do you think it may be sleep apnea?
That's actually something I thought about, but I don't think so. I'm a heavy snorer after beers, but other than that, I'm not at all.

A lot of it has to do with it being daylight outside still when I'm sleeping, haha.

Reactions: LSCII

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Finally found ice for my 16 year old son. He’s beside himself happy that he’s getting back out there tomorrow. It’s a “skills session”, but to him it might as well be SCF game 7.....

My son had midget tryouts last night. It was ugly. Most of those kids had been off the ice for a little over 4 months...and it showed..

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme
My son had midget tryouts last night. It was ugly. Most of those kids had been off the ice for a little over 4 months...and it showed..

Yeah he’s worried about that as well, I said you’ll all be similarly terrible out there! I told him to make sure and stretch like he’s never stretched before, not having used a skating motion in 4 months. He never had roller blades and they sold out instantly, so he’s been flat footed the entire time.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
I'm interested in hearing how they distanced the kids, if at all, and what the overall process was.

they were supposed to distance them , but it didn't happen.. They closed the lockerooms, so all the kids got dressed in the parking lot. They all came in and sat together while they put skates on..

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
they were supposed to distance them , but it didn't happen.. They closed the lockerooms, so all the kids got dressed in the parking lot. They all came in and sat together while they put skates on..

That's what I figured. Saw there were some games going on at the field in town. Looked like little league, as my girls softball season were cancelled a while back. Didn't look like much distancing happening at the field for the boys who were playing either. I think they're all assuming it's okay because they're outside.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Roger Goodell says to expect more positive coronavirus cases in the NFL - The Boston Globe

A few hours after reports emerged that Cowboys running back Ezekiel Elliott and a handful of other players recently tested positive for COVID-19, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell had a somber message for fans: Get used to it.

“All of our medical experts indicated that as testing becomes more prevalent, we are going to have positive tests,” Goodell said Monday night in an ESPN interview with Mike Greenberg. “The issue is, can we obviously prevent as many of those from happening, but in addition, treat them quickly, isolate them, and prevent them from impacting other personnel?”

Meanwhile, NFL Players Association medical director Thom Mayer said Monday that the league will likely test all personnel three times per week, according to the NFL Network. That will include football personnel (players, coaches, trainers, locker room) and non-football employees, and Mayer said the hope is that an accurate saliva test will be available by the start of the season.

Anyone who tests positive will have to quarantine until they are symptom-free, but the NFL and the NFLPA have not yet officially announced the testing protocols that will be put in place this fall. The NFL is monitoring other sports to determine the appropriate level of testing (the German Bundesliga soccer league is testing its players twice per week).

The NFL will do its best to play the 2020 season as normally as possible, and it does not intend to shut down at the first sign of the coronavirus. The league will implement a strict social distancing protocol at team facilities to minimize the chances of an outbreak, and will regularly test all team personnel and quarantine when necessary.

Ravens coach John Harbaugh voiced frustration over how difficult the guidelines will be to implement. But Goodell said the coaches simply will have to adapt, and that the rules will be flexible to adjust to the current state of the pandemic. The protocols were developed with help from the Centers for Disease Control and Duke University.

“One of the things that we are all going to have to do … is adapt and change and do things that we might have thought were impossible several weeks ago,” Goodell said.

“The protocols are stringent. They are designed to be that because they are for the safety of our players and personnel, including coaches. We’ll evolve as the circumstances change. We will be changing our protocols appropriately.”

Reactions: CHRDANHUTCH

BlackCrowes

Sep 10, 2014
Sunny Old Lyme

This is exactly what I think will happen with my son. He’ll be fine, and responsible with me right there, and then he’ll get on the ice and it will all go right out the window. It’s why we haven’t let him see his friends in 4 months, because I know when he gets together with them he won’t be able to stay away. He’s a 16 year old boy, for cryin our loud. I just gotta hope and pray no one there has it, I guess.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
They say how bad Chrysler vehicles are, I had a 2014 Dodge Ram 1500 and my wife had 2014 Chrysler 200C we leased them for 39 months, not one service call on either one, just oil changes and tire rotations, they were free.

i wish i could say similar things about this Barracuda. All this room and the way they assembled and wired the dash is mind boggling. You’d have to take the seats and console out, and find a Mechanically inclined 5 year old to get this thing apart.

I’m making progress though!

Reactions: Maine Fan

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
This is exactly what I think will happen with my son. He’ll be fine, and responsible with me right there, and then he’ll get on the ice and it will all go right out the window. It’s why we haven’t let him see his friends in 4 months, because I know when he gets together with them he won’t be able to stay away. He’s a 16 year old boy, for cryin our loud. I just gotta hope and pray no one there has it, I guess.

That's the way I'm looking at it. My son has been home and rarely seen anyone, at some point he's got to be able to so something..

The only thing they didn't do was scrimmage...so at least one of the rules was followed...

Reactions: BlackCrowes

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Yep, Don't see myself getting to Vegas for my golf tournament in November. Honestly, I probably won't travel anywhere anyway. I'll probably hang tight for a year.
Me too. I was really looking forward to my yearly trip on he Schooner Heritage the first week of Sept but I don't think it will happen.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Me too. I was really looking forward to my yearly trip on he Schooner Heritage the first week of Sept but I don't think it will happen.

How has it been being back at work so far? I meant to ask you the other day, but I forgot and then probably got distracted by something shiny before I could remember to ask...

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's the way I'm looking at it. My son has been home and rarely seen anyone, at some point he's got to be able to so something..

The only thing they didn't do was scrimmage...so at least one of the rules was followed...

The biggest issue I have is that my kids have had very little physical activity since the shut down. No softball games, no practices, no running around with their friends to burn energy, and I can only get them to do a few loops on their bikes before they get bored and stop. All they've done is watch some tv and play on their ipods, since we don't allow them to have phones yet.

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
The biggest issue I have is that my kids have had very little physical activity since the shut down. No softball games, no practices, no running around with their friends to burn energy, and I can only get them to do a few loops on their bikes before they get bored and stop. All they've done is watch some tv and play on their ipods, since we don't allow them to have phones yet.

And summer is just getting started. It's a problem. Thankfully my son just got a job landscaping 3 or 4 days a week..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad