Calgary Flames coach Darryl Sutter denies abuse allegations from 2019

MikeK

Nov 10, 2008
Earth
Obviously none of us will ever know who is telling the truth but no way would I ever believe anything Carcillo says. Especially over Sutter. Two very opposite ends of the spectrum.

Reactions: Laus723

moog35

Jul 25, 2007
Even if true those accusations aren’t even bad. Nothing to see here

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
I f***ing hate cancel culture. Nowadays it seems that people all over get their kicks from ruining people's lives. Yes, some out there legitimately deserve to have their lives ruined (Harvey Weinstein for example) but otherwise this whole "cancel this person, cancel this, cancel that" is just grossly toxic.

Hank Plank

Jun 5, 2012
Alberta
I f***ing hate cancel culture. Nowadays it seems that people all over get their kicks from ruining people's lives. Yes, some out there legitimately deserve to have their lives ruined (Harvey Weinstein for example) but otherwise this whole "cancel this person, cancel this, cancel that" is just grossly toxic.
One silver linings is the cancel Karen's are starting to cancel each other.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Hate the Flames, but Carcillo is dumb. Trying to cancel Sutter is so far beyond stupid.

As I said before in the hiring thread, the Sutters are a bunch of hard as **** Alberta bred farm boys. They’re cut from a different type of cloth when it comes to toughness.

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Weird every other player only has nice things to say about Sutter. Besides that he is tough to play for because he demands you put in effort.

Reactions: Laus723 and Ciao

Zirakzigil

Global Moderator
Jul 5, 2010
Canada
Don’t know if true or not but unless someone not named Dan Carrillo has something to say about it, I’ll just ignore it like everything that hypocrite says.
Pretty much this. Whether its true or not, hard to take anything coming from Carrillo as fact. That and I am very confident there would be video of this happening on the bench as well.

Reactions: notsocommonsense

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
What do you think cancel culture even is?

Mitts

Jun 29, 2011
Calgary
What do you think cancel culture even is?
A mob of idiots/SJW's who feel it's their place to pass judgement on perceived offences they really know nothing about, causing public outcry and influencing prospective employers from hiring for fear of negative press. Judgement is passed in the public eye and not in the courts, on things as simple as rumors. That's cancel culture. Oh and it's not the majority in an outrage, it's usually just a loud minority on a crusade that can have serious impact on the accused regardless of their innocence or guilt, it's the modern day version of the lynch mob.

ArGarBarGar

What do we want!? Unfair!
Sep 8, 2008
A mob of idiots/SJW's who feel it's their place to pass judgement on perceived offences they really know nothing about, causing public outcry and influencing prospective employers from hiring for fear of negative press. Judgement is passed in the public eye and not in the courts, on things as simple as rumors. That's cancel culture. Oh and it's not the majority in an outrage, it's usually just a loud minority on a crusade that can have serious impact on the accused regardless of their innocence or guilt, it's the modern day version of the lynch mob.
Okay, so basically a boogeyman.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad