Prospect Info: Cale Fleury

Status
Not open for further replies.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
preseason games are a joke though, so you can't base it all off that, he had considerable defensive issues in Laval so that's not just going to fix it's self over the summer. So that means you are putting a 20 year old blueliner in the NHL knowing he has defensive issues and within the first 2 games he showed those defensive issues to no one surprise that watched him last year and didn't put any stock in the preseason.

So now we have messed with his confidence, I know some can't stand it when posters call out stupid things that management/coaching staff does and we have no way of knowing if this will impact him in the slightest, but we do know this has been a pattern that we have seen repeated for the past 7 or so years to poor results. Some people just want to stick their head in the sand and say nothing to see here, everything is fine, meanwhile things haven't been fine for a long time. Maybe things will just change despite them making the same moves over and over again with these young player.

I agree. I would have kept 7D and sent Fleury down after praising his camp and telling him to work hard to bring his defensive game up a notch and he'll be back.

Chili

En boca cerrada no entran moscas
Jun 10, 2004
Laval didn't play all week maybe that played into keeping him around.

Kids have to play somewhere though if they are to improve.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
that or... you play him.
You can give him another game or two before sending him down, but assuming he is still not light-years better than he finished last year.... let him continue his development in Laval. He isn't even 21 yet.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
You can give him another game or two before sending him down, but assuming he is still not light-years better than he finished last year.... let him continue his development in Laval. He isn't even 21 yet.
he doesnt need to be light years better, he doesnt need to be this or that age either, he just need to play and show he's NHL ready... that is all.

Reactions: Mrb1p

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
he doesnt need to be light years better, he doesnt need to be this or that age either, he just need to play and show he's NHL ready... that is all.
Right, give him a chance but I'm not going to freak out if he isn't ready yet. He's a 3rd round pick that age-wise is almost a 1st year pro, still 20. Both Juulsen and Olofsson should be better than him (this year) once they are healthy.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
So now we have messed with his confidence

You offer this up as if it's a fact in order to further your point of view despite the fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that this is the case.

Your argument would hold a lot more sway if you actually stuck to arguing things that you know to be true. The minute you make a silly claim like this, all the air goes out of the balloon.

Reactions: Archijerej

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
You offer this up as if it's a fact in order to further your point of view despite the fact that there is absolutely zero evidence that this is the case.

Your argument would hold a lot more sway if you actually stuck to arguing things that you know to be true. The minute you make a silly claim like this, all the air goes out of the balloon.

you are right I should have said possibly messing with his confidence as there's no way to know if it has or not.

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
Julien is such a dinosaur. Fleury = Folin on his worst days and is much better on his best. Let him play in Laval rather than sitting out. It’s not like it’s a far drive, send him down between games and call him back up for the road games.

You understand that Claude Julien has zero control over who gets sent to Laval, right?

FerrisRox

"Wanna go, Prettyboy?"
Sep 17, 2003
Toronto, Ontario
That’s funny if you really believe that.

I really do, cause, you know, that's how teams work.

The General Manager assembles the roster and then the coach builds a lineup out of those players that he thinks represents his best chance to win.

It's not at all complicated and it's worked this way for a century.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I really do, cause, you know, that's how teams work.

The General Manager assembles the roster and then the coach builds a lineup out of those players that he thinks represents his best chance to win.

It's not at all complicated and it's worked this way for a century.
You honestly don’t take they discuss personnel?

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
You honestly don’t take they discuss personnel?

Of course they do. But at the end of the day the GM makes the final decision and is the one accountable for it. I highly doubt a coach can decide to waive a player on his own without the GM consent. The GM can waive a player without the coach consent but he should think about firing his coach if they don't agree with the roster composition. This is why at the end of the day the GM is the one accountable for the roster including the 4th line.

Reactions: FerrisRox

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
They do. But at the end of the day the GM makes the final decision and is the one accountable for it. I highly doubt a coach can decide to waive a player on his own without the GM consent.
No doubt regarding the waiver piece but coaches/GM’s discuss player moves everyday.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
No doubt regarding the waiver piece but coaches/GM’s discuss player moves everyday.

Like i said yeah they do. But the GM can fire the coach. The coach can't fire the GM. Ultimately the GM is in control. They discuss but at which point the coach decides it's not worth fighting for? We all have been in this situation where we don't agree with our boss but decide it's not worth fighting for. Got to chosse your battles. That's why personally i'll always blame the GM for the roster composition. If he doesn't agree with the coach he can always fire him and hire one who see things like him.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
Given his start to the season, why throw Fleury in against the defending champs and one of the "biggest" lineups in the league? Good game for him to sit IMO. I think playing alongside a solid vet like Chairot would be good for his development - Kulak fits better with Petry for whatever reason. I hope Fleury gets a few more games under his belt soon.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013

What a useless reply.

It's a given that every statement posters here write are opinions, everybody understands this is my guess, so this is why, until you, nobody really takes issue with statements like those. It's implied. Like, I can't believe this has to be explained to you.

But then again, how strong do you think his argument needs to be ? Which scenario do you think has more probability of happening after multiple benches: more confidence, same confidence, less confidence.

Oh right, we CaNT kNoW fOR sURE !!

Reactions: Mrb1p and montreal

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Of course they do. But at the end of the day the GM makes the final decision and is the one accountable for it. I highly doubt a coach can decide to waive a player on his own without the GM consent. The GM can waive a player without the coach consent but he should think about firing his coach if they don't agree with the roster composition. This is why at the end of the day the GM is the one accountable for the roster including the 4th line.

agreed, there's no way Julien and MB don't sit down and talk about the roster and what CJ wants or doens't want. Of course MB has the final say but he would be stupid to not at least listen to his coach.

Jul 6, 2016
As soon as Juulsen will get back to his game shape, he will take back his seat on the 3rd pairing, and Fleury will be sent down to Laval.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->