Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
Lernout is waiver eligible...and I don't think they'll take the chance of putting him on waivers.

I think he'll make the team, especially with Weber out to start the year...

Petry, Juulsen & Lernout will be our RD's to start the year...I expect one of Benn and/or Schlemko to be moved at some point.
Lernout is a fringe prospect and is very unlikely to be claimed.

Reactions: Mrb1p

Habs76

Nov 11, 2014
Fredericton, NB
Maybe he just doesn't want to go to the Habs. Essentially taking the CHL version of the Vesey route. (Only works cause of Fleury's late birthdate)

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Maybe he just doesn't want to go to the Habs. Essentially taking the CHL version of the Vesey route. (Only works cause of Fleury's late birthdate)
wouldn't see why he would even bother coming to the prospect camp couple of weeks ago...

Legend123

Jul 3, 2016
We need a reason to watch the rockets. We need them to have some of our real prospects.
I wouldn't mind kotka and ylonen tearing up the A on the same line^^

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I don't think him attending the Pats camp means he won't be signed. I don't know why he's not signed yet, just as I don't know why McCarron and Rychel haven't been signed. Perhaps they will wait on Fleury just to make sure Kotka won't make the team as if he did then they would be at 48 contracts so Fleury would put them at 49 baring any trades.

Now I'd have to look it up but with Fleury turning 20 in Nov, I believe if they sign him before the end of training camp and he goes to the WHL or AHL I believe his contract will slide.

Reactions: Habs

Mike Mike Caron

Aug 29, 2010
You guys are reading way too much into this. The management is just waiting to see him in training camp to see if he's pro ready

For sure, he's on the edge of pro and junior. Also maybe they believe they don't have a spot for him so he'd be better off in the CHL playing every games.

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
You guys are reading way too much into this. The management is just waiting to see him in training camp to see if he's pro ready

Are we...?

wouldnt surprise me to see this joke management let this go over their heads, the ability for a contract loophole and theyre leaving him in the WHL lol brilliant..

Jul 6, 2016
I would like the Habs to try to get his brother Hayden from Carolina.

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Are we...?

wouldnt surprise me to see this joke management let this go over their heads, the ability for a contract loophole and theyre leaving him in the WHL lol brilliant..

What do you know about the situation? Tons of d in laval, Fleury is one who can stay in juniors sue to this designation. This is a positive. If he is selected as an overager it's a far better situation then them not selecting him. This offers more options for management, not less.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
2 things why I think he could end up playing as an overager in the WHL... First, the farm is loaded in defensemen, secondly, his PP time was limited last year since Mahura was the one playing big minutes on the first PP unit, so now Mahura is gone, Fleury is the one that should quarterback the first PP unit and maybe the Habs brass feel that another year in junior can only boost his confidence offensively even more...

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
Loaded in laval? What the heck, theres literally no one good.

I disagree.... the defence is pretty stacked.

Taormina
Lernout
Valiev
Ouellet
Despres
Moravcik
Sklenicka

Of course they all play LD outside of Lernout.... who the hell sign defensemans without looking witch position the play. Of course I would sign Fleury to help on the RD side but its false to say that nobody on this defence is good.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
So, we have a stud rookie who should move to the next level per age/performance, and we are going to hold his development as an overaged player in an environment he’s already dominated? WTF is wrong here! Someone please tell me! This is getting beyond stupid.

Reactions: TheGoldenJet

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
This management is wrong and beyond stupid.
My God, think the message it sends to the rest of our prospects. Seriously, they know about this. If I were him or any other prospect within our program? I’d be fipping rosary beads 24/7 for a trade. Unbelievable!

Reactions: Pacciosoftie

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
So, we have a stud rookie who should move to the next level per age/performance, and we are going to hold his development as an overaged player in an environment he’s already dominated? WTF is wrong here! Someone please tell me! This is getting beyond stupid.

Well you are just assuming. There is still a lot of time to go before the season starts.

There would be literally no difference between Fleury signing during training camp and Fleury signing right after his season was over. Well, I guess there's one difference. On the latter, there wouldnt be fans going psycho over it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad