Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
The matchmaking is killing this game for me. Every match is an absolute sweat fest with everyone using the MP5/M4 while I’m running around with some trash gun trying to do challenges.

Every time I play with my friend he can barely get a kill, but then I joined one of his cyber attack games in progress and wiped entire team 2 rounds in a row with an M14 EBR no attachments. Finished the game 30–1 with 2 chopper gunners.
Sounds like that game you joined would have been really fun for the other team.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Sounds like that game you joined would have been really fun for the other team.
I’m sure it wasn’t. The same way it’s not fun for my friend to get destroyed just because we want to play together.

That lobby also would’ve never been together if the matchmaking was based on connection the way it should be.

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
Haven't played in like 2 weeks, what a waste of money that was. Never trusting my friend again, he said it was the best cod in a long time the first week it came out. I don't even think he really any anymore.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
I’m sure it wasn’t. The same way it’s not fun for my friend to get destroyed just because we want to play together.

That lobby also would’ve never been together if the matchmaking was based on connection the way it should be.
It is based on connection. Yes, skill seems to be one tiny component used in the matchmaking system, but you’ll never have a game where skill outweighed connection quality. I play with a guy who has a 2+ K/D and it’s pretty much no different in terms of skill than when I play solo with my 1.1 K/D. Only difference is that I usually have the best player in the game on my team. If anything it’s easier.

I will never understand why CoD fans don’t want to be matched with people of the same skill anyway though. A lot of shooters have an MMR system. Winning a close game is far more interesting to me than slaying guys who look like they’re using their nose to play. I know earning the kill streaks is fun too, but I prioritize winning over K/D 100%.

Aside from the bugs that force us to leave and rejoin the party from time to time I’m having a lot of fun with this game. The kills with no attachment challenges are so frustrating though. They make this badass gun smith with attachments that help a ton only to ask you to just throw it away for 5+ matches. Mounted kills are a bitch too except for the LMGs. I just don’t ever mount the weapon because I’m usually running around like crazy.

Reactions: YNWA14

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I played for a few hours Saturday night and honestly I still think it sucks. Like really, really sucks. The footsteps have gotten better but they are still too loud. I can't count the number of times I was killed on Saturday night where someone only got the jump on me because it sounded like I was f***ing wearing clown shoes.

The maps are extremely unbalanced. We got spawn trapped on Azir cave at least 3-4 times in the back spawn. On Gun Runner (a map I actually do like), we were pressing the other team on the far side of the map in the warehouse. We were literally in their spawn and they still kept spawning right in the cave. On Euphrates Bridge, how the hell on a map that big do you still spawn people within mere feet of the enemy? Also, maybe its just me but I feel like the head shot multiplier is way too high.

On a positive note, shoothouse is an extraordinary amount of fun and I REALLY enjoyed playing with the FAL.

I've got a ton of studying to do this week for my certification so I won't be playing. I'm going to give it another 2 weeks or so to see if there is any mention of adding dead silence as a perk. If not, I'll trade it in for Star Ocean: First Departure R and go back to Black Ops.

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
Prob going to take a break for a while. playing solo and not being able to stay in lobbies is killing this game for me. Not to mention the influx of reverse boosters now joining my lobbies.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Prob going to take a break for a while. playing solo and not being able to stay in lobbies is killing this game for me. Not to mention the influx of reverse boosters now joining my lobbies.

You know, I forgot to mention that. We were playing Search for a bit on Saturday and we got into a really, really competitive match. It was just a good game with a small amount of friendly shit talking. The kind of lobbies that you stay in for as long as they exist and it just sucked that we didn't get to play against that clan again.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
It is based on connection. Yes, skill seems to be one tiny component used in the matchmaking system, but you’ll never have a game where skill outweighed connection quality. I play with a guy who has a 2+ K/D and it’s pretty much no different in terms of skill than when I play solo with my 1.1 K/D. Only difference is that I usually have the best player in the game on my team. If anything it’s easier.

I will never understand why CoD fans don’t want to be matched with people of the same skill anyway though. A lot of shooters have an MMR system.
This is just not true from my experience. I’m routinely placed in games with people from Europe and Asia, and my ping is very rarely below 50. I live in Manhattan; there’s no reason why I shouldn’t have a full lobby of players from the tri-state area.

And to your second point, it has nothing to do with being paired against good players. The issue is that the system assumes you want to play at 100% all the time, which is just not true for most people.

I’m trying to do all of the missions and officer challenges, so I spent a few hours yesterday running around trying to stick people with thermite. This ruined several games for my teammates because I was a complete anchor the entire match. On top of that you now have people reverse boosting in almost every game going 0-60 and not playing the objective.

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Mar 22, 2012
This is just not true from my experience. I’m routinely placed in games with people from Europe and Asia, and my ping is very rarely below 50. I live in Manhattan; there’s no reason why I shouldn’t have a full lobby of players from the tri-state area.

And to your second point, it has nothing to do with being paired against good players. The issue is that the system assumes you want to play at 100% all the time, which is just not true for most people.

I’m trying to do all of the missions and officer challenges, so I spent a few hours yesterday running around trying to stick people with thermite. This ruined several games for my teammates because I was a complete anchor the entire match. On top of that you now have people reverse boosting in almost every game going 0-60 and not playing the objective.

This is just silly hyperbole. It's 100% about you wanting easy games against terrible players. Let's at least be honest about that. You're not stuck with players from around the world often, and nobody is reverse boosting :laugh: If they are that's just stupid because they matchmaking considers you last subsection of games to determine your skill, so reverse boosting would only get you a few games with bad players and then you'd be right back with your normal skill. I have 3 days played and I've seen precisely 0 people reverse boosting, so this "in almost every lobby" stuff is total garbage.

I'm sorry you can't get 3 chopper gunners a game and actually have to play against people relatively close to your skill level. This is something I will never understand. I doubt you play your sports games on rookie mode, or narrative games on easy, so why would you want that in CoD? Isn't overcoming a challenge rewarding enough?

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
This is just silly hyperbole. It's 100% about you wanting easy games against terrible players. Let's at least be honest about that. You're not stuck with players from around the world often, and nobody is reverse boosting :laugh: If they are that's just stupid because they matchmaking considers you last subsection of games to determine your skill, so reverse boosting would only get you a few games with bad players and then you'd be right back with your normal skill. I have 3 days played and I've seen precisely 0 people reverse boosting, so this "in almost every lobby" stuff is total garbage.

I'm sorry you can't get 3 chopper gunners a game and actually have to play against people relatively close to your skill level. This is something I will never understand. I doubt you play your sports games on rookie mode, or narrative games on easy, so why would you want that in CoD? Isn't overcoming a challenge rewarding enough?
No it’s not about me wanting 3 chopper gunners a game and stomping bad players. If I wanted to do that I would sit in a corner with the M4/725 all game like everyone else.

Like I already said, I’m trying to complete all of the challenges before the battle pass comes out. I have all but 2 missions completed and 90/100 officer challenges done. Not sure how you can say I only want to play against bad players when I’m clearly not playing the game for kills or wins.

50% of the lobbies I went into yesterday on shoot house 24/7 had people blowing themselves up with RPGs. I don’t care if your believe me, but it’s been all over Reddit this morning too. The cat’s out of the bag with streamers and YTers doing it so they can get easy nukes and killstreaks.

Edit:
Peruse these at your leisure and tell me I’m lying about anything

https://reddit.app.link/AVuv2l3AU1

https://reddit.app.link/ho6Dsb6AU1

https://reddit.app.link/ob2b5q9AU1

https://reddit.app.link/14qckafBU1

Last edited:

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder

No, but you should have easier and harder games from time to time... which is how it used to be.

I do agree that the reverse boosting stuff is BS. I played a few hours on Saturday night and didn't encounter it once.

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
No, but you should have easier and harder games from time to time... which is how it used to be.

I do agree that the reverse boosting stuff is BS. I played a few hours on Saturday night and didn't encounter it once.
Yesterday was the first day I actually saw people doing it in my games FWIW

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
How similar is the multiplayer to MW3 compared to Ghosts, WW2, Advanced Warfare?

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Fix the ****ing matchmaking already.

Enough. I uninstalled the game knowing its a lost cause in its current state but the fact IW is just ignoring all the major complaints is infuriating. I didn't realize Respawn Entertainment was the remnants of the guys who developed the good MW games and the new IW is just a crappy shell.

I went back to Battlefront. It took like 2 years and for EA getting shoo'd away but that game is legitimately good now. Much better than this trash.

Last edited:

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I haven't noticed any match making issues. I'm on PC and play with a controller. There doesn't seem to be a difference in my abilities when playing keyboard players or controllers, and my performance stays the same regardless of who I'm playing with. I have a friend with .5 k/d and another closer to 2, and I'm at 1.23 and climbing rapidly. I do only play FFA and TDM for the most part and I'm not sure if that has anything to do with it.

Reactions: YNWA14

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I don't mind old maps re-done, I just find it silly they launch the game with the lowest amount of maps in COD history, then slowly release some OMG NEW (old) maps and game modes that came with other COD games at launch and act like this content release is unprecedented.

Crash I remember not thinking much of, but we'll see how it goes. Shipment will be good. Vacant I don't think I have played. At any rate, I hope older maps like these help cut down on the absolute pathetic way alot of people play this game on the current clusterf*** maps.

Reactions: Gardner McKay

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
I don't mind old maps re-done, I just find it silly they launch the game with the lowest amount of maps in COD history, then slowly release some OMG NEW (old) maps and game modes that came with other COD games at launch and act like this content release is unprecedented.

Crash I remember not thinking much of, but we'll see how it goes. Shipment will be good. Vacant I don't think I have played. At any rate, I hope older maps like these help cut down on the absolute pathetic way alot of people play this game on the current cluster**** maps.
Oh I absolutely agree with you. Sorry if that wasn't clear. I'm just bitching because although I am happy they are adding old maps, I feel like they picked some terrible ones to add. We just had a COD4 re release a few years ago, why not use maps from MW2 or MW3?

Reactions: Smelling Salt

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad