Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
S3 has done something overall to the game which is killing the experience. Feels like everything has been nerfed, player movement, TTK and just the overall feel of it. Before S3 i was a 2.1 K/D and now I'm lucky if i go 1.0 is some seriously sweat fest matches

Reactions: SpookyTsuki

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
S3 has done something overall to the game which is killing the experience. Feels like everything has been nerfed, player movement, TTK and just the overall feel of it. Before S3 i was a 2.1 K/D and now I'm lucky if i go 1.0 is some seriously sweat fest matches

im loving it currently.

my KD is on the rise from about 1.2 ish to around 2.0 on a good day now. Since they nerfed the FFARR, M16, Mac10 and a few others it has become a way more even playing field were skill is king imo. FARA 83 is the way to go if you need to replace the FFAR. you can make a ridiculous strafe build with huge hitting power for close to mid range and still decently accurate long range with iron sights.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I'm digging it. My sledgehammer and my ARs are loving it.

Dolemite

The one...the only...
Sponsor
May 4, 2004
Washington DC

I don't think there's anything wrong except for the skill level is up. But I can still do this regularly.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
I think the opposite. I’m having a great time. Weapons seem pretty balanced for the first time in forever.

Reactions: tacogeoff

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
The CW lobbies do seem pretty sweaty since S3 started. Seems common with new seasons but I also think at this point in CW's life there are just less casual players playing.

I have stopped using the Krig full time and using the Fara and having fun with it. That new Strafe Run scorestreak is pretty nice. Maybe too nice.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
I dunno, I haven't been playing much of multiplayer since the midway point of Season 2. Don't get me wrong, I *love* Yamantau, it's an absolute riot on Domination (and without question one of the best Domination maps in the game) but something about the multiplayer isn't getting at me now.

The CW lobbies do seem pretty sweaty since S3 started. Seems common with new seasons but I also think at this point in CW's life there are just less casual players playing.

And this is probably why, tbh. Sure, there's the odd free weekend that pumps the numbers a bit, but it's also not helped by the fact that SBMM is such a massive boomerang effect that it actively punishes you for having even one good game, or more often then not, a good stretch of games. I really do believe that the hatred of SBMM since MW19 would be reduced significantly if it didn't feel like having one good game, or a stretch, automatically put you in CDL qualifier lobbies. If it was gradual, like every other multiplayer FPS, then most people would be able to live with it. You'd still get those bitching and moaning about the idea of SBMM in general in a COD game, but I'd be able to accept it because then it makes sense.

Thankfully, Zombies is without question the best aspect of Cold War, and with Outbreak (and the likely adding of the easter egg at the mid point of Season 3) it's certainly looking bright for Treyarch games in the future. It sucks that the Berlin map is delayed to the start of Season 4, but I have a feeling it's because of COVID related problems that most development teams are facing at the moment, so I can't fault them for being safe with it.

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
I don’t know... Maybe it’s just the gun. I think I’m using the Ppsh or something like that. Have a 1.2 all other guns are 1.6-1.7 or higher.

Takuto Maruki

Ideal and the real
Dec 13, 2016
Brandon, Manitoba
I don’t know... Maybe it’s just the gun. I think I’m using the Ppsh or something like that. Have a 1.2 all other guns are 1.6-1.7 or higher.

I think I might screw around with XclusiveAce's classes for the PPSh when I get it fully maxed out, see how it goes. His hipfire class might work well with hit and run tactics.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad