Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The amount of whining about this game is pretty over the top.

I have never played a CoD game more than this one (time restrictions probably had a factor as well but...). I love it. I love that the matchmaking keeps you honest. Challenges are supposed to be...challenging, if you want to grind for them then do it (by the way, shoothouse makes like 95% of them easy-peasy without needing to be an 'anchor'). Playing with someone who is really, really good should mean the other team you are playing can compensate for that. Why should they just let teams be ridiculously unbalanced so one guy can carry his friends so it's 'fun'? I wouldn't mind if they changed to a league structure and a public match structure but I still don't see why removing SBMM should be a thing even in that case; maybe just create an environment where people won't take it as seriously (or just don't take some matches as seriously since your KD ratio, results and such literally mean nothing).

The bring back old maps and now there are complaints because it's not the maps people wanted (Crash btw is an amazing map). Eyeroll.

The things not working as intended and imbalanced weapons, effects, etc. are legitimate complaints but most of the stuff is just whiny, entitled nonsense.

...aaaaaaanyway, my K/D isn't great...started out around .7~ (I've never been super into these games, but I've also been grinding away at the Achivements and Missions) but I've managed to climb up to .83~ and have been really enjoying all the variety of game modes (the 2v2 Gunfight is awesome) that allow for all kinds of different loadouts and playstyles (all of which are valid). Just hit level 155! Really looking forward to Crash, Infected and checking out the new weapons!

I love this game. FWIW I've also never had any matchmaking issues, don't care that I'm not the best player in every match, and am fine playing with players better than me even when it's challenging. I've learned a lot from it.

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I mean, the truth is, if you have curated matchmaking working as intended, everybody should eventually regress to roughly 1.0 k/d over enough time.

I don't have any issue with the matchmaking. Map quality and weapon balance have been the major issues.

People looking for easy targets should just play the campaign on easy. Plenty of cannon fodder there to boost a player’s ego and make them feel like a big man.

Reactions: 542365 and YNWA14

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I mean, the truth is, if you have curated matchmaking working as intended, everybody should eventually regress to roughly 1.0 k/d over enough time.

I don't have any issue with the matchmaking. Map quality and weapon balance have been the major issues.

People looking for easy targets should just play the campaign on easy. Plenty of cannon fodder there to boost a player’s ego and make them feel like a big man.
The only maps I have a problem with are the ones that are way too big for the number of players (honestly, the only map I really don't like is the one with the bridge in the middle separating two sides, and I never see it anymore). I don't think a map has to have a flow to be good. Personal favourite is probably Gun Runner but I think they're all fun in different ways. It's just a lot to get used to.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
Sooooo when are they gonna hit the Snakeshot ammo for the .357 with the nerf hammer? It’s basically like having a 6 shot 725 as your secondary without using overkill. Using it with a riot shield is both hilarious and borderline OP.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Reverse boosting is very prevalent right now. I was working on a challenge to get 10 finishing moves and my kd took a hit. It got to the point where I was put into lower skilled lobbies and there were filled with really good players getting high killstreaks one after another. I really hope IW does something about this.

Jul 10, 2010
The only maps I have a problem with are the ones that are way too big for the number of players (honestly, the only map I really don't like is the one with the bridge in the middle separating two sides, and I never see it anymore). I don't think a map has to have a flow to be good. Personal favourite is probably Gun Runner but I think they're all fun in different ways. It's just a lot to get used to.
agreed, that bridge map is probably the worst in the game, much worse than picadilly. once one team claims that bridge, they can just set up camp and snipe til the gams done.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Reverse boosting is very prevalent right now. I was working on a challenge to get 10 finishing moves and my kd took a hit. It got to the point where I was put into lower skilled lobbies and there were filled with really good players getting high killstreaks one after another. I really hope IW does something about this.
Same. People who sandbag just to dominate are scum IMO. Just play the game. If you end up a. It lower sometimes because you’re doing challenges and it happens naturally that’s fine but intentionally avoiding your skill bracket just so you can get high single game scores and such is pretty sad.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'm only a level 40 or so and haven't been playing more than 1-3 hours a week, but am i missing something with these complaints for SBMM? I don't understand why people would be upset matching up against people as good as them or very slightly better/worse than they are.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I'm only a level 40 or so and haven't been playing more than 1-3 hours a week, but am i missing something with these complaints for SBMM? I don't understand why people would be upset matching up against people as good as them or very slightly better/worse than they are.
Because they want the game to be easy and not have to try as hard, or something.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
New patch

PLAYLIST UPDATE:
Added:
  • Crash 24/7
  • Port added to Ground War
  • Reinforce
  • Added Rammaza and Gun Runner to TDM 20 and DOM 20
  • Added night maps to Hardcore TDM, Search and Destroy, Cyber Attack
Removed:
  • Gun Game (available in Private Match)
  • Shoot House 24/7
  • 2v2 Gunfight Tournament
https://preview.redd.it/xdqib1djdg2...bp&s=5173d4002b256ce22497a3ae127847c9c5a67c48
GENERAL FIXES:
  • Riot Shield:
    • Tuning to how the Riot Shield protects against grenades when thrown at the players' feet
    • Reduced explosive damage within certain ranges
  • Fixed a bug where the final killcam would appear under the map when a player got stuck by Thermite or Semtex on the lower part of the body
  • Fixed an issue where players stuck inside the Infantry Assault Vehicle would not take damage from Thermite
  • Fix for a bug where attempting to scroll to the bottom of the Recent Players list could cause the list to read “No Recent Players” and return to the top
  • Gunfight (private match): Fixes ‘Win by Two’ setting to end the game properly once the conditions have been met
Missions and Challenges:
The following are now fixed and have had their descriptions updated as needed
  • “Close and Personal”
  • “Perks of the Job”
  • “Bloodthirsty Killer”
  • “Destroy Ground Killstreaks” – All player-driven vehicles will count towards this launcher camo challenge
  • “Get 50 kills while an enemy UAV is active” – description updated to reflect that the Ghost perk needs to be equipped in order to complete
  • Combat Knife challenge descriptions updated
  • .357 camo challenge
  • Various updates to other camo challenges
  • Fix for Officer Challenge completion notifications not appearing on screen
Killstreaks:
  • Improved effectiveness of FMJ on Killstreaks
  • Fix for the Cluster Strike dealing damage inconsistently when targeting a VTOL jet
Weapons:
  • .357: Buckshot: reduced damage range, reduced effective hip fire damage. Tuned spread adjustments from barrel attachments
  • Menu damage stat bar adjustments for miscellaneous LMGs
https://preview.redd.it/ug9meldpdg2...bp&s=e8a53f8af7f23503bbbdb11c7c4f2c4449996fb0
  • Fixed a bug where the informant can be dropped in bad positions/near enemy soldiers in Operation Harbinger
  • Added a checkpoint after the third hack on Operation Brimstone
  • Fix for a bug where players could become stuck after going into last stand while breaching the trains on Operation Brimstone
  • Enemies in white trucks now exit their vehicles
KEYBOARD AND MOUSE
  • Leaderboards will no longer display complete gamertags. This should help higher profile leaderboards users from receiving too many invites
  • Fixed an issue where players would not be able to mantle while strafing with keyboard and mouse
  • Increased the turn-rate when aiming with a tank
  • Adjusted the camera orbit turn-rate while driving a vehicle using keyboard and mouse
  • The keybind “Vehicle Camera Recenter” is now linked to Melee by default (default on E / Mouse 4) and the re-centering of the camera has been improved
COD CASTER
  • Improvements for the camera transitions with Free Camera and Aerial Camera
  • Added a Killstreak view option when using the Portrait List
  • Added arrows under the players when using the Aerial Camera view
  • Added a skull icon on the Minimap where players die
PC
Shaders
Fixed an issue that forced shaders to be fully re-compiled after each title update. Shader installation should be expected mainly for new content, drivers update or changing the video card. New optimizations or bugfix that require modifying the shaders can also trigger part or the totality of the shaders to be re-compiled.
Want to know more about what's to come in Season One? Click here!
Have customer support questions? Click here!

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Lol so in a game starved for maps, they release only one today? Nice to see a nerf to the 357 but what an underwhelmimg update AGAIN.

This really is gonna be like COD WWII where it finally got good after it was too late. IW (or Activision) are really blowing this.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Lol so in a game starved for maps, they release only one today? Nice to see a nerf to the 357 but what an underwhelmimg update AGAIN.

This really is gonna be like COD WWII where it finally got good after it was too late. IW (or Activision) are really blowing this.
Is that confirmed? I know new maps are supposed to be released with this update. I read it as only a 24/7 mode playlist was added for that map just like the shoothouse one. I assumed the other maps are just in the regular game mode rotations? Im at work so I can't check myself.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
As far as I can tell it was just the two maps released today. Not really sure what they're blowing given all the content is free and they've made plenty of reasonable adjustments since the game launch. The game is great and the roadmap is great. Go play another gun game if you don't like it; despite the loud, whiny minority there's a very large playerbase that's very happy with this game.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I haven't confirmed it myself but the patch notes said nothing about Shipment and Vacant and when maps are added they definitely get mentioned in the patch notes. Could be an oversight, but I doubt it.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
As far as I can tell it was just the two maps released today. Not really sure what they're blowing given all the content is free and they've made plenty of reasonable adjustments since the game launch. The game is great and the roadmap is great. Go play another gun game if you don't like it; despite the loud, whiny minority there's a very large playerbase that's very happy with this game.

The content being free is ridiculous. Of course the content should be free when the game launches with the least amount of maps of any COD ever. This game is $90 Canadian after tax and you play basically three or four maps because everyone drops out when Palace, Bridge and Piccadilly come up because they are atrocious.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The content being free is ridiculous. Of course the content should be free when the game launches with the least amount of maps of any COD ever. This game is $90 Canadian after tax and you play basically three or four maps because everyone drops out when Palace, Bridge and Piccadilly come up because they are atrocious.
Even if it did have the least amount of maps (does that include the groundwar and gunfight maps?) the game itself has a full campaign, special ops, many different game modes, completely customizable weapons, etc. etc. it's not like this was an 'incomplete' game when released. That they are continuing to add content for free and people are complaining about it just points to how entitled gamers have become.

They provide entertainment but it's also a business. We are not entitled to anything. They could make a steaming pile of crap and if people continue to buy and play it they will continue to do it; especially when most of the complaints are absolutely frivolous/whiny and, as mentioned, entitled. If it was a badly designed game people would stop playing it, stop buying it, and that's how you get companies to react. However, also as mentioned, this game has a very healthy playerbase and a large group of that is very happy with how this game is going.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I dunno, I DO consider it a badly designed game as far as the maps go. Basically I like everything about the game, except the maps. Along with SBMM (which I think the complaints for are overblown a bit), the maps seem to receive the most hate which IMO is deserved. I'm actually looking forward to the new ones.

I have never played Spec Ops but I seem to recall reading it's extremely buggy.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Really pumped for Crash 24/7. I kind of wish they'd do a weekly rotational 24/7 for all maps they can. It was really easy to learn shoothouse that way and i feel like the major thing holding me back from being relatively as good as i used to be is that i don't know the maps as well yet.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Really pumped for Crash 24/7. I kind of wish they'd do a weekly rotational 24/7 for all maps they can. It was really easy to learn shoothouse that way and i feel like the major thing holding me back from being relatively as good as i used to be is that i don't know the maps as well yet.
I'm hearing they added head glitch spots and doors making it a camp fest. I was pretty excited for this map as well but we shall see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad