GDT: Calgary Flames vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/23/18 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How much of that a visual thing? Price crouching lower than ever and seems more concerned with the lower net. I also see him lunging forward something that was never in his game before. Niemi is playing the quieter game allowing pucks to hit him and standing firm.
Price just does not look in control, looks shaky

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
He has to be a difference maker out there, so far he was just not bad... Far from a difference maker.

He's been doing that for the past 10 years!! We can't expect him to be godlike forever. He's been asked to be a difference maker his whole career because of how shitty the team was built. The first pairing is Benn-Petry from Christ sake. He doesn't need to be a difference maker, he needs to be damn invincible.

He might not be what he was anymore but he's still pretty damn good and still one of the best.

People having more faith in Niemi than him is absurd as hell. Niemi is at best a backup, Price is MUCH better. Poeple were saying the very same thing when Halak was here and yet, Price is still the better goalie.

He will never live up to his contract, that doesn't mean he's bad.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Price has not been the reason this team has lost any games, and while that might not seem like enough for a contract as big as his, the bottom line is he is not costing us (The Ottawa game is on the team, they completely caved) right now.

More reps for him and a stronger blueline when Weber returns amd he'll be in form soon enough. Niemi is a strong backup but let's not be silly, Price is the guy.

Reactions: Habs Icing and Seb

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
He's been doing that for the past 10 years!! We can't expect him to be godlike forever. He's been asked to be a difference maker his whole career because of how ****ty the team was built. The first pairing is Benn-Petry from Christ sake. He doesn't need to be a difference maker, he needs to be damn invincible.

He might not be what he was anymore but he's still pretty damn good and still one of the best.

People having more faith in Niemi than him is absurd as hell. Niemi is at best a backup, Price is MUCH better. Poeple were saying the very same thing when Halak was here and yet, Price is still the better goalie.

He will never live up to his contract, that doesn't mean he's bad.

Please... I don't even remember when was the last time he actually made the difference...

With that salary tag, he should be saving this team's bacon night after night!

Again, just being decent doesn't cut it! He should make the difference! If he's not making the difference then what's the fricking point in paying him that salary?

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
He's 14th in GA and 23rd in Sv% of goalies who've played at least 4 games. There's a lot of starters on that list ahead of him on teams that have been worse defensively than the Habs thus far.

Good old what have you done for me lately. Anze Kopitar sits at 2 pts, Max Pacioretty at 1. Does that make Charles Hudon a better player than both because he has 3? Let's be serious here... I take Price over most of the goalies out there 10 times out of 10.

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
Please... I don't even remember when was the last time he actually made the difference...

Again, just being decent doesn't cut it! He should make the difference! If he's not making the difference then what's the fricking point in paying him that salary?

:clap:

Seb

Jul 15, 2006

I don't think you read a single word of my post you quoted. If you read them you most definitely didn't understand the words and their meaning.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Good old what have you done for me lately. Anze Kopitar sits at 2 pts, Max Pacioretty at 1. Does that make Charles Hudon a better player than both because he has 3? Let's be serious here... I take Price over most of the goalies out there 10 times out of 10.
Well... Hudon has a much higher production rate than Pacioretty if you compare his career with Pacioretty's recent games.. ;)

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
So if Mete is healthy is someone else on IR? If not aren't we scratching Plek, Hudon, Scherbek, and Alzner? I've been busy the last few says so maybe someone else got banged up and I missed it.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
I don't think you read a single word of my post you quoted. If you read them you most definitely didn't understand the words and their meaning.

Your post was a bunch of it's not his fault! Typical Price defender.

The team is not a tire fire in front of him! This narrative has to f***ing die already!

The team is playing some solid hockey since the start of the season.

There are no excuses!

He better show up tonight...

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
La was 12th in the league last year in pts. They were 2 pts shy from 100 points... Meanwhile we were 4th last.
LA is not great anymore because they missed the playoffs 2 years ago? Then I guess we are a cup contending team since we had 103 pts 2 year ago.

Not to mention its the big heavy team that we usually struggle against, and we lost our last 3 games against them.

Let's revisit this post at the end of the year. BTW 12th and a first round exit is certainly not great.

The eye test tells me they have not been playing great hockey for the past 2 years.

Last edited:
Reactions: Peanut

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

To be fair I was quoting you saying that Price IS better than most other #1s. Not that he has been.

Unfortunately for my favourite Hab he's gotta show it this year or it will get ugly.

Seb

Jul 15, 2006
Your post was a bunch of it's not his fault! Typical Price defender.

The team is not a tire fire in front of him! This narrative has to ****ing die already!

The team is playing some solid hockey since the start of the season.

There are no excuses!

He better show up tonight...

You completely missed the point of my post :facepalm:

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
You completely missed the point of my post :facepalm:
Dude! Price is our Crosby, Matthews, MacKinnon and so on!

I should be able to say to my self "Wow what a game by Price tonight!" At least 40 times per season!!!

He's f***ing supposed to carry this team! It's not an accomplishment, he's being paid to be that difference maker!

Reactions: habsgirl5000

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
I can already see people scapegoating price here and it’s puke worthy. He’s played well this year.

Good thing for the ignore button

Would other fans be scapegoating if mcdavid had a bad game, kane had a bad game, matthews had a bad game, kucherov had a bad game and some of the blame was on their shoulders? Price is that guy for us, there can't be too many off nights for him or the team won't make the playoffs

Halakitlikethat

Oct 10, 2013
British Columbia
Would other fans be scapegoating if mcdavid had a bad game, kane had a bad game, matthews had a bad game, kucherov had a bad game and some of the blame was on their shoulders? Price is that guy for us, there can't be too many off nights for him or the team won't make the playoffs
I didn’t care for the first goal against LA but other than that I don’t think he’s had a bad game this year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad