Apr 25, 2006
f7W2Qgr.jpg

That's just crazy.

Ace of Hades

#Demko4Vezina
Apr 27, 2010
Oregon
“Not too critical.”

You have done nothing but energetically attack every suggestion that he’s less than elite at anything. I, on the other hand, am willing to engage with and even originate discussion of the weaknesses of Marner, Matthews, Tavares, etc.

Whatever. Shiny new toy syndrome for a player on a team that has struggled recently. It is what it is. I legitimately hope the Canucks and Hughes find success. Cheers.

"Energetically attack every suggestion that he's less than elite"

-This is funny because I only responded to your posts
-I called you out on your subjective bias, and opportunistic behaviour when it comes to Hughe's play. No where near in sight when he's playing good, and the first to criticize him and make a large exagerrated portion of points on the aspects you find to be his "weaknesses" when he's had an off night or bad game.

Shiny new toy syndrome? This is what an individual refers to when they don't have much of an argument.

AMDZen

ME in the RED Circle
Apr 7, 2010
Denver
Home.Page.ZeN
Time to close the thread for awhile. Unanimous vote by experts that at this point in the season Makar should win the Calder.

Trophy Tracker: Calder

Some more quality facts in that link

Makar required the sixth-fewest games to reach 20 regular-season points among all players to debut with the Avalanche/Quebec Nordiques (Real Cloutier, 15; Peter Stastny, 16; Marian Stastny, 17; Joe Sakic, 17; Anton Stastny, 18). He's the first NHL defenseman to have at least 20 points in his first 20 games since Larry Murphy had 24 with the Los Angeles Kings in 1980-81.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Amazing how this is even an argument. No defenseman ever has scored at a PPG pace in his rookie season. Bourque, Coffey, Murphy, Chelios, Housley, Lidstrom, etc. I fully expect him to fall off that pace, but even if he "only" gets 50+ points, that is top 15 of all time. 60+ is top 10 all time. 70+ is top 3. If he can top 76 points, he will have the greatest rookie scoring season EVER for a dman.

And some people are talking about Jack Hughes entering the conversation. He would have to break Selannes rookie record for this to even be comparable. What Makar is doing is very special and I hope he can keep it up.

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham
I hated the Makar pick. I was so mad that we dropped to 4th and we missed Hischier and especially Heiskanen.

My stomach is going to explode because of the amount of crow I have to eat.
I suggest lots of Buffalo sauce... Covers the gamey taste with something far more palatable..

Reactions: Balthazar and Murzu

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Not sure about that last statement, but he's gonna own plenty of hardware after all is said and done

Yeah. He owns his own place now and has said his mom is coming over soon to buy some stuff for him to help him fill out his empty pad. Odds are she will buy him some hardware as well. I guess that should make me feel happy for the kid?

Also count me in on the eating crow faction. Very glad about it.
It certainly helped that he has grown a few inches after the draft.
No way he is only 5ft 11 right now IMO.

AvsGuy

Hired the wrong DJ again
Sep 13, 2002
Regina, SK
I'd love to wait until halfway through the season for posts like these

Makar has been amazing, let's see if he can continue being amazing

Let's also not pretend that dishing the puck to MacKinnon continuously on the rush isn't the easiest way to basically get an assist per game

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
I'd love to wait until halfway through the season for posts like these

Makar has been amazing, let's see if he can continue being amazing

Let's also not pretend that dishing the puck to MacKinnon continuously on the rush isn't the easiest way to basically get an assist per game

If it’s that easy then how come no other dman has come close to a point per game playing with Mackinnon before (see Barrie). Not only Mackinnon. How about MacDavid and Draisaitl, Kucherov last year, Kane etc. Do you think Paul Coffey got all his points making end to end rushes all game long?

Sorry but the ‘easy’ assists argument is ridiculous. The best players get to play with the best players for a reason. Ever think it could be the other way around sometimes that perhaps Makar makes Mackinnon better?

How many ‘easy’ points do MacDavid and Draisaitl get from playing with each other? No one ever mentions that.

Of course Makar or anyone for that matter hasn’t scored all or even a majority of their points making amazing plays. I know for sure Makar generates tons of scoring chances that don’t result in goals. The kid is definitely not a passenger.

Slurpeelover27

Unleash the MaKaraken!!!
Mar 7, 2018
British Columbia
Based on your username I would have never expected you to read too much into what I said

Sorry if sounds like jumping down your throat specifically, but so many people talk about getting easy points. It is definitely not just you. For sure there are some players who are mostly beneficiaries of better players, but Makar is definitely not just a passenger.

I can see you saying this about someone like Zack Kassian or Victor Olofsson, but in the long run players seem to generally deserve their points. If Makar ends up with close to a point per game he will have definitely earned it.

Plus the argument of taking my username into consideration is always appreciated.

Reactions: Lemonlimey
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad