GDT: Calgary Flames vs. Montreal Canadiens 10/23/18 7:30pm EST TSN2, RDS, TSN690

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The point was not to diminish what they have done, but to look at the context for forecast what will happen, and unlike you, those 7 games have completely blinded some people.

How is it looking at the future?
I am not arguing that the habs will be a good team this year. I'm arguing against your ridiculous statement that the habs had an easy schedule so far.

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
You're both in denial. Habs are playing over their heads.
I'm not in denial about anything; I haven't claimed that we're destined for a parade or even the playoffs. The Habs MAY be playing over their heads and teams like PIT and STL are just getting going but none of this changes the fact that we outplayed both of them and beat both of them.

Trying to or not, saying that we've had an easy schedule thus far is disingenuine. Travel-wise, you MIGHT have some argument but it doesn't change the fact that even with the 2nd youngest team in the league we've outplayed beaten some top teams thus far. Heck, even the games we've lost (besides LA) we should have had a better fate.

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
I am not arguing that the habs will be a good team this year. I'm arguing against your ridiculous statement that the habs had an easy schedule so far.

How on earth can you not say it was an easy schedule? Some teams are travelling coast to coast, most nights the CH are sleeping in their beds. Look at the breaks between games, no time changes, its a piece of cake.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

It's not a ridiculous statement. It's 7 games in 20 days. 3 wins out of 4 against teams who are not playing well (not just against us). It was an easy schedule.

What is ridiculous is that you deny what is obvious.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
How on earth can you not say it was an easy schedule? Some teams are travelling coast to coast, most nights the CH are sleeping in their beds. Look at the breaks between games, no time changes, its a piece of cake.

The teams we are playing against is way bigger of a factor than in which bed the players are sleeping on.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
This team has had an easy schedule, got some wins against teams in a funk etc.. I expect them to go on a massive losing streak starting tonight. Was Paul Byron complaining about fatigue? lol, what a tool if that is true, considering the cakewalk of a schedule they have had.

Probably 5-1 Flames, Pricer with massive excuses for sucking between the pipes.

It's like I said before the season started. If this team gives management what they want/hope for on a game by game basis we will be mush by Christmas.
Gotta keep working on improving the Size/Speed/Talent quotient up front.

Last edited:

habsgirl5000

Jul 15, 2017
This team has had an easy schedule, got some wins against teams in a funk etc.. I expect them to go on a massive losing streak starting tonight. Was Paul Byron complaining about fatigue? lol, what a tool if that is true, considering the cakewalk of a schedule they have had.

Probably 5-1 Flames, Pricer with massive excuses for sucking between the pipes.

Yeah I Agree,

Tonight will be the start of a slow but steady decline back to where we belong

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You can just as easily say Montreal didn't play its A-game against LA, and certainly not against Ottawa in the 2nd and 3rd periods. In fact, most wins around the league can be blamed on the opposition not bringing their A-game; I wouldn't single out the Habs' wins as being any different or less impressive.

I'm sure their record will change in the next few weeks, but that doesn't diminish what they've done thus far.

The regular season crap shoot and quandry when evaluating teams. Who really had their A game going. :laugh:

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
The teams we are playing against is way bigger of a factor than in which bed the players are sleeping on.

No, not at all, not with this team. Small teams like Montreal will suffer when the grind comes on, they will do a road trip that will see them get destroyed physically, and they will be dreaming of the 5 days off between games. Scheduling is a huge factor in the NHL, travel beats the crap out of teams, and mentally sleeping in your own bed is a blessing for the veteran players, or guys with kids.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
We had a very easy schedule last year as well but then again, most eastern teams do.

Reactions: Zorba

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
No, not at all, not with this team. Small teams like Montreal will suffer when the grind comes on, they will do a road trip that will see them get destroyed physically, and they will be dreaming of the 5 days off between games. Scheduling is a huge factor in the NHL, travel beats the crap out of teams, and mentally sleeping in your own bed is a blessing for the veteran players, or guys with kids.

So in your opinion a 3 game road trip against Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary would be harder than a 3 game home stand against the caps, ducks and preds?

Reactions: Saundies

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
So in your opinion a 3 game road trip against Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary would be harder than a 3 game home stand against the caps, ducks and preds?

Yeah, that's a great comparison you have there. Vancouver, Edmonton , Calgary or The Stanley Cup Champs, the Preds with 1 loss, and the ducks? lol

Saundies

Fly On The Wall
Jun 8, 2012
NB, Canada
Yeah, that's a great comparison you have there. Vancouver, Edmonton , Calgary or The Stanley Cup Champs, the Preds with 1 loss, and the ducks? lol
But this is literally the argument you're trying to make here.

You just said that travel should play a huge factor into a schedule's difficulty as one of your main reasons for saying we've had it easy, yet are completely disregarding the talent of the teams we faced. That's why he's posing the question to you.

Judging by your answer, you do place a lot more value in the actual team. Just not in this case with the Habs because everything has to suck all the time apparently.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
it's half empty tho, debate me

Some say the glass is half full, others that it is half empty - I'm quite certain it is full of asparagus tainted urine, cracked so badly from abuse it has lost structural integrity, is infested with radioactive leeches who are infected with AIDS, and when inevitably smashed will release the antichrist.

Reactions: Peanut and Runner77

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I'm not in denial about anything; I haven't claimed that we're destined for a parade or even the playoffs. The Habs MAY be playing over their heads and teams like PIT and STL are just getting going but none of this changes the fact that we outplayed both of them and beat both of them.

Trying to or not, saying that we've had an easy schedule thus far is disingenuine. Travel-wise, you MIGHT have some argument but it doesn't change the fact that even with the 2nd youngest team in the league we've outplayed beaten some top teams thus far. Heck, even the games we've lost (besides LA) we should have had a better fate.
Completely agree. Wasn’t Vegas playing even more “above their heads “ last season? And look what they did.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
But this is literally the argument you're trying to make here.

You just said that travel should play a huge factor into a schedule's difficulty as one of your main reasons for saying we've had it easy, yet are completely disregarding the talent of the teams we faced. That's why he's posing the question to you.

Judging by your answer, you do place a lot more value in the actual team. Just not in this case with the Habs because everything has to suck all the time apparently.

I seriously think some of you are just nuts, and do not care to even try and understand what others are saying. Montreal is a team playing over their head, because the schedule has been kind. That is my statement. Talk to me when the team has played some road trips against good teams, and the season has worn on a bit, then see where we are at. Talk to me when they have left EST and actually had to lose a few hours of sleep, and when the little smurfs have had to go through Nashville, Philly and Winnipeg, then lets see how the injuries are adding up, and how you'll hear the players wishing for a 3 day break to heal up a bit. The schedule can be an amazing thing in pro sports, its a reason Burke wanted to eliminate the East/West regular season games years ago. Travel, wear and tear, human emotions from being away from your family for extended periods. Its a reason some vets won't sign in the west, they get screwed with travel and they want to be at home more.

Teams in the East are going to adjust to Montreal's speed, and focus on the lack of skill and size very soon and I don't think it will be pretty.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Some say the glass is half full, others that it is half empty - I'm quite certain it is full of asparagus tainted urine, cracked so badly from abuse it has lost structural integrity, is infested with radioactive leeches who are infected with AIDS, and when inevitably smashed will release the antichrist.

it's half empty tho, we agree right?

Reactions: groovejuice

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Looking forward to this game. Notably Tkachuk, Gaudreau and Lindholm on CGY and Domi, Reilly and Kotka on ours.

I want to see Kotka get open tonight. That's a basic thing I want to see for a guy to stay up.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad