Prospect Info: Cale Makar - D [4th Overall] Part II: #OrrIsTheFloor Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

Colorado Avalanche

No Babe pictures
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2004
Lieto
I hated the Makar pick. I was so mad that we dropped to 4th and we missed Hischier and especially Heiskanen.

My stomach is going to explode because of the amount of crow I have to eat.

Let's hope it happens with our other #4 pick too. Keep eating haha.

Personally Kakko hurt much more. I was watching almost every Ottawa game and in the end we got God damn unlucky.

Reactions: Murzu

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Let's hope it happens with our other #4 pick too. Keep eating haha.

Personally Kakko hurt much more. I was watching almost every Ottawa game and in the end we got God damn unlucky.

Yeah, would had absolutely loved Hughes or especially Kakko. I even wanted Turcotte with 4th overall pick. Let's hope that Byram will make me eat even more crow :thumbu:

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
They'll catch on, sooner or later :yo:

Necas was and still is a big steal for Carolina. Just such a smart, talented, all around great player.

If he could bulk up to around 200-205 lbs, he'd be absolutely dominant, but I'm not sure he has the body type for that.

Reactions: cgf

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I hated the Makar pick. I was so mad that we dropped to 4th and we missed Hischier and especially Heiskanen.

My stomach is going to explode because of the amount of crow I have to eat.

tenor.gif

We tried to tell you :sarcasm:

Reactions: Murzu

TruePowerSlave

Jun 27, 2015
I dont think it would have made much of a difference. With the way he's playing right now he is going to absolutely get PAID regardless.
I think it does. No doubt Makar is the Avs best D and looking fantastic, but he is still a rookie and if he really is willing to extend next summer it's definitely going to be cheaper. Having something like 3x 50 plus point seasons including the increase in the cap makes a difference.

Barklez

Bednar Fanboy
Mar 27, 2011
BC
Anyone expecting Byram next year to scratch the surface of what Makar has done to open this season is going to be disappointed.

MaKarter

Big Game Bo
Jun 21, 2019
Fort Collins CO
I have a question/proposal that would be a pretty big change for hockey. Why not use a defenseman with Cale Makar's abilities and talents on the PK at the forward position.

I know its not "classic hockey" but I feel like:

-Cale is special and he has sufficient defensive skills and instincts.
-Break away speed would be dangerous on PK.
-He wouldn't have to play down low and bang like a typical PK DMan.
-I also understand having 3 of 6 D on the ice at a time isn't ideal, especially if it's another D in the box, but situationally it could be effective.

Reactions: AdrianTheMagician

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
I have a question/proposal that would be a pretty big change for hockey. Why not use a defenseman with Cale Makar's abilities and talents on the PK at the forward position.

I know its not "classic hockey" but I feel like:

-Cale is special and he has sufficient defensive skills and instincts.
-Break away speed would be dangerous on PK.
-He wouldn't have to play down low and bang like a typical PK DMan.
-I also understand having 3 of 6 D on the ice at a time isn't ideal, especially if it's another D in the box, but situationally it could be effective.
The PK gives players a time to rest. Mackinnon would also be great playing high on the PK, but bottom 6 players are fresher. The goalie is the best penalty killer, and fresh bottom 6 guys are supposed to be able to keep the shots outside the dangerous areas.

It’s not a bad idea, but I doubt it would be used.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad