Callahan out after emergency appendectomy

thedustman

Jun 19, 2013
I love how TSN says he plays for the Rangers. lol!

"The 30-year-old has three assists in 12 playoff games for the Rangers so far this spring."

Cooper coaches the rangers. Namestnikov, Nesterov, and Kucherov are all up and coming rags. Zuccarello got struck by Lightning, and the Bolts need to find a way to eliminate the Habs at home. It doesn't seem fair.:help:

GREASYGRINDERDETROIT

May 22, 2014
My appendix exploded a couple years back, they were able to remove it laproscopically but i was in the hospital for a good 2-3 days. Took about 2 weeks to feel normal again. Hernia surgury was more debilitating

Eisen

Sep 30, 2009
Duesseldorf
I got my appendix out in 7th grade. Small town hospital with 1 doctor and I was fine in a week. With the sort of medical professionals that he'll be dealing with (i.e. the best) it will be a quick ordeal. I bet the incision is like an inch across.

Not even. You wouldn't believe modern appendectomy scars.

CJDolan

Sep 17, 2012
Got mine taken out about 5 years ago. All they do is essentially poke a scalpel in the bottom of your belly button, another hole right around your waistline dead center, then one on the right side of your stomach. All 3 incisions are pretty much the size of just poking the scalpel in and taking it out.

Having said that, your abs are sore as hell for a few days, and even walking around too much sucks for the first couple days. I worked at a warehouse at the time and I had to take 3 weeks off of work due to the risk of complications related to heavy lifting, so I'd imagine playing hockey will take some time. Obviously he's in much better shape than me, but there's no way he could be back at anywhere near 100% in less than a week.

Evergreen

60 years ago, I had appendicitis at 5.

While at grandma, I was complaining of a sick stomach.

They brought me a fudge, I refused it.

They knew something was surely very wrong and they rushed me to the hospital... :D

Haha this made me laugh

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Blessing in disguise for the Bolts, maybe.

Sucks to keep seeing him hurt though.

Well he was one of the keys for us advancing against Detroit, he was struggling and this is certainly a strong reason why, could of been bugging him for days, and then yesterday got worse and found out what it was.

Game 7 of the ECF you mean. He'll be lucky if he can walk further than like 15 feet tomorrow let alone flying somewhere and getting ready to play a hockey game

He has always returned quicker than expected, but think he would need a good two weeks. Just have to wait and see. Hopefully we won't be golfing by then, lol.

He has the worst luck, can only imagine how his production would be if he did not miss so much time in his career over the years.

11Goat11

Inside her
Feb 18, 2006
My appendix exploded a couple years back, they were able to remove it laproscopically but i was in the hospital for a good 2-3 days. Took about 2 weeks to feel normal again.

I had mine out in 2005 and this is exactly what happened. The pain I felt leading up to surgery was the worst thing I have ever experienced in my life. My hometown hospital sucks, I was in triage for 3 hours and the first doctor who saw me was going to send me home with a pain shot and said to come back if it got worse, I puked bile in the waiting room for gods sake. If my wife hadn't seen a client of hers who is a surgeon and had him look at me they said I could have died. NHL players are machines though so Callahan should be up in no time.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Bad news for Montreal.

I just love rangers fans taking pleasure in this. He is expected to miss a week tops according to Cooper just enough time to recover and send the Rangers golfing if they do beat Washington and if Tampa also advances . You know Callahan will go beast mode against them again. No offense to Montreal or Washington.

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I just read on TSN Callahan might still play tonight???

That's crazy lol. Maybe Cooper is having fun with the media by claiming so, but damn, if he actually plays tonight i'll be extremely impressed.

Braun

Apr 17, 2014
Montreal

That's crazy lol. Maybe Cooper is having fun with the media by claiming so, but damn, if he actually plays tonight i'll be extremely impressed.

No way he plays and if he does definitely not 100%.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada

He's not playing tonight, lol. It's just gamesmanship. No doctor in their right mind would allow a player to play the day after removing an organ, and expect to keep his/her practice.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
His recovery time is getting shorter and shorter it seems.

If he had the procedure in the morning, there's plenty of time to rest before the game tonight, no?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
His recovery time is getting shorter and shorter it seems.

If he had the procedure in the morning, there's plenty of time to rest before the game tonight, no?

Yes, he could most definitely have surgery to remove an organ in the morning and then play an NHL game in the evening.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
Yes, he could most definitely have surgery to remove an organ in the morning and then play an NHL game in the evening.

Well, in fairness....its not really an important one. I think if he can get the surgery done by noonish and get a good meal (preferably something with fiber), he should be all set by puck drop.

Richiebottles

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Jul 26, 2010
Well, in fairness....its not really an important one. I think if he can get the surgery done by noonish and get a good meal (preferably something with fiber), he should be all set by puck drop.

I hope this is a joke...

Your body goes through a pretty intense 24hrs when you have something like this...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->