Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Surprised as a "student" you are so disdainful of citing others, especially when it's needed in college writing (maybe you are HS student?).

In this case Scump is a pro CoD player who plays competitively for the Chicago Huntsmen and his opinion carries a lot of weight.

Why the f*** wouldn't I drop opinions on what pro streamers think? They do this for a living. You play like 1 hour a day for fun. They play 8 or 9 hours per day. Do you even Twitch, bruh?

There's a difference between citing sources (taking someone else's information and presenting it in an argument) and mindlessly posting crap from social media with no context. Given by your smoothbrained statement I can tell you can't tell the difference.

Also, for one I don't play this game at all since I can't stand the way either Warzone or MW plays. And two, just because they play it 8 hours a day doesn't mean they know what's best for the game. Half the time they screech about stuff that impacts them and only them. How bad of a state would fortnite be in if they listened to Ninja everytime he whined about how the game isn't fair because he died?

Just like reading social media doesn't make you an expert on your favorite crappy football team, you troglodyte.

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Didn't watch the video. What was the TLDW?
He pretty much killed any argument for the current SBMM setup in this video. First point was to ditch SBMM in pubs and bring back ranked play. Which, I think is a fantastic idea and would solve the issue at hand.

Second point, was that the current set up makes it really hard to complete challenges. If you're a good player or a pro-caliber player and are running a 4+ K/D, doing certain challenges is nearly impossible. He said if you keep SBMM, they really need to tune in back. He said going in against complete newbs isn't fun for him, but neither is only going against the top 1% of players.

Third point, if you are always going against high level competition, it makes it less likely that people will use different guns and try different set ups. From his perspective after doing scrimms for 4-6 hours and now he wants to go home and play for fun and play some crazy set ups, he really can't.

Fourth point, Treyarch dev said SBMM has been in the franchise for a while and Scump said that was kind of his point. It was there but it wasn't super obvious. Which, IMO is what it should be. You would get some games against scrubs. You would get some games against sweatsacks and some games were against your average competition.

Last point, Connection based matchmaking with a hint of skill based matchmaking.

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
He pretty much killed any argument for the current SBMM setup in this video. First point was to ditch SBMM in pubs and bring back ranked play. Which, I think is a fantastic idea and would solve the issue at hand.

Second point, was that the current set up makes it really hard to complete challenges. If you're a good player or a pro-caliber player and are running a 4+ K/D, doing certain challenges is nearly impossible. He said if you keep SBMM, they really need to tune in back. He said going in against complete newbs isn't fun for him, but neither is only going against the top 1% of players.

Third point, if you are always going against high level competition, it makes it less likely that people will use different guns and try different set ups. From his perspective after doing scrimms for 4-6 hours and now he wants to go home and play for fun and play some crazy set ups, he really can't.

Fourth point, Treyarch dev said SBMM has been in the franchise for a while and Scump said that was kind of his point. It was there but it wasn't super obvious. Which, IMO is what it should be. You would get some games against scrubs. You would get some games against sweatsacks and some games were against your average competition.

Last point, Connection based matchmaking with a hint of skill based matchmaking.
I think the majority would love if this was implemented. As of right now, the COD franchise is dead to me with how strict their SBMM is.

Reactions: Gardner McKay
Sep 19, 2008
Early access is pretty fun so far.

Few visual elements to get used to but it runs fine on ultra here. Biggest complaint I'm seeing is the damn load times.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
Yes the graphics are the biggest issue. Not the awful matchmaking, server issues and other issues.

This series needs to die already. As does your terrible opinions but im sure you won't bother responding like when I tore your last grade school argument to shreds

Last edited:
Sep 19, 2008
Pros

- the health bar if you get used to it

- it's your typical hardpoints shit, capture this capture that. Not too different from MW MP.

- graphics look good and game runs pretty smooth

Cons

- inability to interact w environment, can't close doors

- no emotes, no thumbs up (maybe haven't found the key yet, in MW and Warzone you can thumbs up using T or salute or shit like that)

- loading times are ridiculous. "Waiting for player"
-

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
utqt0m7fvbt51.jpg

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
MAJORLY disappointed in this game so far, and I have liked all the Black Ops games (even BLOPS4 which took a bit of a beating).

Pros:
The faster speed of the game
POV slider added to console
Detailed Gunsmith
I don't mind the maps but Miami is a head-glitch, hard to see anything gong show

Cons:
Seems like it takes forever to unlock attachments and perks
Load times
Disbanding lobbies
Sliding was nerfed from Alpha-->Beta, but it needs more. It's ridic
Some performance issues especially on Armada
Sound is really mediocre
The new scorestreak system is not great
Constant UAV spam

Major Cons:
CAN'T SEE SHIT
ADSing seemingly makes the player you shoot at disappear, like because of the weird recoil, muzzle flash and smoke
Even harder to see players if using iron sights
The seemingly awful netcode/servers causing some strange gun battles
Graphics are flat. Looks straight out of 2012 or a mobile game
Guns just feel like crap. No weight to them

The game looks and feels rushed, which I guess technically it was. I am interested how it's going to sync with Warzone, though.

All the hype/trailer videos and reveal set pieces look to have a higher production values than the actual game.

Last edited:

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
I never really "got" streamers calling players "sweats". Most of the streamers are the sweats. Are you telling me that slide cancelling everywhere, jumping around corners and trying to drop 50-60 kills every time in Warzone duos isn't "sweating"?
I never understood that either as I agree, they would be the ones who are sweats. In this case though I think hes saying the entire lobby is consisted of "sweaty" players whereas back in the day you would get mixed lobbies.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
I never understood that either as I agree, they would be the ones who are sweats. In this case though I think hes saying the entire lobby is consisted of "sweaty" players whereas back in the day you would get mixed lobbies.

I totally agree with you and he is a right to that point. I'm sure these guys will just say "Well we have to sweat since the lobby is!@!@!@!" BS, you were gonna sweat anyway. I don't buy the "fun weapons" excuse he made. They might fool around once in a while for fun, but 95% of the time these streamers are going for max kills and playing with their butt cheeks clenched, full-stop.

It looks like he posted this yesterday, after playing with DrDisrespect which I actually happened to be watching. He was complaining on stream about it. Not raging like I have seen some do, just complaining. I get it, I really do. I just don't get it when comes from these guys.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
So basically you're looking at a complaint that the matchmaking is working perfectly, and high level players can't dunk on newbies as much.

Treyarch (is it Treyarch?): "Mission Accomplished"

Am I missing something, or is he actually complaining because he has to actually try to play well to win? Isn't that what you want?

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Yea the whole streamers complaining about sweating thing has always been one of two pet peeves I have. Good streamers that are on for hours are looking to have fun, yes, but their definition of fun is shitting on players. That's also, by way of logic, sweating. If you're doing everything you can to have the best game possible, youre sweating, so I never really got the argument that they would complain about something they theymselves were doing.

The other is when streamers get beat in a gun battle and automatically assume their cheating. "He's cheating!! Absolutely!! They're stream sniping 100 percent!" and then proceed to call them garbage. No, you just got beat in a gun fight, thats all. It happens, move on. Stop being petty. No doubt there are stream snipers and cheaters out there, but not every kill is somebody exploiting them lol. There's definitely an air of superiority thats increased as streaming has become more popular.

Sep 19, 2008
I've never seen a streamer be petty over a death. There are sus plays where streamers spectate after they die to see if they were legit or not. Most of the time it's not. (gas mask glitch / stim glitch) But if they get shot and killed it's usually GG. (Fine...sometimes they say "kid camping in the stairs with the Origin" and complain about that :laugh:)

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
So basically you're looking at a complaint that the matchmaking is working perfectly, and high level players can't dunk on newbies as much.

Treyarch (is it Treyarch?): "Mission Accomplished"

Am I missing something, or is he actually complaining because he has to actually try to play well to win? Isn't that what you want?

Activision calls the shots on SBMM. But basically, yeah. I think the argument is without SBMM you can still get a mix of good/bad players in a lobby. And if the lobby is too good, you can drop out. Now you can't even drop out because the lobby disbands anyway.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Yea the whole streamers complaining about sweating thing has always been one of two pet peeves I have. Good streamers that are on for hours are looking to have fun, yes, but their definition of fun is shitting on players. That's also, by way of logic, sweating. If you're doing everything you can to have the best game possible, youre sweating, so I never really got the argument that they would complain about something they theymselves were doing.

The other is when streamers get beat in a gun battle and automatically assume their cheating. "He's cheating!! Absolutely!! They're stream sniping 100 percent!" and then proceed to call them garbage. No, you just got beat in a gun fight, thats all. It happens, move on. Stop being petty. No doubt there are stream snipers and cheaters out there, but not every kill is somebody exploiting them lol. There's definitely an air of superiority thats increased as streaming has become more popular.

The high-skill streamers do run into alot of cheaters, especially guys like Zlaner, NickMercs, Huskerrs, Teepee, symfuhny, etc. I've seen them get killed by a cheater multiple games in a row. NickMercs played with a random on Duos a couple days ago and the random was cheating lol.

I think they do claim "stream sniper" too much, but it is valid at times.

I've never seen a streamer be petty over a death. There are sus plays where streamers spectate after they die to see if they were legit or not. Most of the time it's not. (gas mask glitch / stim glitch) But if they get shot and killed it's usually GG. (Fine...sometimes they say "kid camping in the stairs with the Origin" and complain about that :laugh:)

lol which streamers do you watch? Lots of them complain about sweats/cheaters/stream snipers, multiple times a stream. Some rage about it, some just kind of say it in passing.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
Still can’t believe tons of people actually watch other people play video games. Seems so boring.

There's no difference between watching a streamer play a game to win, than there is watching a team play a football game to win, for example. None. It comes down to your level of excitement for the activity itself. If you like the activity, you may enjoy watching others do so as well. It has really nothing to do with just "watching people play video games"

Reactions: John Price

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad