• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vilam

#Catlantic
Feb 8, 2012
San Francisco
I cant allow it man. I'll be the bad sheep. That's too much positivity

Still 98.4% even with your dissent. I like those odds :D

Feels good to see a lot of people feeling positive. I'm definitely a believer in them getting there this year. The push to end the last season really got me on board.

Gentle Man

09/12
Nov 15, 2011
Ontario, CA
We’re making the playoffs.

Puma will be our first sacrifice to the hockey gods if our season starts to go south ;)

KindlyDisfiguredDrake-size_restricted.gif

SoupyFIN

#OneTerritory
Nov 7, 2011
I don't like this. 2013 there was some hype after winning the division-worst team in the league
Was there really? From what I recall most of us agreed already during the run to the playoffs, that it's probably a '96 type of miracle run (could've easily made it past the 1st round, half the team was playing on one foot or arm by game 7) than a sign of things to come. And the majority of the board wanted us to tank during the lockout year because the pain was shorter lol.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Was there really? From what I recall most of us agreed already during the run to the playoffs, that it's probably a '96 type of miracle run (could've easily made it past the 1st round, half the team was playing on one foot or arm by game 7) than a sign of things to come. And the majority of the board wanted us to tank during the lockout year because the pain was shorter lol.
There was hype after we demolished (Carolina???) game 1. I thought the '12 team overachieved greatly but I didnt think they would be one of the worst teams in the league. But Theo and Clemmer both got hurt and RIP.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
A leafs fan coming and voting on our playoff chances is almost as bad as us voting on our playoff chances.

I wish I could discredit you @Hogan86 , but you might be the only one thinking clearly.

Hogan86

Jun 21, 2016
A leafs fan coming and voting on our playoff chances is almost as bad as us voting on our playoff chances.

I wish I could discredit you @Hogan86 , but you might be the only one thinking clearly.
Hey, you guys brought it to the main board, so I came here to check out what Panthers fans thought. I have nothing against the Panthers, and I think you guys have the most under rated forward group in the league. Throwing in Hoffman with Trochek, Huberdeau and Barkov is incredible. Your Achilles heel will be goaltending health. And I feel like that will be what causes the cats to just miss out on the playoffs. If I were to pick today who will make the playoffs in the East it would be: Bruins, Lightning, Leafs, Jackets, Caps, Pens, Flyers. That leaves one open spot for the Panthers, Canes and Devils to fight over. Maybe even the Rangers. It'll be a tight race to the finish.

Reactions: I am not exposed

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Hey, you guys brought it to the main board, so I came here to check out what Panthers fans thought. I have nothing against the Panthers, and I think you guys have the most under rated forward group in the league. Throwing in Hoffman with Trochek, Huberdeau and Barkov is incredible. Your Achilles heel will be goaltending health. And I feel like that will be what causes the cats to just miss out on the playoffs. If I were to pick today who will make the playoffs in the East it would be: Bruins, Lightning, Leafs, Jackets, Caps, Pens, Flyers. That leaves one open spot for the Panthers, Canes and Devils to fight over. Maybe even the Rangers. It'll be a tight race to the finish.
See? Level headed enough to put health* next to what's listed as the goaltending concern.

Though, that's not what would keep us out as Sateri proved last year...lack of chemistry is the only problem this team may have as far as I see it. We have the individuals in depth, esp. in net, that much I'm convinced of...

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Bovada points odds are out, they also have Florida in:

East:

1. Tampa-107.5
2. Toronto-106.5
3. Pittsburgh-103.5
4. Boston-102.5
5. Philly-98.5
5. Caps-98.5
7. Columbus-97.5
8. Florida-94.5

9. New Jersey-91.5
10. Carolina-84.5
11. Islanders-83.5
12. Canadiens-80.5
13. Sabres-79.5
14. Rangers-75.5
14. Red Wings-75.5
16. Senators-71.5

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Bovada points odds are out, they also have Florida in:

East:

1. Tampa-107.5
2. Toronto-106.5
3. Pittsburgh-103.5
4. Boston-102.5
5. Philly-98.5
5. Caps-98.5
7. Columbus-97.5
8. Florida-94.5

9. New Jersey-91.5
10. Carolina-84.5
11. Islanders-83.5
12. Canadiens-80.5
13. Sabres-79.5
14. Rangers-75.5
14. Red Wings-75.5
16. Senators-71.5

As we should, we are better than those teams from 9 to 16. A tad surprised they have PHI above WSH, CBJ and us. Feel those 3 teams are better overall than PHI.

Desert Panther

Resident Lurker
Jun 23, 2002
Frisco, TX
Visit site
I don't have anything to back this up other than a gut feel, but I also can't help but think CBJ is a "paper tiger". After Panarin and Jones, their talent level drops off precipitously. Add the drama Panarin has associated with him right now and I'm just not sold on them

I am not exposed

Mar 16, 2014
Vancouver
I don't have anything to back this up other than a gut feel, but I also can't help but think CBJ is a "paper tiger". After Panarin and Jones, their talent level drops off precipitously. Add the drama Panarin has associated with him right now and I'm just not sold on them

Works for me!

Panarin on the Panthers should also cement our position! :)

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
We have the talent, no doubt. But until this cursed franchise proves me wrong, I'm not gonna proclaim them a lock for the playoffs. I've been burnt by this franchise too many times over the years, so I've learned to cope by unburdening myself of any optimism or expectations. That and copious amounts of booze.

Ryuji Yamazaki

Do yuu undastahn!?
Jul 22, 2015
There is a second NO vote from a Wings fan. Poor dude, times are tough in the motor city. I can empathize, I really can.

I almost feel bad for them, but not really. The Red Wings are gonna be stuck in brloe mediocrity for a long time.

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
Well in looking at travel plans to see some away games, im willing to bet a small amount of cash that there aren't 5 teams of the 31 that have a more spread out funked up schedule than we do. Time changes, making up for...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad