Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Wow, talk about high expectations lol. No player is perfect.

MacK has been a top five player in the game the last couple years. If Makar becomes that, sign me up. Along with any ‘brain dead’ mistakes.
Some games Mack gives the puck away more than anyone on the team lol

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
Some games Mack gives the puck away more than anyone on the team lol

Waking up this morning, I really didn’t think I’d have to defend Nathan MacKinnon.

It’s crazy what we ask out of these players. He’s one of the few humans on the planet able to score 95 points in the NHL. And he plays well in big games, which I value. I really don’t care if he’s making a few mistakes, while putting up ridiculous numbers.

My point was, that there is a lot of similarities between what MacK and Makar are capable of offensively. And if Makar can work with MacKinnon to refine his offensive game, he’ll become even more potent.

NOTENOUGHJTCGOALS

Feb 28, 2006
Wow, talk about high expectations lol. No player is perfect.

MacK has been a top five player in the game the last couple years. If Makar becomes that, sign me up. Along with any ‘brain dead’ mistakes.

When things aren't going well MacK can act like a brain dead idiot. Constant giveaways trying to carry the puck against 3 defenders. Injuring himself trying to throw a big hit. Constant whinging at the refs.

None of those things are things he needs to practice on to get better... Just needs someone on the bench to help him focus.

AegonLeConqueror

Jan 4, 2018
When things aren't going well MacK can act like a brain dead idiot. Constant giveaways trying to carry the puck against 3 defenders. Injuring himself trying to throw a big hit. Constant whinging at the refs.

None of those things are things he needs to practice on to get better... Just needs someone on the bench to help him focus.
Could learn a thing or two* from a certain captain...I think his name was Zack Meichel?

Reactions: AvsFan29

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019

I just don’t have the energy for this right now, I’ll circle back letter.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Waking up this morning, I really didn’t think I’d have to defend Nathan MacKinnon.

It’s crazy what we ask out of these players. He’s one of the few humans on the planet able to score 95 points in the NHL. And he plays well in big games, which I value. I really don’t care if he’s making a few mistakes, while putting up ridiculous numbers.

My point was, that there is a lot of similarities between what MacK and Makar are capable of offensively. And if Makar can work with MacKinnon to refine his offensive game, he’ll become even more potent.
I’m obviously a huge Mackinnon fan, but he does get into weird moods where he forgets how to play hockey. When the team sees him playing like that, they tend to give up. IIRC I’ve only see him do it twice this year, but it definitely happens.

Last edited:
Reactions: Colorado Avalanche

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I’m obviously a huge Mackinnon fan, but he does get into weird moods where he forgets how to play hockey. When the team sees him playing like that, they tend to give up. IIRC I’ve only see him do it twice this year, but it’s definitely happens.

Well, yeah. No player is good for every minute for 82 games.

Balthazar

I haven't talked to the trainers yet
Sponsor
Apr 25, 2006
Holy crap. If he sustains this level as a dman then my mind will implode.

It's going to be really really hard to sustain.

Rookie Elias Pettersson last year had the exact same number of points as Makar (22) after 20 games and finished the season with 66 pts in 71 games (0.93 ppg).

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
It's going to be really really hard to sustain.

Rookie Elias Pettersson last year had the exact same number of points as Makar (22) after 20 games and finished the season with 66 pts in 71 games (0.93 ppg).

If Makar "fell off" to a .93 p/gm over 82 games that would be 76 points which would tie Larry Murphy for best rookie dman season ever.

I hope he does, but highly doubt he will finish At even a .93 pt/gm. I'd be happy if he tied lidstroms 61 point rookie season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad