Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
God forbid they add in a feature that has been in every COD since Black Ops 1 and allow voting on maps...

I'm happy it's not in, personally. Aren't there only like seven 6v6 maps available right now anyway? Everyone would be voting for Crash and Shoothouse.

Although it would be nice to vote against Azhir Cave so i never have to play on that awful map again

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I'm happy it's not in, personally. Aren't there only like seven 6v6 maps available right now anyway? Everyone would be voting for Crash and Shoothouse.

Although it would be nice to vote against Azhir Cave so i never have to play on that awful map again
I waffle on Cave back and forth. I think I've settled on meh. It's meh to me. I don't like it, but I don't get too upset when it comes up in the rotation.

The map that I despise is Picadilly. Just a truly horrific map.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
New Patch

WHAT’S NEW:
  • Shoot House 24/7 is back! (replaces Crash 24/7)
  • Removed night maps from Hardcore modes
  • Added Docks back into Gunfight map rotation
  • Added Grazna Raid and Arklov Peak to Hardcore TDM
  • Added Arklov Peak to Hardcore Headquarters
GENERAL FIXES:
  • When attempting to view weapon details of a weapon in the Missions tab, players will be kicked back to the main menu. This has been fixed.
  • Fix for the cargo ship clipping through the playable area on Docks
  • In some cases, players were not able to see or shoot down an opposing team’s Counter UAV. This has been fixed
  • Fix for the VTOL audio persisting after being shot down
  • Fix for a crash that could occur while prone and firing the AK-47 with a launcher and the Fully Loaded perk equipped
  • Fix for the “Jack Frosty” and “Old Wounds” world model appearing differently than the Armory/Gunsmith models
  • Special Operations: “Just Reward” – Fix for the HVT truck crashing into portions of the map
  • Special Operations: Survival – Fix for the respawn flare not working as intended

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
thank f*** shoot house is back, only game mode i play since i dont play enough to really know all the maps when i do

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
My buddy only has Black Ops 4 so I decided to play with him for a bit over the weekend. I forgot how much fun that game was, especially compared to MW.
It’s funny because I didn’t mind BO4 but MW is superior in almost every way for me. I do miss Blackout mode but that’s about it.

Really loving the 4v4 reinforce. Probably one of my favourite game modes ever. Great map rotation too.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
My buddy only has Black Ops 4 so I decided to play with him for a bit over the weekend. I forgot how much fun that game was, especially compared to MW.

This game is just a f***ing campfest. Even when I do well and have a shitload of kills and killstreaks in a match, it's just not fun.

Maybe I'm getting old or just don't enjoy multiplayer shooters anymore.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
This game is just a ****ing campfest. Even when I do well and have a ****load of kills and killstreaks in a match, it's just not fun.

Maybe I'm getting old or just don't enjoy multiplayer shooters anymore.

I was getting called a camper last time I played because every time I killed the same guy I was stationary. I'd hear him coming, and then set up in an advantageous position and wreck him, in various locations all over the map. It was amazing that moving around the entire game means I'm camping simply because I'm not running while shooting at people. The term has been used too often for me to care anymore while in the game and I don't know what other people are talking about when reading about the camping problem.

Camping, to me, is when a player is sitting in the same location with little to no variation in order to get kills. Hiding behind a corner, refusing to move until they get an easy kill. Controlling a region of a map is just being good at the game. How do you define camping?

I do think mounting encourages players to be more stationary and they should probably remove that feature.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This game is no different when it comes to camping than say a MW2. Back then unlimited claymores + noobtubes+tac insert meant you could stay in one spot the entire game. As long as killstreaks are in this game, people will camp. thats all there is too it.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
This game is no different when it comes to camping than say a MW2. Back then unlimited claymores + noobtubes+tac insert meant you could stay in one spot the entire game. As long as killstreaks are in this game, people will camp. thats all there is too it.

Still, that game had Ninja pro so it didn't sound like the circus was moving through the map every time you changed positions. There was a nice trade off between Ninja vs. Sitrep/Scrambler if you wanted to avoid claymore spam.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Still, that game had Ninja pro so it didn't sound like the circus was moving through the map every time you changed positions. There was a nice trade off between Ninja vs. Sitrep/Scrambler if you wanted to avoid claymore spam.
Ninja and Sitrep were on the same perk slot if im not mistaken but I see what ur saying. I do however think they improved the footsteps in this game quite a bit though.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Ninja and Sitrep were on the same perk slot if im not mistaken but I see what ur saying. I do however think they improved the footsteps in this game quite a bit though.
They are, that was my point :) You could have your dead silence, but there was a trade off - prepare to die by random claymores! :laugh:

If you're still playing HC come this weekend let me know and I'll hop on with ya.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Only recently started playing Hardcore as well and really enjoy it. It can be a little hectic at times but I mostly play objective based game-modes unless I'm grinding shoothouse for accomplishments/missions.

Yeah and the whole camping/tactical thing has become such a weird meme to me. Basically if you aren't running around like a headless chicken all game people will claim you're a camper. Doesn't make a lot of sense but eh. Crouching eliminates most sound and dead silence exists for when you really need to blast around.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
When I played hardcore TDM early on it was a legitimate campground, but I wonder if that's because people didn't know the maps as well so they were more cautious.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Camping is when you're crouched in some stairwell somewhere waiting for guys to come through a doorway and not moving from that position. It's not holding a crucial position on the map.

On Crash for instance, holding up in one of the two buildings with two windows looking down on "B" isn't camping IMO. Neither is either end of that long straightaway on the side of the map overlooking "A" near the busted up truck and barrel. Those are important parts of the map that need to be controlled and everyone knows someone is there or going to be there shortly.

There's a certain, douchey hiding aspect that goes with camping. Its getting cheap kills

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Camping is when you're crouched in some stairwell somewhere waiting for guys to come through a doorway and not moving from that position. It's not holding a crucial position on the map.

On Crash for instance, holding up in one of the two buildings with two windows looking down on "B" isn't camping IMO. Neither is either end of that long straightaway on the side of the map overlooking "A" near the busted up truck and barrel. Those are important parts of the map that need to be controlled and everyone knows someone is there or going to be there shortly.

There's a certain, *****ey hiding aspect that goes with camping. Its getting cheap kills

I view it the same way. Strategically holding things isn't camping, staying in one location (not moving at all) for an extremely long duration is when it is a seemingly random spot. I still don't have a problem with it because I know how to handle players that play that way, you just avoid the spot and you'll never see them again. Ta da, problem solved.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yeah I don't think defending a B flag in Domination is camping. That's what you should be doing. Sitting at the back of the map getting 30 kills with no captures and 0 defends is camping.

Crash has joined Piccadilly as an instant drop if I see it come up. It's just a mess of windows, doors and head glitches where you can't see shit.

Turin

Feb 27, 2018
When I played hardcore TDM early on it was a legitimate campground, but I wonder if that's because people didn't know the maps as well so they were more cautious.

This entire game is more campy than any shooter I’ve played in 15 years

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Yeah I don't think defending a B flag in Domination is camping. That's what you should be doing. Sitting at the back of the map getting 30 kills with no captures and 0 defends is camping.

Crash has joined Piccadilly as an instant drop if I see it come up. It's just a mess of windows, doors and head glitches where you can't see ****.

Gotta disagree there. I feel like the sections of the map are separated enough to where if you don’t like what’s going on at a certain section you can kinda still do your own thing and easily avoid it.

I like Crash and was bummed when they switched back to SHOOTHOUSE 24/7

Reactions: tacogeoff

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad