C/W Jesperi Kotkaniemi (2018 - 3rd overall, MTL) Part Four!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafChief

Matthew Knies Enthusiast
Mar 5, 2013
Scarborough
go read part 3
You mean the thread with the Habs fan complaining that Hirvonen was listed as the '1C'?

Don't cry about threads becoming 'Leafs threads' if you're going to bring up Leafs prospects unprovoked. Poor Habs fans. Always persecuted, am I right?

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
This isn't a Hirvonen thread but now that you've brought him up, he seems to be doing pretty well.

Odd to compare a 3rd overall pick to a late 2nd rounder but here we are.

You're the only one comparing. Watching Hirvonen he'll never have any sort of an NHL career. Small perimeter player, sluggish.

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
Thanks for the in-depth analysis, chief.

Not really surprised to see he has picked it up, some posters here must be getting frustrated with him racking up points.
It was expected that he would start picking up more points, he's still not exactly doing amazing.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
You're the only one comparing. Watching Hirvonen he'll never have any sort of an NHL career. Small perimeter player, sluggish.

tenor.gif

Reactions: Cheeks Klapanen

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
and why wouldnt he be in shape compared to the other players in the league they have all been off the same amount of time. but i wasnt talking about this year at all. i was talking getting 42 points in 115 games in the nhl. thats not a high bar for lundell to jump over.
Two more points today. And his point totals were on par with a guy like Barkov when KK was youngest player in the league. You realize he was injured the entire year last year? Or did that escape you? When he was healthy he was a point a game player and then dominant in the playoffs. But you Know this. Or you’re a hater divorced from factual reality

Poppy Whoa Sonnet

J'Accuse!
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2007
Two more points today. And his point totals were on par with a guy like Barkov when KK was youngest player in the league. You realize he was injured the entire year last year? Or did that escape you? When he was healthy he was a point a game player and then dominant in the playoffs. But you Know this. Or you’re a hater divorced from factual reality

Nice passing on the PP

Reactions: FlyguyOX

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
You mean the thread with the Habs fan complaining that Hirvonen was listed as the '1C'?

Don't cry about threads becoming 'Leafs threads' if you're going to bring up Leafs prospects unprovoked. Poor Habs fans. Always persecuted, am I right?

Lmao you have no self awareness. Leafs fans are notoriously the biggest crybabies on this board

The only reason this thread is still active is because of Leafs fans hate following Kotkaniemi

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Kotkaneimi seems like the type of player who turns criticism into strength.

"Have to get stronger" Starts to wreck people with hits
"Needs to produce" Ties team lead in goals in playoffs
"Oh but he has no assists in the playoffs" Starts threading passes like crazy in Finland

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Kotkaneimi seems like the type of player who turns criticism into strength.

"Have to get stronger" Starts to wreck people with hits
"Needs to produce" Ties team lead in goals in playoffs
"Oh but he has no assists in the playoffs" Starts threading passes like crazy in Finland
Well this is just ridiculous, he only has 8 points in 10 games in Liiga. If he had 15 assists or something that'd make sense, right now he's having a relatively slow start to the season and has been a disappointment.

I get he's your team's 3rd pick but reality is that his last season was atrocious and this one's not started in a promising manner. At this point, looks like a player ruined by having him play in NHL too early.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Well this is just ridiculous, he only has 8 points in 10 games in Liiga. If he had 15 assists or something that'd make sense, right now he's having a relatively slow start to the season and has been a disappointment.

I get he's your team's 3rd pick but reality is that his last season was atrocious and this one's not started in a promising manner. At this point, looks like a player ruined by having him play in NHL too early.

Ok, we get it. You can't be bothered to watch Liiga, you don't have to keep saying it.

Zahra Starker

Mar 3, 2020
Toronto

You're right he's ruined at 20. He had one good season at 18. At 19 he got injured twice. I guess kappo kakko is ruined since he will be 20 once the season starts and he has only a 23 point season. Lafreniere will be 19 years old and 5 months. He's definitely a bust since he hasn't even played an NHL game yet. And all prospects who do not have at least a 50 point season in the NHL before the age of 20 are all trash because your logic says so. Idiocy at its finest.

PavelBrendl

Jul 9, 2013

He’s having a relatively slow start? He was held off the scoresheet for 4 games after coming in without a training camp or pre-season. And by all accounts, he wasn’t even bad in those games.

Since he started putting up points 6 games ago, he’s been producing at a clip that’s on-par with the top scorers in the league and hasn’t cooled down since. Relatively slow and disappointing, indeed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad