Call out thread! 4m+/year and a no trade clause and we traded Ladd???!!!!

Blueline Bomber

AI Generated Minnesota Wild
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I understand that aspect. Still to quote the reason you don't want to be traded b/c you dont want to move your family and then sign in Phoenix...

He didn't want to move his family in the middle of a school year. IIRC, his kids were about to start their exams.

What the Faulk

You'll know when you go
May 30, 2005
North Carolina
Whitney could have refused to waive it for any reason. He had that right. There's no reason to be mad at him for wanting to stay in Raleigh the rest of the year. Blame JR, not him.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
So a Ruutu call out thread has turned into a JR call out thread? You won't find a GM in the game that has done more with less than JR. Blame ownership before you blame a guy that would be picked up instantly by any organization in the league.

RodTheBawd

Oct 16, 2013
Just because he's "done a lot with a little" does not mean he's infallible. No one in this organization is.

Oh I don't disagree, but apparently everyone in this thread thinks every first round pick is supposed to turn into a top 3 forward or top 2 d man. In most drafts, outside the top 5 is a complete crapshoot, and we've been relatively successful in that regard.

I'm fully onboard with the thought that the entire organization needs a shakeup, which would likely include JR, but to call for his head is a bit puzzling.

bluedevil58*

This thread is/was directed towards Ruutu. That was my full intetion. How it escalated to a JR thread is beyond me. I am not the one to blame here.

bluedevil58*

Ok well I stand corrected. it appears that this is a JR call out based on my wording. Again, in my defense I was 3 sheets to the wind when making this post and enraged at what I was seeing on the TV at the time....

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Maybe we should just have a general rage/complain thread, so there is a place for this kind of stuff.

bluedevil58*

I would be a common poster there but a lot of what has been brought up in this thread has been a good read. I have enjoyed reading other's viewpoints.

geehaad

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2006
in my defense I was 3 sheets to the wind when making this post and enraged at what I was seeing on the TV at the time....

You were drunk at 12:14 PM EDT today, when you made the comment that you had no idea why people were bringing JR into this?

jeromeo87

Jul 23, 2010
I had a terrible, but strong feeling that Ruutu contract would come back to bite us. I was right.. I would much rather have Cole - more speed, more scoring ability.

That's too much money for Ruutu, too many years...WITH the NTC..yikes..

Was actually hoping JR would have used one of his buyouts on Ruutu

bb99

Apr 6, 2009
North Carolina
Word filter would make the drunk rage thread just a bunch of **********!!!
***********!!

*** ******* *************!!

Do eeeeet!

TheBigKahuna

Dec 6, 2010
Canes Country
I readily admit that I'd like to see JR replaced. But that's where it gets scary. Will they rehire Maurice for the job, or promote Francis? I'm not at all convinced that Francis is the man for the job. So, I have to wonder is the grass really greener?

At least we don't have Garth Snow or Paul Holmgren!

Identity404

I'm not superstitious, but I am a little stitious
Nov 5, 2005
Washington DC
Call me crazy, but I think Maurice would make a good GM. He really has an excellent hockey mind and seems to have a decent ability to evaluate players and their potential. He was the one who got Harrison and Tlusty here from the Toronto scrapheap.

I don't know about Francis... Paradis...

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
I hated that trade from day one. I doubted ruutu was going to make much of a difference, especially during the time it would take Ladd to develop. Classic negative jr trade. He has some positive ones too, no doubt.

You have to let it go though, it's done. Ruutu may still play a role down the road.

The contract was an equally painful moment for me. I wanted him traded in a rebuild. Jr wanted to hold on to the little we had. I get it. It was always destined to be a tough contract though. Gleasons too.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
I readily admit that I'd like to see JR replaced. But that's where it gets scary. Will they rehire Maurice for the job, or promote Francis? I'm not at all convinced that Francis is the man for the job. So, I have to wonder is the grass really greener?

At least we don't have Garth Snow or Paul Holmgren!

Or those idiots that ran Tampa in 2008. Those guys came close to trading Stamkos in his rookie season because he "wasn't developing fast enough", oh yeah and they hired Barry Melrose as head coach.

Seriously if some dumbass like that was in charge of the Hurricanes, there is a very very good chance I would give up my fanhood of the team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad