Calder Finalists 2019

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
If Sorokin or Shestyorokin could come over they would both be in the conversation. Unfortunately they won’t be over.

The whole thing about the K being rigged makes me a bit leary of Shestyorokin. Sorokin a bit too, bc his team lets up like 15 shots/game. But his GAA through 6 games in the playoffs was like .17 or something ridiculous. Would be pretty awesome if/when they both come over and are dueling Russian studs in NY.

BUT, isles luck, Shesty comes over and is Lundqvist for the next 12 years and Sorokin is Eric Fichaud.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Donato has the early lead from what I seen him do in the Olympics and the NHL. A top 3 finalist for this year's Hobey Baker award is a legit threat next year and is already playing on the Bruin power play.

Last edited:
Reactions: AmericanDream

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
I would throw mittelstadts name out there, but did he really have that bad of a first game the other day? Didn't watch all of it, but I saw he had a few nice chances and earned a nice assist off the face-off win.
other players:

Dahlin
Svechnikov
Zadina
Pettersson
donato
sikura
Borgstrom
Vilardi
Heiskanen
Gaudette
Tolvanen

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Eeli can play both wings. Nashville has four top 6 wingers. Poile himself has said that Eeli will get every opportunity to play in the top 6 and that they view him as a top 6 player. But what the **** does he know, he's just the GM.

Also Johansen is a C, what does he have to do with anything?

Isn't the fact that Nashville has never had a 70p player more favorable for Tolvanen than the way around? It's not like he has to dethrone a Patrik Kane or Kucherov. If he's good enough to play in the top 6 and outplay someone like Fiala or Smith then he is.
I'm saying even if he outplays someone like Fiala or Smith (and I do think he'll end up being a top six player eventually), he still isn't getting 70 points. For the Calder next year, I think you're looking at a forward getting 70-ish points.

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Svechnikov
Heiskanen
Pettersson
Tolvanen
Dahlin

All have a very good chance. Personally, I think Dahlin will struggle in his first year and make potentially huge leaps after it in the coming years. Some team will try and give him way too big of a task to start out.
Heiskanen will have a legit chance if Dallas uses him right, but god knows we can't rely on Hitchcock and Nill to grow a prospect properly and give him legit playing time at this level.

Pettersson has a good chance if he is at this level next year.

Svechnikov will be put into a position to succeed imo. Idk why I just feel like he will have a really good year as long as he is used right.

Tolvanen should be good for 40-50 points probably in his first full year. Especially playing on the Preds PP. He will be given a very good chance to succeed and show his true potential. Preds development is good about that I feel like

RipCityPuckers

Jun 16, 2007
Toronto
More love needed for Chytil and Sikura...

Also I'll be the first to mention Yamamoto, anything is possible if he gets to ride shotgun with McDavid

Reactions: bl02

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
Judging from yesterday Mittelstadt is lucky to even play at the start of next year

If anyone watched Barzal's two games in the NHL last season, they'd have said the same thing. Honestly, CM just looked awed by the whole situation, but I wouldn't take anything away from that. His biggest hurdle to winning the Calder will be playing on that squad. Hopefully, if he's not ready, the Sabres will send him to the minors till he is.

Last edited:

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
More love needed for Chytil and Sikura...

Also I'll be the first to mention Yamamoto, anything is possible if he gets to ride shotgun with McDavid
Yamamoto is definitely a name to remember, same with Logan Brown, he isn't going back to junior - 6'6 center hitting 1.5ppg - he is getting more than 4 games next year, Ottawa likely has some spots he can fit in and produce right away same as Yamamoto

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
If anyone watched Barzal's two games in the NHL last season, they'd have said the same thing. Honestly, CM just looked awed by the whole situation, but I wouldn't take anything away from that. His biggest hurdle to winning the Calder will be playing on that squad. Hopefully, if he's not ready, the Sabres will send him to the minors till he is.
Yeah. He has time to make adjustments now, train well over the summer and maybe he's ready next year. Could very well be.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
Donato another 2 pts today = 4 goals, 3 assists in 7 games, (pt a game player). First game with DeBrusk playing his off wing and they hit it off. That line with Krejci had 8 pts today. Donato has no adjustments to make other then get stronger on the puck, that is it.

dwright5314

Jul 10, 2017
New Hampshire
If Donato is the RW on the Marchand/Bergeron first line, I can see him putting up Calder-level numbers, if not, I like Mittelstadt or Svechnikov's chances.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
If Donato is the RW on the Marchand/Bergeron first line, I can see him putting up Calder-level numbers, if not, I like Mittelstadt or Svechnikov's chances.

I would not be surprised if Donato puts up numbers too. There are always players that come out of nowhere. Not that Donato is an unknown. It depends on usage. I can't see Cassidy taking Pasta off that line. It is one of the best lines in hockey. Past history tells us it usually goes to the highest scoring fwd. So again, this year, the Calder candidates looks like stiff competition. It seems to get better every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad