Prospect Info: Cale Fleury - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007
Wouldn't be surprised if he never played a game for Seattle like Emelin (not saying that as a slight against him)

You could be right, but I'm not sure he has much trade value. Emelin was an established NHL D. I think he stays with Seattle and he helps build out their AHL depth and is a call-up option, and potential to become a bottom pairing D in a year or two.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
he had a shot at the 5/6 slot.

ps -i'm terrified bergevin has at least 2, probably 3 d slots to fill and he's going to find more pylons
He had absolutely no shot to be Romanov's partner, barring injuries.

He would have been kept on the roster as the #8D to protect him from waivers.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Happy he gets to suit up next to his brother. Will be a special moment for him and his family, something rare that few get to experience.

He may also be dealt or sent down.

Seattle will select 30 players and only keep 23 on thir roster. So almost 25% of their players won't be on their roster.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
You could be right, but I'm not sure he has much trade value. Emelin was an established NHL D. I think he stays with Seattle and he helps build out their AHL depth and is a call-up option, and potential to become a bottom pairing D in a year or two.
Yeah, Emelin got a 3rd, so I don't see Fleury getting more than a 5th or 6th as a trade chip.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
I'll always remember him owning Lucic. If he can become a regular he's going to be a fan favorite there. Loves to lower the boom.

Reactions: montreal

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
He's a really good player. Best of luck to him in Seattle. He's going to need luck with that roster.

Rockomax

Jan 16, 2007
Mtl
Not sure why so many people are this disappointed. I mean, sure he's young and could turn it around. But at this moment, he's a long shot to make it as a steady NHL defenseman. I'm not even sure that he would have made the team out of the camp in a depleted defense group; in which case, he would have had to go through waivers to be sent down anyway. I'd be really surprised if he was still up with the big club in Seattle a couple of weeks after the beginning of the season. If they keep their D group intact, I don't see where he fits.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
Yeah, Emelin got a 3rd, so I don't see Fleury getting more than a 5th or 6th as a trade chip.
Objectively speaking we lost more in the 2017 draft than 2021 because Emelin was at least an established NHLer and Fleury is at this point just a fringe player. Losing Fleury isnt too bad, not getting cap relief I'd argue is more significant because we would easily afford to lose Byron or Drouin.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Ummm…..ya, when you put it that way, I certainly don’t want to see that type of D manning our blue line.

I’m hoping for a D.Hamilton to replace Weber

Chiarot-Hamilton
Edmundson-Petry
Romanov-Kulak

with a playoff bound:

Romanov-Weber combo

Yeah but if you don't get Hamilton that's gonna look bad

Chiarot - Pylon
Edmunson - Petry
Romanov - Kulak

And Kulak is not a good defenseman

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
Of course…..that’s why we need to go get him lol

Agreed, but we all know that needing a specific UFA is a recipe for disaster... Plus what kind of contract does Hamilton want anyway?

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Objectively speaking we lost more in the 2017 draft than 2021 because Emelin was at least an established NHLer and Fleury is at this point just a fringe player. Losing Fleury isnt too bad, not getting cap relief I'd argue is more significant because we would easily afford to lose Byron or Drouin.
Yeah I feel the same way about Fleury as I do Emelin. "Damn, I sorta liked him, but he's easily replaceable."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad