Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
As soon as Juulsen will get back to his game shape, he will take back his seat on the 3rd pairing, and Fleury will be sent down to Laval.

I really hope Juulsen will come back to full health. He tried last year, but he still wasn't able to shake the problem.

It sounds like either an eye issue or post-concussion syndrome. Either are worrisome long-term.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year if Juulsen, Fleury and Brook are all nhl ready. But that's a ways away.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
As soon as Juulsen will get back to his game shape, he will take back his seat on the 3rd pairing, and Fleury will be sent down to Laval.
meanwhile, Fleury is not playing, not in Montreal, not in Laval either.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
we'll see on Juulsen and his health, hopefully the issue doesn't linger, return or impact him but we'll see how it goes. Fleury needs to play though, he's not going to improve his defensive play from sitting in the press box.

The team is in Laval. I don't understand why they didn't send him down as soon as they made the decision to not play him.

Jul 6, 2016
The team is in Laval. I don't understand why they didn't send him down as soon as they made the decision to not play him.

They wanted to keep a 23 men roster

You never know when a player - d-man in this case - gonna be sick or injured

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They wanted to keep a 23 men roster

You never know when a player - d-man in this case - gonna be sick or injured

they can call someone up, they can even do it in advance and just not post it till the next day if they were worried about someone being sick so in case they couldn't go.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
they can call someone up, they can even do it in advance and just not post it till the next day if they were worried about someone being sick so in case they couldn't go.

Is there any value to the 23 man roster and the spares practicing with the team? Wondering about the adjustment from Julien's system to Bouchard's in the short span?

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I think he is ready for prime time but another year in the AHL refining his game would still be the best thing. Let’s develop him the right way. So far he is turning out to be a great pick in the 3rd round.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I do think being paired with Chiarot is a good move. Chiarot to me was always more of a 3rd pairing guy, but he's a vet, a decent skater and tough around the net. I think these traits would make him a good mentor for Fleury. As both are bigger guys, I think they'll be better suited for the bigger, more grinder-type lines they will often face.

Sam I Am

Jul 23, 2003
Visit site
Lost in all of last night's madness was Cale Fleury's performance. Threw some big hits, fired off some nice shots and played solid start to finish. Let's see him vs a good team like the Blues.

Agreed. He really plays with an edge. More so than any other dman on the current roster including Weber.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
LMAO Can we just trade him to the Rangers so I don’t have front row seats to another prospect being screwed? Seriously!

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
I really hope Juulsen will come back to full health. He tried last year, but he still wasn't able to shake the problem.

It sounds like either an eye issue or post-concussion syndrome. Either are worrisome long-term.

It will be interesting to see what happens next year if Juulsen, Fleury and Brook are all nhl ready. But that's a ways away.
Fleury not NHL ready? Nice of you to pile Brook and an injured prospect to this conversation. I triple dog dare our organization to trade Fleury.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Fleury not NHL ready? Nice of you to pile Brook and an injured prospect to this conversation. I triple dog dare our organization to trade Fleury.

Fleury, Juulsen, and Brook are very close. They should all be ready at the latest by Fall 2021. Perhaps Fleury is ready right now, perhaps he's not. I'm talking about the right D side going forward.

I'm in favor of trading Petry instead of re-signing him. He'll be 34 in December of the first year of his deal. Look what's happening to Weber now at the age of 34. It's just too risky. Take the assets in a Petry and/or Weber deal and go with Brook, Juulsen, and Fleury, plus whoever we add at the draft and in the UFA market.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I would be surprised if Fleury's not an NHLer. I don't really see any obvious physical limitations.

I think he will be too.

The game is mainly about being able to think quickly and see the play develop, in addition to skating, puck skills, and size. I think he'll figure it out.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Only 2 players from the 2017 draft drafted in the 3rd round have played games in the NHL.
Only Cale Fleury is currently on an NHL roster. We may have stolen one here folks.

Oh btw, his brother Haydn scores his first NHL goal last night. Good for him.

Reactions: jj cale

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Anyone know what his injury is?

Julien said he'll probably be back this week.

I hope it's not what is erroneously termed a "light" concussion. With his style of play, those could add up quickly.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
I've got to say I've been really impressed with how physical he's been so far. He's had his rough patches but overall I'm very pleased with what I see from the 20 year old (very soon to be 21).

I think he could develop into a very solid NHLer.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
He had 10 hits in yesterday's game, what a pick!

The physicality is important. But he'll have to tighten up his mechanics and decision making to solidify himself as a useful NHLer. I think there will be some offense there too.

But more important is his skating - being able to not fall when he makes sharp turns - and decision making with his passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad