Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War

JaegerDice

The mark of my dignity shall scar thy DNA
Dec 26, 2014
I always liked the way Halo 2 and Halo 3 did it.

Ranked lobbies have SBMM, Social lobbies don't.

I personally always prefer SBMM, cause I want close, back-and-forth matches. I don't find curb-stomping teams any more fun than being curb-stomped.

TJ21

SURVIVED JIMBOCALYPSE - 12/5/2021
Oct 3, 2012
Vancouver
What a fantastic way to reveal the game, blending Warzone into the mix. That was awesome. Can't wait for this game

Gardner McKay

RIP, Jimmy.
Jun 27, 2007
SoutheastOfDisorder
Why fix what isn’t broken? They tried new ideas with the advanced movement games and they sucked BAD.
He complains every year. Not kidding.

I've read that dead silence won't be back in the game. Although that was a while back, if that is true and SBMM exists, I will not buy for the first time ever. Those two changes to MW are things that I abhor.

Other than that, everything else I have seen so far looks good.

World of Ice

The reveal trailer was pretty cool. According to Charlie Intel, based on a rumor, dead silence will be a perk. I consider dead silence to be a crutch perk for me at least. I think that's part of the reason people didn't move around too much in Modern Doorfare since footsteps were so damn loud. Not sure if I'll preorder it or not.

WingsMJN2965

Oct 13, 2017
A first person shooter based on a war literally named for to its lack of actual combat.

... In case you needed any more evidence that we've run out of ideas.

Reactions: JaegerDice

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Visually impressive, creatively bankrupt. About what I expected.

There is a STRONG wave of 80s nostalgia running through media right now. The soundtrack might be fun, at the very least.

He complains every year. Not kidding.

I've read that dead silence won't be back in the game. Although that was a while back, if that is true and SBMM exists, I will not buy for the first time ever. Those two changes to MW are things that I abhor.

Other than that, everything else I have seen so far looks good.

I've been complaining since the series started spinning its wheels and relying on a mix of nostalgia and regurgitated ideas to drum up sales.

They botched Advanced Movement (well, at least in comparison to TitanFall and other high-mobility games), and basically curled up into a ball instead of saying, 'ok, that didn't work, short of trying again to get that idea right, what else can we do to evolve this decades old formula while FPS design accelerates past us'.

I just want COD to be exciting again. Stop turning this series into EA sports annual updates, and offering nothing I can't already experience by popping in a game I bought in 2007 or 2010.

I'll also never understand why dedicated players would want fewer tight, exciting, back-and-forth matches, but whatever. Seems to be a common complaint. I want an SBMM playlist for the good modes like Cyber Attack, Search and Destroy, Headquarters and Hard Point.

Last edited:

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
I'll also never understand why dedicated players would want fewer tight, exciting, back-and-forth matches, but whatever. Seems to be a common complaint. I want an SBMM playlist for the good modes like Cyber Attack, Search and Destroy, Headquarters and Hard Point.

It should exist as a Club/Clan/Squad/whatever ranking and playlist. Other than that SBMM doesn't fit well with COD's original matchmaking system which IMO, was different from Halo's but perfect in its own way.

chicagoskycam

Land of #1 Overall Picks
Nov 19, 2009
Fulton Market, Chicago
chicagoskycam.com
I really like the trailer with all the cold war stuff, Regan. Is there Zombies in this because the last instalment kind of sucked, there was way too much going on. Also, the maps sucked.

I think they need a BR but they could just keep adding to warzone and keep it a separate free to play game.

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House
Will run at 4k 120hz on next gen. That is huge!!!
Call of Duty: Black Ops — Cold War arrives with cross-generation, cross-platform play on November 13
"With next-generation consoles, the game will play at 4K resolution and refresh rates at 120hz. "

Being the asshole that I am, I go to friends parties and laugh at their constant complains about COD games and more recently, the cross-play. I have not a heard a single positive comment about crossplay on the COD side. Personally I have experience from WOT, which added crossplay recently and it's been terrible. PS players are universally hated by Xbox players.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Being the asshole that I am, I go to friends parties and laugh at their constant complains about COD games and more recently, the cross-play. I have not a heard a single positive comment about crossplay on the COD side. Personally I have experience from WOT, which added crossplay recently and it's been terrible. PS players are universally hated by Xbox players.

Why?

Jussi

Feb 28, 2002
Mojo Dojo Casa House

They don't play smart. Lemming training and camping at spawn, war too offensive, complete lack of knowledge of choke points in maps. There are way more roll over wins both ways now than before crossplay. Funny thing though. This is more frequent on the European server. Far more Xbox players on the NA server.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
Please Treyarch save us

Get rid of SBMM and a new f***ing lobby every game. Stop catering to the shitty players with huge campy maps and a fast ttk. Wish we could go back to the good old days of being able to pub stomp and then hop into a competitive game in league play. B02 really will never be beaten huh.

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Please Treyarch save us

Get rid of SBMM and a new f***ing lobby every game. Stop catering to the shitty players with huge campy maps and a fast ttk. Wish we could go back to the good old days of being able to pub stomp and then hop into a competitive game in league play. B02 really will never be beaten huh.

Black Ops 1 was easily the best. AINEC.

JaegerDice

Dec 26, 2014
Best Black Ops. The best best is MW2

I prefer the campaign in COD4 to MW2, both in terms of narrative and encounter design.

I dont feel the weapons and killstreaks were as well balanced in the MP either. They very much went with a ‘more and bigger’ approach, and half-way through every match the sky was so full of crap it was ridiculous.

I did absolutely ADORE Spec Ops in MW2 though. One of my favorite experiences in any COD.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
I would throw my hat into BO1 being the best imo. Solid balance, mostly solid maps that offered a variety of styles.

BO2 wasn't bad but i feel like it went overkill with all the loadout customization.

Reactions: 542365

2018-19 Cup Champs!
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2012
BO1 was definitely my favorite CoD. It came out at the perfect time for me too, my freshman year of college. Probably helped contribute to my shitty grades freshman year :laugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->