C/W William Nylander - Modo, SHL (2014, 8th overall, Toronto)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
He is playing really well in the U18 league. 3rd in points and tied 1st in goals as a 15 year old. He should play in Superelit soon.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Leading his team in J18Allsvenskan(S) in points. Fifth in league scoring.

GP:7 G:7 A:3 TP:10

He's a plus one.

Just 15 years old. That's very impressive.

HTFN

Feb 8, 2009
I had always heard he was crazy good, glad to see that he's continuing to succeed.

Exalted User
Dec 14, 2010
Babylon
Saw an article about the possibility of William playing for Sodertalje in the "Rumors" section on EliteProspects

He's aldready playing for Södertälje. Albeit their SuperElit team. I think it has to do with the possibility of them offering him a pro contract for next season. Something that rarely happens in Swedish hockey.

EDIT: I should add he has five points(assists) in four SuperElit playoff games and is a plus one. Some of these players are pushing 20 while he's only 15(1996). He also has 11 points(G:4 A:7) in five international junior games this year.

Shaping up to become quite the prospect.

Last edited:

WayneBruce

Jun 16, 2011
He must hit the gym this summer before he starts playing on the senior team, he is not very big atm.

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
Extremly impressive. Leads the scoring in J20 SuperElit as a 16 year old born 1996. 21 points in 15 games. Two-three years younger than the rest. If he keeps going like this he'll probably even get a call-up to the real team in SEL-2. Playing with adults - such as Anze Kopitar, Gabriel Landeskog, Patrik Berglund and Douglas Murray. As a 16 year old.

Definitely in the discussion for #1 right now in his NHL-draft.

bottomofthefoodchain

Feb 10, 2008
Stockholm
Extremly impressive. Leads the scoring in J20 SuperElit as a 16 year old born 1996. 21 points in 15 games. Two-three years younger than the rest. If he keeps going like this he'll probably even get a call-up to the real team in SEL-2. Playing with adults - such as Anze Kopitar, Gabriel Landeskog, Patrik Berglund and Douglas Murray. As a 16 year old.

Has it been confirmed he will play for Sweden?

YARR123

Oct 30, 2010

Isn't this very premature? There have been plenty of players in the past that have played in jr.20 with impressive stats 1 year before their draft year. Also according to eliteprospects Nylander is not very big (could be outdated ofc). I say this without seeing him play, however I have the feeling that neither have you (again could be wrong but you only mentioned his stats). I'm not saying that he can't be in the #1 discussion, just that his stats, albeit very impressive, shouldn't automatically warrant him this status.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
Isn't this very premature? There have been plenty of players in the past that have played in jr.20 with impressive stats 1 year before their draft year. Also according to eliteprospects Nylander is not very big (could be outdated ofc). I say this without seeing him play, however I have the feeling that neither have you (again could be wrong but you only mentioned his stats). I'm not saying that he can't be in the #1 discussion, just that his stats, albeit very impressive, shouldn't automatically warrant him this status.
Yep, Collberg and Victor Rask had PPG+ seasons in SuperElit at the same age as Nylander and they were picked in the 2nd round of the draft. However, I saw him in the tournament TV-pucken last year his overall skill level looked very impressive. Based on that and his stats since then, I'd say he has a boatload of talent but it's too early to say if he's a future top 10 pick.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Right now SSK's heading for SuperElit top10. If you top the scoring there at his age, you're pretty special(Lindholm did just that last year, although ½ year older). Doing well now is also impressive of course, but less of a measurement.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Nylander is still tops in SuperElit scoring, 32p in 21 games.

He's also been given exceptional status to represent Sweden at IIHF competition now.

J17 Vs Proclamation

Oct 29, 2004
Reading.
Nylander is still tops in SuperElit scoring, 32p in 21 games.

He's also been given exceptional status to represent Sweden at IIHF competition now.

Pardon my ignorance, but what does exceptional status mean in this sense? I had already assumed he had eligibility for Sweden (and the US of course).

Jim Morrison

Aug 4, 2009
4 point game today. Still leads the entire scoring in J20 SuperElit with 38 points in 23 games. As a 16 year old.

For comparision, Daniel Sedin had 40 points in 26 games at the same age. Henrik had 36 points in 26 games. Other more recent players have been hovering around 1 PPG. Players such as Filip Forsberg, Andre Burakovsky, Sebastian Collberg and Victor Rask. If Nylander keeps going like this he'll beat all of those guys with ease. The scoring-leader of all time among 16 year olds is Collberg with 44 points in 35 games. And Nylander already has 38.

novon04

Dec 21, 2011
4 point game today. Still leads the entire scoring in J20 SuperElit with 38 points in 23 games. As a 16 year old.

For comparision, Daniel Sedin had 40 points in 26 games at the same age. Henrik had 36 points in 26 games. Other more recent players have been hovering around 1 PPG. Players such as Filip Forsberg, Andre Burakovsky, Sebastian Collberg and Victor Rask. If Nylander keeps going like this he'll beat all of those guys with ease. The scoring-leader of all time among 16 year olds is Collberg with 44 points in 35 games. And Nylander already has 38.
He's also on a 15 game point scoring streak and 18 points ahead of the second highest scorer on his team. It's not often you see someone at that age put up points with that much consistency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $5,720.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino