Callahan out after emergency appendectomy

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Thats probably risky, he'd be back for the conference final for sure at some point but I don't know about coming back in under 5-7 days.

Speedy recovery.
As a reference, Patrick Roy missed only one game when needed such a surgery in 1994.

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
I love how TSN says he plays for the Rangers. lol!

"The 30-year-old has three assists in 12 playoff games for the Rangers so far this spring."

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Man that stinks. Hope he gets better soon. Wonder what the timetable is

Agreed, a sick appendix probably stinks a lot. It's full of stagnating ****, after all. :sarcasm:

Hey, just kidding! Callahan's gonna have a speedy recovery. I wouldn't rule him out if there's a game 7. And he's 100% back if you guys advance. No worries.

SRTtoZ

Apr 3, 2010
New York, NY
Reading about recovery time on the internet states you can assume normal activity after a few days but shouldn't do strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks. Knowing Callahan, maybe a couple weeks?

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Reading about recovery time on the internet states you can assume normal activity after a few days but shouldn't do strenuous activities for 4-6 weeks. Knowing Callahan, maybe a couple weeks?

Nah, forget about this. This is for your regular guy. NHL players are though sons of a *****.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
I had appendicitis earlier this year (in February). Really annoying. Personally, I couldn't play any sport for 2 weeks. :( Got out of the hospital after a day and a half though.

Speedy recovery Callahan!

Patrick Roy played with an appendicitis back in 1994.

http://articles.philly.com/1994-04-26/sports/25861137_1_boston-goalie-jon-casey-montreal-coach-jacques-demers-montreal-goalie-patrick-roy

"The Boston Bruins have fired 102 shots at Montreal goalie Patrick Roy in their last two playoff games. They have three goals and two losses to show for it.

Roy, hospitalized with appendicitis until Saturday, stopped 60 shots and Kirk Muller scored with 17:18 gone in overtime as the visiting Canadiens defeated the Bruins, 2-1, last night and took a 3-2 lead in their Eastern Conference playoff series.

On Saturday in Game 4, Roy came out of the hospital to stop 39 shots and defeat the Bruins, 5-2..."

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
60 years ago, I had appendicitis at 5.

While at grandma, I was complaining of a sick stomach.

They brought me a fudge, I refused it.

They knew something was surely very wrong and they rushed me to the hospital... :D

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Bad luck to happen in the middle of playoffs, hope he can get back to playing soon.

Todd1a

Kucherov or prospect
Jun 19, 2014
orlando, fl
He was not really playing hurt. Appendicitis happens suddenly and must be treated rapidly too.

He's most probably out for game 6, but I wouldn't even be surprised to see him back for game 7. These guys are freaks when it comes to recovery. He's gonna be fine.

no way maybe game 5 in the ecf

hardcorehabs

Feb 9, 2013
Saskatchewan
He's done minimum two weeks.

Pacioretty had this a couple years ago and it took him about that long IIRC.
And he's a beast at coming back fast from injuries.

EDIT: Took Patches 8 days to return to game action.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
He's done minimum two weeks.

Pacioretty had this a couple years ago and it took him about that long IIRC.
And he's a beast at coming back fast from injuries.

EDIT: Took Patches 8 days to return to game action.

Yeah, they said 3 to 4 weeks and he was back after 8 days.

Patrick Roy played through an appendicitis back in 94. Callahan is certainly back if they make it to the ECF, no doubt about it.

winnipegger

Dec 17, 2013
I got my appendix out in 7th grade. Small town hospital with 1 doctor and I was fine in a week. With the sort of medical professionals that he'll be dealing with (i.e. the best) it will be a quick ordeal. I bet the incision is like an inch across.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
I got my appendix out in 7th grade. Small town hospital with 1 doctor and I was fine in a week. With the sort of medical professionals that he'll be dealing with (i.e. the best) it will be a quick ordeal. I bet the incision is like an inch across.

No incision needs to be done anymore.

I think they make two small holes and slide it out.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
top 10 worst pains in the world. Had this a couple years ago literally felt like someone was stabbing me nonstop. Hope he's okay!

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
Jonathan Ericsson had his appendix removed in 2009. He was back 3 days later.

Obviously that seems like a super speedy recovery but it's not out of the question =)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad