Prospect Info: Cale Fleury - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

goforit

Apr 14, 2010
Montreal
Guys sucks, Ahl/Waiver fodder, if you cant beat Kulak, Merrill and Gustavsson for an NHL job = no big loss

The kid is 22 and developping. On one hand, people want the Habs to not rush the prospects and on the other hand, they judge them if they aren't playing over vets in a cup run.

You know who's the second best RHD after Petry in the depthchart now that we know that Weber is out for the season? Josh Brook. And after? Niet.

It's not a good loss at all.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Sucks to loose him… With Weber injury, he would have been perfect on our right side.

Sucks loosing a prospect who was so close of making it.

Reaally sad to see him go!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He might never make it or turn into a depth guy but you are overlooking development time.

very common theme around these parts... just take a look at the JKO threads lol

sucks to lose him. Will be interesting to see what level he reaches, but quality top-4 dman imo remains very attainable for the kid.

Wish him the best in Seattle, will have a great opportunity to earn a regular NHL spot this coming year (and not unlike Weber, Giordano is a great mentor to get to be around for a young dman)

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Drive425

Jul 24, 2006
St Louis Du Haha
The kid is 22 and developping. On one hand, people want the Habs to not rush the prospects and on the other hand, they judge them if they aren't playing over vets in a cup run.

You know who's the second best RHD after Petry in the depthchart now that we know that Weber is out for the season? Josh Brook. And after? Niet.

It's not a good loss at all.

Agree losing him hurts but we were going to lose someone that stung regardless. MB did what he could to preserve as much of the team as possible while not giving away the farm dealing with the Kraken.

Reactions: goforit

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
In all seriousness, we likely would have lost Fleury to waivers at some point this season. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we didn't have to give up any meaningful assets for Seattle to take him over Price.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Sucks to loose him… With Weber injury, he would have been perfect on our right side.

Sucks loosing a prospect who was so close of making it.

Reaally sad to see him go!
Look at the D group for Seattle and tell me how the heck Cale Fleury will play a game there. I'd be surprised if he didn't hit waivers early into the season. Assuming Seattle doesn't trade their defensemen, of course.

Reactions: dcyhabs

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
In all seriousness, we likely would have lost Fleury to waivers at some point this season. I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that we didn't have to give up any meaningful assets for Seattle to take him over Price.

It would be ridiculous to give anything more than a few rolls of hockey tape in order to protect a 34-year-old goaltender and his 5 x $10.5 mil. remaining contract.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I think you under-estimate him. only time will tell, but I think he will become a sold NHL 3-4 D
You never can be sure with young defencemen. He was clearly rushed to the NHL. That said I would be surprised if he ever becomes more than a bottom pairing D.

Schooner Guy

Jun 23, 2006
You never can be sure with young defencemen. He was clearly rushed to the NHL. That said I would be surprised if he ever becomes more than a bottom pairing D.

So you're saying he won't turn out to be Seattle's version of Shea Theodore? :D

Harry Kakalovich

Sep 26, 2002
Montreal
Funny how just two years ago the Timmins cheerleaders were singing the praises of our "stocked" dman cupboard of Juhlsen, Fleruy, Mete and Brooks. Now 3 of them are gone and it's a make or break year for Brooks.

Add in the unknown signing status of Harris and the injury history of Strubble, and suddenly, our prospect pool is not as good as people think.
You conveniently forgot about Romanov.

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
short-loss-of-a-loved-one-quote-gandhi.jpg

habergeon

Apr 15, 2015
Would rather see Price go. They need to get out from that contract and he's injury prone. Price will not help this team and they need to move on.

This is not directed at you, but moreso the content.

Because I've seen variations of this same post, every year, for years now.

I just don't get it.

Reactions: Habs Halifax
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad