C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi (2018 - 3rd overall, MTL) Part Four!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Well this is just ridiculous, he only has 8 points in 10 games in Liiga. If he had 15 assists or something that'd make sense, right now he's having a relatively slow start to the season and has been a disappointment.

I get he's your team's 3rd pick but reality is that his last season was atrocious and this one's not started in a promising manner. At this point, looks like a player ruined by having him play in NHL too early.
Saying this shows you don't follow the player that much.

Reactions: Sasha Orlov

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Saying this shows you don't follow the player that much.
Really, are you going to elaborate?

I've followed since 2016, I assume you hadn't even heard of the player until Habs picked him. I also have watched him every season. Not every game by any means, but Habs with their 3 Finns - especially Armia who I'm a fan of - means they're quite high on my priority list.

My opinion is that he precisely showed signs of exactly that last season, so it'll be interesting to hear why I'm wrong about that.

Last edited:

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga
Really, are you going to elaborate?

I've followed since 2016, I assume you hadn't even heard of the player until Habs picked him. I also have watched him every season. Not every game by any means, but Habs with their 3 Finns - especially Armia who I'm a fan of - means they're quite high on my priority list.

My opinion is that he precisely showed signs of exactly that last season, so it'll be interesting to hear why I'm wrong about that.
You're the one that made the claim that he has been ruined by playing in the NHL too early, so the onus is on you to provide evidence to support this claim. 8 points in 6 Liiga games and 4 goals in 10 NHL playoff games doesn't scream "ruined" to me.

Reactions: Acadien86

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
He is yet to even get to PPG and Habs fans are planning the parade :facepalm:
You mean 8 pts in his last 6 games is not amazing?
How about 8 points in 10 games? Anything can be seen as "pretty good" if you only take pieces of data that fit your narrative the most.

He is doing as expected for a guy who managed PPG in the AHL. Hasn't really done much to suggest he's more than that.

schnapshot

Mendoza baby
Jan 8, 2015
Montreal
He is yet to even get to PPG and Habs fans are planning the parade :facepalm:

How about 8 points in 10 games? Anything can be seen as "pretty good" if you only take pieces of data that fit your narrative the most.

He is doing as expected for a guy who managed PPG in the AHL. Hasn't really done much to suggest he's more than that.
Someone sure is cranky.

There’s no parade being planned, it’s just that a lot of fans from other teams were glad to barge in here when he was pointless in his first 4 games. These people have gone quiet now, wonder why.

Last edited:
Reactions: Acadien86

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Man some people are insufferable.. we're talking about a 10 game sample size, where a 20 year old has produced pretty well and played better than the production showed. Why don't we all just be happy that a kid is playing some good hockey instead of hating on him?
Because "pretty well" isn't really good enough for the #3 pick playing his 4th season at the pro level? Seems fairly obvious.

Reactions: Ana Crusis

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
He's 20 years old lol smh

Find me another 20 year old dominating the league like Koko
Lundell. just turned 18 and doesn’t have over 100 games in the nhl like koko. Actually he doesn’t even have 1 pro camp under his belt.

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Yeah. Nice frame job indeed. It's not like there is some kid who just turned 19 in top-3 of league scoring or anything.

#notsureifserious

Yeah that's exactlty the same thing as Kotkaniemi's situation , talk about disingenuous...

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Lundell. just turned 18 and doesn’t have over 100 games in the nhl like koko. Actually he doesn’t even have 1 pro camp under his belt.

Lundell just turned 19 and has played on the same team for 3 years straight. I thought this was a hockey forum, do things like chemistry and changing leagues (with no training camp) not factor in? Or is it just black/white stats in your world?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
Lundell just turned 19 and has played on the same team for 3 years straight. I thought this was a hockey forum, do things like chemistry and changing leagues with no training camp not factor in? Or is it just black/white stats in your world?
Why get baited so easily? Why care about anything some random guy from some random fanbase who doesn't really give a shit, says?

CauZuki

Feb 19, 2008
Why get baited so easily? Why care about anything some random guy from some random fanbase who doesn't really give a shit, says?

Hard to tell sometimes, I try not to get sucked into the trolling. Sometimes it really is hard to tell with HF general threads...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad