Call it now: playoffs or no?

Playoffs? Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Acadmus

pastured mod
Jul 22, 2003
Vermont
I'm going on a limb and saying yes, and it won't be 8th. If they make it at all it will be because the team continues playing like they did down the stretch, during which they were one of the top 3 teams in the league. Even suggesting conservatively they wouldn't be able to keep it up for a full season, I'll say they make the playoffs in 6th place, or finish in 10th and miss them altogether.

Reactions: CHGoalie27

JP Mick

Sep 24, 2008
Homestead, FL
We have the talent, no doubt. But until this cursed franchise proves me wrong, I'm not gonna proclaim them a lock for the playoffs. I've been burnt by this franchise too many times over the years, so I've learned to cope by unburdening myself of any optimism or expectations. That and copious amounts of booze.
I actually can't argue with this at all and completely understand. I hope this upcoming season can prove a lot of doubters wrong.

MPGA

Make the Panthers Great Again
Nov 25, 2013
We have the talent, no doubt. But until this cursed franchise proves me wrong, I'm not gonna proclaim them a lock for the playoffs. I've been burnt by this franchise too many times over the years, so I've learned to cope by unburdening myself of any optimism or expectations. That and copious amounts of booze.

f*** it, I'll quote myself and bump this thread. I don't care. f*** my dad for putting on the 96 Stanley Cup in our living room and f*** me for being a loyal fan of this shit heap franchise for 20+ years.

KW

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 21, 2006
I said yes before the season but everyone knew it was a joke.

StrangeVision

Wear a mask.
Apr 1, 2007
I knew better than to say yes. [mod] This club cannot get out of it's own way. Embarrassing.

Ehh...I'm calling bullshit on that one. No one knew the goalies would crap out the way they have. Give this team a goalie who could make saves from day one and I'd like to see where this team would be.

Whoever you people are talking to (they're on my ignore list) is likely not right about much.

Last edited by a moderator:

pantherbot

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 7, 2006
Hate to say it, but season is done. We would need to play .650 hockey to get in... That's not happening. We also won't have any tie breaker as all teams ahead of us have more wins.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Every time we expect playoffs, we don't get playoffs.

Really can't see this happening unless something major happens very soon, i.e. trade.

Can't expect to have an amazing second half again.

Haj

#CatsAreComing
Apr 6, 2003
Arlington, VA
If we don't make the playoffs his year its because of two reasons:

1. Bad coaching staff
- Bad offsensive system - doesn't focus on puck possesion, generates shots from point instead of shots
after royal road passes
- Bad defensive system
- Makes terrible lineup decsions (Brouwer on 2nd line, Matheson+Petrovic, play Luongo too many games in a row, plays Micheal Haley).
- Lost Mamin due to playing Haley, Brouwer
- Top players get run into ground, due to lack of depth
- A

2. Bad roster construction
- Reliance on Luongo, who is old...Reimer, who is inconsistent
- Bad talent evaluation on Hutchinson
- Not finding a non-Yandle partner for Ekblad

3. Players that have taken a step back: Matheson, Trocheck, Malgin, Bjugstad, Petrovic

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
Defense: Stinks
Offense: Alright
Goalie: Luongo Healthy increases our chances at winning, Luongo not healthy we lose considering our backup is a waste.

Coaching: Irrelevant

GM: inept bum that doesn’t know how to build a team over a 10 year stretch.

They finish 1-3 spots out of the 8th seed. Yet again get a draft pick anywhere from 8th-14th. Same losing culture with no changes or sign of hope for the future of this club. It’s too bad they can’t just move them to Seattle or anywhere but Sunrise.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008
Defense: Stinks
Offense: Alright
Goalie: Luongo Healthy increases our chances at winning, Luongo not healthy we lose considering our backup is a waste.

Coaching: Irrelevant

GM: inept bum that doesn’t know how to build a team over a 10 year stretch.

They finish 1-3 spots out of the 8th seed. Yet again get a draft pick anywhere from 8th-14th. Same losing culture with no changes or sign of hope for the future of this club. It’s too bad they can’t just move them to Seattle or anywhere but Sunrise.
bold prediction halfway through the season

23YearsandCounting

Oct 11, 2018
bold prediction halfway through the season

That’s my prediction every season before it even begins buddy. Guess who’s always right?! This guyyyyyy. Unfortunately I’m the only one here that realizes this losing culture or mediocrity is never going to change. Unless you can give me a few signs that it’s changing?! I’d love to hear them!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad