Cale Makar Calder Favorite?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bougieman

Nov 12, 2008
Vancouver
Massive Canucks booster, here. Quinn Hughes is FANTASTICALLY TALENTED and literally one of my fave players on the roster, and yet even with my homer goggles I can't believe how good Makar is. Was really hoping for a Q. Hughes calder trophy this year, but I honestly don't see how it's going to happen barring injury -- and I don't want to see that happen. Hughes is already the best player on the Vancouver back end, is the most offensive d-man in Canucks history but man.... Colorado has possibly the best and most game-changing d-man the league has seen in many years, here. It's no longer the 'done deal' we all thought it was that Pettersson would be the best player out of the 2017 draft.

Assuming they all play a full season: I think the Calder race will shake out in this order:
1. Makar
2. Q. Hughes
3. Kakko
4. J. Hughes
5. Olofsson

Captain Bowie

Jan 18, 2012
Huggy Bear with 3 apples tonight. Wasn't necessarily a standout game for him but was involved in the PP that went I think 5/6 tonight.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
upload_2019-11-21_20-22-17.png

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
the only way Makar doesn't win the Calder is if he gets suspended for the season.
I think everyone that went to the game tonight fell in love a little.

Ararana

Sep 22, 2013
Two Rivers
Dahlin's rookie year: 44 points in 82 games
Heiskanen's rookie year: 33 points in 82 games

First 22 games of Makar's rookie year: 25 points

I seriously doubt he keeps up this blistering pace but the dude is currently on track for 93 points as a GD rookie. That's crazy pants, I don't think the Avs could have dreamed of a better start for him. He is even looking pretty damn good in his defensive zone.

He's so far past my expectations for him I can't even see the line anymore.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Dahlin's rookie year: 44 points in 82 games
Heiskanen's rookie year: 33 points in 82 games

First 22 games of Makar's rookie year: 25 points

I seriously doubt he keeps up this blistering pace but the dude is currently on track for 93 points as a GD rookie. That's crazy pants, I don't think the Avs could have dreamed of a better start for him. He is even looking pretty damn good in his defensive zone.

He's so far past my expectations for him I can't even see the line anymore.
I think Makar on a healthy Avs team actually increases his points. Call me crazy. Rantanen won’t hurt his assist totals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad