Call it now: playoffs or no?

Playoffs? Playoffs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
zero % chance of winning a playoff series with this roster healthy or not.

giphy.gif

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
You heard it guys...zero % chance we win a playoff series even if we get in. No point in even playing this season. Dont waste your money on tickets. Just go about your business. Hopefully Hughes turns out to be that 40 goal scorer we so desperately need, when we draft him 1st overall next summer :biglaugh: :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ

What do you mean whats wrong withchu? He has given us such detailed information as to why this team is so mediocre, and how we have zero chance to win a playoff series. Its really hard to argue against the countless amount of facts and statistics that prove him right, and all us just a bunch of homers.

Reactions: Kellyr

CHGoalie27

Don't blame the goalie!
Oct 5, 2009
SoFLA
I voted yes. Top two lines match up, IMO, with any two lines in the league. Only concern I have is goaltending, need them to have a solid season.

Need to put it together for a full season, from game one on.
My man, your only concern is my least! We have a stockpile of capability. I'm confident in our 5th string, no shit!

Besides, goaltending has rarely been the problem in this team's short history...

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
What do you mean whats wrong withchu? He has given us such detailed information as to why this team is so mediocre, and how we have zero chance to win a playoff series. Its really hard to argue against the countless amount of facts and statistics that prove him right, and all us just a bunch of homers.
...yes. exactly.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
They absolutely should.

I can't find a reason why they couldn't beat the Devils out of a playoffs spot.

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
I have never seen this place so united. A perfect 50-0. Even posters I haven't seen in years like @Thunderheart and @Rockaway Rob are all in.

qYBbMkP.png

88T4QPh.png

Screenshots so we can laugh at ourselves when they come 14th :laugh:
i know ur kidding about 14th but they definitely wont come anything other than 7th-9th. that's pretty much their only possible slots. ill take 66.6% chance at playoffs. but I'd rather have a shot at the cup. bring this man a panarin.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
i know ur kidding about 14th but they definitely wont come anything other than 7th-9th. that's pretty much their only possible slots. ill take 66.6% chance at playoffs. but I'd rather have a shot at the cup. bring this man a panarin.
Na, 6th-8th. I'm convinced at this point it's a lock. We'll see what happens. I would love a Tampa matchup.

Playoff display picture theme is 100% Hoffman related this year too.

letsgrowcactus

Jan 21, 2017
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/does-florida-make-the-playoffs-in-2019.2530885/

Overwhelming consensus on the mainboard too.

I don't like this. 2013 there was some hype after winning the division-worst team in the league

2016 hype-enough said.
Have we ever iced a better roster than this, though?
We have a young legit top 6, this time with no aging Jagr and broken Jokinen. We have the same coach and same roster as last year except for the addition of Hoffman, Kiselevich and Hutchinson; no off-ice controversy. We have quality depth we didn't have in 2016 - eight NHL defencemen and plenty of forwards. The only real concern is Luongo declining/getting hurt, but that's why we have Reimer and Hutchinson as a n.3.

I mean, obviously you never know. 2016/17, we didn't know Huberdeau would cut his tendon, we'd have multiple injuries, Gallant would be fired and let's not talk about the Rowe coaching disaster. And sure, even this year it can go wrong: maybe Barkov and Luongo both get hurt for an extended period of time, Hoffman is a problem, Ekblad gets concussed, Bjugstad breaks down... Nothing's ever certain. Heck, Tampa missed in 2016/17 and they've been considered a Stanley Cup favorite for a few years now.

So yeah, it's possible we miss. We should make it.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Jakeybonz

Jan 1, 2018
https://hfboards.mandatory.com/threads/does-florida-make-the-playoffs-in-2019.2530885/

Overwhelming consensus on the mainboard too.

I don't like this. 2013 there was some hype after winning the division-worst team in the league

2016 hype-enough said.
there shouldnt have been any 2016 hype. i called us missing the playoffs b4 the season started. it just wasnt a playoff roster. i took the familiar shit for that obviously. and was correct. obviously.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad