Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall]

Status
Not open for further replies.

haulinbass

Mar 6, 2014
Pretty impressive start for Makar. This is a guy the Avs are going to badly need in order to keep this thing going forward in the future. If Jost pans out which I do expect he will, Avs are going to be in great shape.

Congrats Avs fans.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
Girard-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Makar

That's the dream, folks. I want to see it whenever Makar is ready.

Reactions: 21

RoyIsALegend

Gross Misconduct
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2008
Think Cole will be his partner?

He would be the best possible partner for Cale. Calm, composed, plays within his limitations, lets his partner control the breakouts, rarely pinches and always looking to cover. Couldn't ask for a better first partner. It's also the type of pairing that could get big minutes if one of the top two pairings is faltering.

Reactions: Postanin CB Ting

Bubba Thudd

is getting banned
Jul 19, 2005
Avaland
What would you guys prefer for Makar later on this year?

1 - Playoff run with the Avs as 6D and limited playing time, perhaps even a healthy scratch if he makes a mistake....

...or...

2 - A playoff run with the Eagles as the 2/3D, definitely on PP1 and making an impact still playing meaningful hockey.

I mean, having him on the Avs sounds great, but is it fair to throw him in the playoffs against a Preds or Jets forward group? Or is it best for him to make an easier jump, bigger responsibility, and play tons of minutes in an AHL playoff run? I would imagine he would be much better primed for NHL duty next year after big minutes in Loveland.

Well, when you put it that way...

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Timmins should be playing by then aswell. Most likely AHL, but if he earns a chance at the NHL, he could get a spot. If he isn't playing by then, I'm going to start having serious doubts about his future. It really is a shame. Losing your hockey career right before turning pro would be devastating.

Reactions: RareDangles

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
Timmins should be playing by then aswell. Most likely AHL, but if he earns a chance at the NHL, he could get a spot. If he isn't playing by then, I'm going to start having serious doubts about his future. It really is a shame. Losing your hockey career right before turning pro would be devastating.

Definitely some concerns about his future right now. He’s got to focus on getting healthy 100% now, not on when he’s gonna play.

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
I'll be content with rolling into next season with:

Samwise - Kondor
Ian Cole - The Kutch
Peacock - french Nic
Barbie

and Timms getting big minutes in the AHL if all goes well with his recovery

See, to me that's a pretty risky defense lineup, as opposed to a really solid one that can score and shelter each other. Let's say Zadorov takes his usual few weeks out of camp to get going, EJ looks his age or gets injured, and either or both of Makar and Meloche stumble out of the gate. A lot can go wrong there without a certain 60 points in the lineup to make the risks worth it.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Definitely some concerns about his future right now. He’s got to focus on getting healthy 100% now, not on when he’s gonna play.
Absolutely. My point was, if he isn't playing by the time Makar is, then he's in serious trouble. I'm glad sakic isn't rushing him. He's signed his contract, and he's going to take all the time he needs.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
Girard-Johnson
Zadorov-Barrie
Cole-Makar

That's the dream, folks. I want to see it whenever Makar is ready.

I'll be content with rolling into next season with:

Samwise - Kondor
Ian Cole - The Kutch
Peacock - french Nic
Barbie

and Timms getting big minutes in the AHL if all goes well with his recovery

Reactions: New Scotlander

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
I'm not saying Pettersson is good (god forbid) but he is the first teenager in 30 years reaching 10 goals in his first 10 games.

Hmm, wasn't really aware of the Avs - Canucks rivalry before this thread but now I know which is fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad