Call it now: playoffs or no?

Playoffs? Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Not asking about winning a round, just getting in. HF polls have Florida in 8th, Vegas has Florida in 8th, and I have them there too. New Jersey did nothing, signed 0 players to 1 way deals, and will be relying on Hall to repeat. Florida added arguably the best UFA wing (depending on how much you like JVR or Skinner) bumped Pysyk off the 2nd pair and lost no one. Carolina shot themselves in the foot. No one else is really close.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I voted yes. Top two lines match up, IMO, with any two lines in the league. Only concern I have is goaltending, need them to have a solid season.

Need to put it together for a full season, from game one on.

Sticksandsun

Mar 11, 2015
New Jersey was one of the flukiest playoff appearances of all time and they have had a horrible off-season. I voted yes just based off process of elimination as there are no other teams competing for spots. Now the question is does simply making it buy more rope for Tallon.

I could not even tell you who the 9th place team could be. There is such a big drop off after 8th.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I hesitated, looked for a 40-goal scorer in the lineup, didn’t find a sure fire guy, but flipped the coin and got “playoffs”.

No, actually, I know the 40 goal scorer meme is just a distraction. I looked at how the team gelled end of last season and realized that playoffs are a high probability where the biggest factor against them is health, especially health of Luongo, and then not having more than 2 of their top 7 or so out at the same time.

MintyFresh88

Oct 26, 2007
Ontario
We ended up with 96 points after a horrendous first few months last season. You can easily argue the team improved on paper by adding Hoffman and the Kiselevich. I don't like using the argument about young guys being a year older and more experienced, but there's no reason this team shouldn't find some consistency between the first and second half of last season and put together a 95+ point season. Goaltending is going to be the primary thing to keep an eye on IMO. I really like that we have Hutchinson as a #3 because it's more likely than not we'll need to play him for at least a handful of games at some point.

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
Should be a lock.

Adding Hoffman was needed but stability was the key this off-season. It's finally back again thanks to Tallon.

I think they'll win a round in the playoffs and can go even further depending on goaltending.

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
We were a much better offensive team in the 2nd half of the last season, as was our defense and goaltending. There really is no reason for this team to start off slow again. There was very little turnover, they are familiar with what Boughner is doing/wanting, and they are building off an exciting, albeit disappointing, end to last season. Kiselevich will hopefully help us out defensively, and Hoffman will be a huge upgrade for us on wing, and should improve our PP. I think we will score just fine, we just need to stay relatively healthy, and get a .915-.920 save% total from our goalies. If that happens, I think we will be battling for one of the top three spots in the division.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
When the poll's 33-0

z9gqMMw.gif

Reactions: IM Clutcm

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
health is the only variable. if no significant injuries, its a near certainty we take a wildcard but I can't see that kind of luck 2 seasons in a row. I think some important guys go down and we barely scrape a WC at the finish line or just miss it again. zero % chance of winning a playoff series with this roster healthy or not.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
There are many times when the majority gets it all wrong but 44-0 can’t be one of those times!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->