Call it now: playoffs or no?

Playoffs? Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
It’s really concerning that 94 people think this team is actually going to make the playoffs.

Bad start = impossible to make playoffs. See 2017 - 2018 season.

Bad defense = impossible to have sustained winning/multiple winning streaks.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We have played 38 games with below average goaltending. Not slightly, not a little bit, it is a dramtic difference in NHL terms.

Yet, the team is STILL 2 games over .500 in SPITE of very bad goaltending.

I am willing to bed our goaltending does improve...enough to get over a .900 SV% at the very least. Our GAA likely doesnt improve that much though, but we will see. I am not going to say if, but when our SV% improves, Ill wager the team makes it interesting.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
My heart says yes, my head says no.

The goaltending would have to go from bad -> average -> good -> great for it to happen. Lou looks done and Reims maybe can do it since goes on a tear sometimes but... yeah.

And of course rest of the team would still have to pick it up.

Basically needs a similar miracle run like last year.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
As a STH, not making the playoffs has one benefit: won’t need to spend money on playoff tickets.

Reactions: PSLguy

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
According to sportsclubstats.com, we need to have a 25-13-5 record the rest of the way just to have a coin flip shot at getting in (58.8%)...it's a pipe dream at this point.

We would need to go on a Tampa Bay like run, which based on our upcoming schedule is next to impossible.

Tranq

Dec 13, 2008
I want them to trade players before just firing coach. If Tallon, doesnt get a goaltender and another top 4 defensemen then he can go

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think kiselevich returns next year as a bottom pairing guy, or will he be replaced?

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I want them to trade players before just firing coach. If Tallon, doesnt get a goaltender and another top 4 defensemen then he can go

Dale isn't going to trade anyone important, at least to him, since that would mean that his plan for this season has failed magnificently. Viola has to get rid off Dale first before making any moves concerning the next season can be done. If there's still a committee run by Viola then getting rid off Dale is just a nuance and McCabe is ready to jump onto the GM's chair.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad