Calgary Flames coach Darryl Sutter denies abuse allegations from 2019

Snakepit

Nov 19, 2013
I don't know anything about this current situation but Carcillo does have a rep for making crap up just to pick fights online.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
Carcillo doesn’t seem to understand that people just don’t believe him. He’s not believable. The guy was a piece of shit that wore a swastika under his uniform, and we are meant to give a shit what he has to say about anything because what, he’s reformed now?

Go. Away. Moron.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I do not get the attitude of some people that hates accusations being made.

The nhl has been full of people treating concussions terribly but to call that out is apparently only okay if you weren't about of that problem?

Reactions: Prairie Habs

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
I do not get the attitude of some people that hates accusations being made.

The nhl has been full of people treating concussions terribly but to call that out is apparently only okay if you weren't about of that problem?
The guy making the accusations has zero credibility and is an attention whore.
He himself has been accused of way worse actions than what he alleges Sutter ever did. Its quite laughable that he would point a finger at Sutter and say he was a bad man. The guy has issues and has had those issues for most, if not all, of his adult life.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
I just keep laughing at the kick thing. I remember being kicked a few times as a good job pat on the back after scoring a goal in pee wee hockey.

Unless he is lining up like it's a fg kick to injure a guy, what is the problem with a kick?

Devils090

Feb 16, 2014
You argued there is some mob going out and ruining lives through cancellation. Sorry, I do not believe that is the case, and instead what we have is standard accusations being levied and the internet providing a ton of outlets to discuss those things, leading to things getting viral and becoming front and center very quickly.

Do you think Carcillo is part of this mob? Or the mob enticed him to make these accusations? Where does the mob fit in?

do you not know what Twitter is?

BurnabyJoe7

Derek Ryan is a top 6 forward change my mind
Apr 12, 2019
I don't know if you can have less credibility than a dude with a swastika tattoo and who called biz the n word on several occasions. Those accusations are pretty mild too, what a f***ing loser.

Reactions: thaman8765678

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Last time I looked the bogeyman didn't cause you to lose your job.

Seems like almost anything can cost someone their job nowadays with the cancel culture crowd.

If the players in question had a problem with it, then can speak up but it's not Carcillo's right to bring up old stuff from the past that is not directly related to him. Plus, he has a history of attention-seeking behavior and he just seems to be an unpleasant person. I'm just sick of people looking into the past and trying to find reasons to punish people they don't personally like.

Reactions: Mitts

Evergreen

Carcillo realized he can't hurt and bully people on the ice so he pivoted to doing it by crying victim and trying to cancel someone once a week.

It's like he can't figure out how to be a redeemable human being
The funny thing is that Carcillo tries to cancel people for things that happened years ago, but somehow he is entitled to be forgiven for the horrid stuff he pulled as a player and he now views himself as some authority on morality.

Reactions: thaman8765678

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Hilarious to see all the culture warriors rallying against "cancel culture". How dare someone be held accountable for what they've done!?! If there's one thing we know about the relationship between players and coaches, its that accountability plays no part in it.

The lack of self awareness for people shrieking about the "mob" that is trying to "cancel" people, yet will band together try to silence any voice the brings any sort of accusation against someone they like is almost poetic. This is the exact reason victims (of all kinds) so rarely come forward.

Laus723

Paradise hockey
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
Hilarious to see all the culture warriors rallying against "cancel culture". How dare someone be held accountable for what they've done!?! If there's one thing we know about the relationship between players and coaches, its that accountability plays no part in it.

The lack of self awareness for people shrieking about the "mob" that is trying to "cancel" people, yet will band together try to silence any voice the brings any sort of accusation against someone they like is almost poetic. This is the exact reason victims (of all kinds) so rarely come forward.

lmao, what a bunch of crap. The “cancel culture” clowns care little about facts and are often nothing more than a lynch mob. There’s a problem when you get blasted for questioning the legitimacy of the claims.

or, go head and defend Carcillo, lol. Guy blocked me on Twitter because I questioned one of his claims.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011

I think most coaches have done way worse than kick a player in the back on the bench and tell a player to leave the room.

It was also a different world back when Sutter was coaching in the early 2000s. I had many teachers say and do things that if they said now would have them cancelled for life.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I just keep laughing at the kick thing. I remember being kicked a few times as a good job pat on the back after scoring a goal in pee wee hockey.

Unless he is lining up like it's a fg kick to injure a guy, what is the problem with a kick?

I had a coach who would kick me all the time in juniors. He kicked me when I missed my cue to jump on the ice, the kick was a good reminder. He kicked me when I wasnt paying attention when I should've been. He kicked me to have a word with me. There's not a lot of room on the bench, you feel the kicks but you likely won't hurt someone by kicking then. The kicks that occur behind the bench are all attention based, you feel then but the don't hurt. Pretty much the same as when the coaches tap your head with their clipboard or shrug/push your shoulder just at a different angle.

I agree. The kick part was always hilarious to me.

Mickey Marner

Jul 9, 2014
Dystopia
Maybe he did, but I doubt it was much harder than athletes slap each other on the butt. I mean, even if you wanted to, you're not going to wind up and soccer-kick a player infront of 18k fans and a television camera that could be on you.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
I think most coaches have done way worse than kick a player in the back on the bench and tell a player to leave the room.

It was also a different world back when Sutter was coaching in the early 2000s. I had many teachers say and do things that if they said now would have them cancelled for life.

...and don't you think it would be better if teachers who abused students weren't able to teach anymore?

AvroArrow

Fire Keefe
Jun 10, 2011
Toronto
I've lost all hope for mankind. I miss the days where only abuse was referred to as "abuse", nowadays you hurt someones feelings and they called it abuse. Most of us got disciplined far harsher by our parents when we were younger.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
lmao, what a bunch of crap. The “cancel culture” clowns care little about facts and are often nothing more than a lynch mob. There’s a problem when you get blasted for questioning the legitimacy of the claims.

or, go head and defend Carcillo, lol. Guy blocked me on Twitter because I questioned one of his claims.

If you want to see a lynch mob, reread the thread thus far and see how people are talking about Carcillo.

People should be (and are) allowed to question the legitimacy of claims (again look at this thread, how many people in it have been "canceled"?). What's a much bigger problem is when people aren't able to bring claims of abuse forward in the first place.

Reactions: PULSATING

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
...and don't you think it would be better if teachers who abused students weren't able to teach anymore?
Not abuse per say, more things that you can't say now that you could say back then.

It was a different world, anyone who grew up in school in the 90s and early 2000s would understand.

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Not abuse per say, more things that you can't say now that you could say back then.

It was a different world, anyone who grew up in school in the 90s and early 2000s would understand.

I was born in 1991, please regale me with tales of what was perfectly acceptable back then but would "cancel" someone unfairly now.

Reactions: ClydeLee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad