Calder Finalists 2019

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
If that's the case he's either buried behind Brown and Toffoli on RW or Kopitar and Carter at C. Top 6 minutes and top unit PP is pretty much mandatory. He'll need a few injuries to get there.
Well according to the lines thread Kings fans expect him to play with Carter. And Toffoli with Kempe.

Bevans

Apr 15, 2016
Well according to the lines thread Kings fans expect him to play with Carter. And Toffoli with Kempe.

I'm surprised they think so lowly of the 70's line. Seems like Toffoli would have the first crack at that spot, now that the line is healthy.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
It’s a hard one to predict.
How many picked Barzal before last year?
Boeser had a strong finish the year before but aside from some Canuck fans I’m not sure he was a favourite.
Keller? Same thing.
Last year may have been a bit bit of an anomaly as usually a highly touted draft pick wins it and other high picks are finalists.
Petterson seems like he will at least have a shot as there is no shortage of opportunity in Vancouver this year with the Sedins retiring.

KirkAlbuquerque

#WeNeverGetAGoodCoach
Mar 12, 2014
New York
It’s a hard one to predict.
How many picked Barzal before last year?
Boeser had a strong finish the year before but aside from some Canuck fans I’m not sure he was a favourite.
Keller? Same thing.
Last year may have been a bit bit of an anomaly as usually a highly touted draft pick wins it and other high picks are finalists.
Petterson seems like he will at least have a shot as there is no shortage of opportunity in Vancouver this year with the Sedins retiring.

Barzal and especially Keller were a popular choice before the season began.

Reactions: Wings4Life

Vide

Mar 2, 2015
Calder is really hard to predict. I think it highly depends on what team the prospect is playing, how good they are and how much prime minutes said prospect receives. If BUF and CAR aren't tirefires next year Mittelstadt and Svechnikov have a good shot. Maybe even an outside guy like Yamamoto could score 60+ points and be a Calder nominee if he found chemistry with McDavid or Draisaitl. Dahlin could also be really good but it's hard for a defenseman to win the Calder and he's on a pretty terrible team so it seems very unlikely.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad