Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
It has always been funny to me how people who play FPS games online by themselves or with at most a buddy or two get upset at how their teammates play or how the other team plays.

These games inherently get more competitive for better or worse. If how other people play is going to affect your attitude so much then try harder to play with more people you know. You make yourself more and more immune to the annoying things that can happen in games whether it’s an FPS like Modern Warfare or on EASHL game. Especially with the “club” feature on Xbox, you can almost always find people to play with that aren’t total boners. It goes a long way

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
It looks as though if you buy the lowest tier battlepass and make it through all the levels, you will earn enough cod points for the next battlepass assuming its the same price. Im going to play as I normally do and if I get close I will purchase then, but not now.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Even if it did have the least amount of maps (does that include the groundwar and gunfight maps?) the game itself has a full campaign, special ops, many different game modes, completely customizable weapons, etc. etc. it's not like this was an 'incomplete' game when released. That they are continuing to add content for free and people are complaining about it just points to how entitled gamers have become.

They provide entertainment but it's also a business. We are not entitled to anything. They could make a steaming pile of crap and if people continue to buy and play it they will continue to do it; especially when most of the complaints are absolutely frivolous/whiny and, as mentioned, entitled. If it was a badly designed game people would stop playing it, stop buying it, and that's how you get companies to react. However, also as mentioned, this game has a very healthy playerbase and a large group of that is very happy with how this game is going.

I agree. But, people are also entitled to their opinion.

My opinion is that this was an incomplete game when released - something I don't recall having ever said about a COD before. Most people don't play for the campaign or spec ops so those being added back in is really inconsequential. Additionally, the "many different game modes" you reference have been in every single Call of Duty. It isn't like they added anything new. I think it is actually easier to make the argument they took a giant step back based on how the lobbies run since you aren't ever in a lobby with people for more than one game. That is how I have met a bunch of the people I currently play with and to me that is a giant downfall of SBMM. I loved getting in a good lobby, clan vs. clan or even two groups of randoms that stuck together for a while and spending 5-6 games going back and forth. SBMM is a solution in search of a problem. Most people who were actually good/competitive would play OBJ game modes. That is where you would find the most competitive players.

Additionally, I think the issue with the maps goes way beyond your current understanding of it. When the game came out, you had 6 regular sized maps for TDM (the most popular game mode). There were 2-3 separate maps each for ground war and gunfight. So while you may have 12 maps total, for most people there are only 6 maps in the pool. If the game was released with 8-10 maps for 6v6 play, I don't think as many people would be complaining. It just feels like a lot of the changes were made for the sake of change and not well thought out changes that overall were a net positive on game play.

I don't think the issues with MW have to do with gamer entitlement. The reason people are especially vocal this year is because they gave us a lot of things that few to no people asked for, took away a few of the consistent things that worked in COD (such as sticking with lobbies, being able to vote on maps, etc), removal of dead silence, a ridiculous multiplier to head shots and so on. It isn't just fans, you have had a lot of COD pro's being very vocal about the changes to this game. Additionally, I think the larger issue is the constant yo-yo each year with the franchise. You go from having jet packs, wall running and super fast game play one year to having super slow, boots on the ground game play the next. You never know quite how far they are going to take it each year. I didn't expect to like Ghosts or Black Ops 3 based on everything I read but I really ended up enjoying both. I expected to love MW and frankly, absolutely hate it.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
The game is still crashing for me and I think it's related to Discord running, but I refuse to play without it. Hopefully my PC upgrades will help fix the issue...otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do. I never heard back from their customer service when I inquired about a refund.

Crash is going to be a lot of fun for me and I'm glad they brought that one back. Hopefully they bring others back soon as well.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I think it is actually easier to make the argument they took a giant step back based on how the lobbies run since you aren't ever in a lobby with people for more than one game. That is how I have met a bunch of the people I currently play with and to me that is a giant downfall of SBMM. I loved getting in a good lobby, clan vs. clan or even two groups of randoms that stuck together for a while and spending 5-6 games going back and forth.

Joe Cecot claims disbanding lobbies is a bug. It's supposed to keep the lobbies together for fives matches, THEN disband them. LMAO you can't make this stuff up. I have nothing against IW, Joe or any of the devs but this is just incompetence.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gardner McKay

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The game is still crashing for me and I think it's related to Discord running, but I refuse to play without it. Hopefully my PC upgrades will help fix the issue...otherwise I don't know what I'm going to do. I never heard back from their customer service when I inquired about a refund.

Crash is going to be a lot of fun for me and I'm glad they brought that one back. Hopefully they bring others back soon as well.

I played Crash a bit last night with @Hammettf2b. It's like a maze of WTF. And there is one EXTREMELY bad head glitch spot near the downed chopper. But I was playing Headquarters which I am not really into. I need to play it more in Domination or TDM to get a feel.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Joe Cecot claims disbanding lobbies is a bug. It's supposed to keep the lobbies together for fives games, THEN disband them. LMAO you can't make this stuff up. I have nothing against IW, Joe or any of the devs but this is just incompetence.
how the F hasn't that been fixed yet. what a s*** show

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
how the F hasn't that been fixed yet. what a s*** show

Probably because they took something that worked and WAAAY over-engineered it. Like @Gardner McKay said above, a solution in search of a problem. There is likely alot of logic involved with players leaving and joining the lobbies and how it gauges what is considered five matches, then considering SBMM etc.

I dunno about you guys but finding a lobby seems to take a LONG time for me on PS4 which seems odd considering you have cross play now. Probably a telling sign there is a lot of f***ing about going on in the background to get you lobbied up with "similar" skill levels.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Probably because they took something that worked and WAAAY over-engineered it. Like @Gardner McKay said above, a solution in search of a problem There is likely alot of logic involved with players leaving and joining the lobbies and how it gauges what is considered five matches, then considering SBMM etc.

I dunno about you guys but finding a lobby seems to take a LONG time for me on PS4 which seems odd considering you have cross play now. Probably a telling sign there is a lot of ****ing about going on in the background to get you lobbied up with "similar" skill levels.
What filters do you use? I usually only have one particular game mode and it doesn't seem to take longer than normal (normal for previous games).

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
What filters do you use? I usually only have one particular game mode and it doesn't seem to take longer than normal (normal for previous games).

I have both TDM types and both Domination types. I'll try with only one of them selected just out of curiosity to see if it's faster. You would think with more options for what games I would play it would join faster....

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Joe Cecot claims disbanding lobbies is a bug. It's supposed to keep the lobbies together for fives matches, THEN disband them. LMAO you can't make this stuff up. I have nothing against IW, Joe or any of the devs but this is just incompetence.

That's nuts. The lobby thing is annoying and the other thing that happens more frequently than it should is nearly entire teams leaving a match in TDM. I've had games where it's 6v2 for a huge chunk of the game, which isn't fun for anybody. I have to constantly run to every spawn trying to find the two players and hope I get them before my teammates do. The two players get absolutely wrecked because they're spawning and dying instantly.

I played Crash a bit last night with @Hammettf2b. It's like a maze of WTF. And there is one EXTREMELY bad head glitch spot near the downed chopper. But I was playing Headquarters which I am not really into. I need to play it more in Domination or TDM to get a feel.

You never played Crash back in the day? They made some changes and I only played it once last night, but it felt nice to be on a map I knew already. Was able to do decently well despite lagging like crazy. There are so many areas on that map to control but people get so focused on the three story building. I think they changed the coloring pretty significantly, and I actually think that detracts from it a bit.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
You never played Crash back in the day? They made some changes and I only played it once last night, but it felt nice to be on a map I knew already. Was able to do decently well despite lagging like crazy. There are so many areas on that map to control but people get so focused on the three story building. I think they changed the coloring pretty significantly, and I actually think that detracts from it a bit.

Yeah I played Crash in MW2 but I don't remember much of it anymore. I felt lost running around lol.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008

Why not just disable it, and let the players...you know, decide when they want a new lobby?

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Why not just disable it, and let the players...you know, decide when they want a new lobby?
Not trying to defend them or anything, but I'm assuming its a little more difficult because of the playlist system? I could be totally wrong as I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to this but I'm not sure how that would work when a bunch of different people have a bunch of different playlists selected.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg

Might not be easy to just "disable" without some major changes to the matchmaking system. And/Or perhaps they would rather have it broken and leave as is until it's fixed because at least it works and they don't want to go back to the old way of matchmaking, even if only for the time being. Sounds like they are all-in on the current matchmaking logic.

Not trying to defend them or anything, but I'm assuming its a little more difficult because of the playlist system? I could be totally wrong as I have no idea what I'm talking about when it comes to this but I'm not sure how that would work when a bunch of different people have a bunch of different playlists selected.

Yeah, that's a problem likely. Quick Play is kind of a cool feature, but it does introduce complications in this regard. That could be what is causing the bug because it makes sense everyone gets dropped after the match since there will be a variance of Quick Play filters.

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
The map rotation is such trash in this game. Been playing the new update for a couple hours and not once have gotten into a game with any of the 3 new maps. I've been in the Crash 24/7 playlist a couple times, but Crash was never one of my favorite maps

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The map rotation is such trash in this game. Been playing the new update for a couple hours and not once have gotten into a game with any of the 3 new maps. I've been in the Crash 24/7 playlist a couple times, but Crash was never one of my favorite maps

Crash is the only one of the three released for now, along with one for Ground War.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Just got a 2 gig patch for PS4. Silence from IW so who knows what's in it. The good ol' PS4 "copying" procedure is almost at 30 minutes though.

Edit: Ahh according to Twitter it looks like a patch to address some stability issues with Ground War introduced with the Season 1 update

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

God forbid they add in a feature that has been in every COD since Black Ops 1 and allow voting on maps...

Reactions: ibleedkings

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad