Calder Finalists 2019

Gargyn

Oct 19, 2006
Kelowna, BC
Ryan Donato
Gabriel Vilardi
Anthony Cirelli

Also Tolvanen, R.Thomas, Petersson, Necas, Chytil, and depending on who drafts them, Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom. Goalies, Husso could surprise if Allen shits the bed like he often does, and Samsonov if Hotlby continues to regress.

Last edited:

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
Ryan Donato
Gabriel Vilardi
Anthony Cirelli

Also Tolvanen, R.Thomas, Petersson, Necas, Chytil, and depending on who drafts them, Dahlin, Svechnikov, Zadina, Wahlstrom. Goalies, Husso could surprise if Allen ****s the bed like he often does, and Samsonov if Hotlby continues to regress.
Samsonov is not expected to play in the NHL next year.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Too many good forwards in Nashville, don't think he'll get the ice-time. Plus, I think Pettersson, Svechnikov (and Zadina) will be better.

Also, I see Tolvanen listed a couple of times on this page.
They did not sign him a first overall level contract for shits and giggles. He's there to play, and if he's good enough to fight for Calder then he'll be good enough to get top minutes.

That goes for this season too. They did not get him there to eat popcorn. If/when he gets to play in the playoffs, he'll have a huge advantage over the other Calder candidates.

Sep 8, 2013
Toronto Nebula
They did not sign him a first overall level contract for ****s and giggles. He's there to play, and if he's good enough to fight for Calder then he'll be good enough to get top minutes.
Nashville spread their scoring. They've never had a 70-point forward. I don't care what bonuses they signed him for, I doubt that'll change much the way they allocate ice-time. There are players making more money than him. Are you suggesting they should all get top minutes? Also, as I said, he's not as good as Pettersson, Svechnikov and Zadina, from among forwards.

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Nashville spread their scoring. They've never had a 70-point forward. I don't care what bonuses they signed him for, I doubt that'll change much the way they allocate ice-time. There are players making more money than him. Are you suggesting they should all get top minutes? Also, as I said, he's not as good as Pettersson, Svechnikov and Zadina, from among forwards.
My f***ing god. This is because they haven't had a player good enough to score 70. The things i have to read on this board, help me.

What, you think their gameplan is for everyone of them to score around the same amount of points? Do you even know what spread scoring is? Vegas has spread scoring, Toronto has spread scoring, Winnipeg has spread scoring, Tampa Bay has spread their scoring.....the list goes on. Amazing how they have 70+ point players with spread scoring. Why don't Stamkos and Wheeler leave some for the other guys, so it's more even??

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
You're saying Tolvanen > Forsberg and Johansen?

My ****ing god, the overrating of Tolvanen on this board, help me.
Eeli can play both wings. Nashville has four top 6 wingers. Poile himself has said that Eeli will get every opportunity to play in the top 6 and that they view him as a top 6 player. But what the f*** does he know, he's just the GM.

Also Johansen is a C, what does he have to do with anything?

Isn't the fact that Nashville has never had a 70p player more favorable for Tolvanen than the way around? It's not like he has to dethrone a Patrik Kane or Kucherov. If he's good enough to play in the top 6 and outplay someone like Fiala or Smith then he is.

Last edited:

Riseonfire

Josh Bailey! GAME ONE, TO THE ISLAND!!!
Nov 8, 2009
HM to Sorokin if the Isles can figure out a way to get him here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad