Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Stealing this from the main board...and this was before tonight's point. How crazy is that?

f7W2Qgr.jpg

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Yep...that was worth it. And remember, they took their 2nd round opponent all the way to Game 7. One might argue they were one idiotic offside review from advancing to the Conference Final (not me of course).

Everybody won out in that scenario. Cale gets that much closer to a big payday, the Avs make a pretty triumphant statement in the postseason, and the fans finally get something to crow about for the first time in over a decade.
One guy probably ended up on the losing side in that scenario...Barrie. Makar playing that well in the playoffs probably made up the Avs' mind on trading Barrie last summer. If Makar shows struggle in the playoffs or he joins the team only this season Barrie might still be on the team.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
One of the things I’m really liking about Makar’s game, is his ability to intercept pucks and attack the other way. Right now, that’s his best attribute defensively. He’s becoming much better at reading the play.

Spirits

Avalanche and Vikings
Jul 12, 2014
Quinn Hughes looks like Steve Buschemi's little brother (if he had one) in Fargo.

Reactions: arun

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
On pace for 90 points through 21 games. He really just walked into the NHL at the age of 21 and not only replaced Barrie's production but could put up the best offensive season in Avs history for a defenseman.

Also, just for fun and not to be taken too seriously:

Hischier+Patrick+Heiskanen: 40 GP, 9 G, 17 A, 26 P.

Makar: 21 GP, 5 G, 18 A, 23 P.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I expect an 8 year 75-80M dollar deal done in early July.
Sorry, but even if he plays like he is now with no improvements that is the minimum he is worth. Sakic better be keeping cap space for him and hope the cap keeps rising. It should especially the new TV deal kicks in and Seattle enters the league.

In 2 years I predict around 12 million per and he will be worth every penny.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad