C/W Jesper Boqvist - Brynas IF, SHL (2017, 36th, NJD)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Jesper has played a couple of games with Brynas in SHL and done very well. In the last 2 games he has 5 assists. I think its fair to say that he has learned how to use his skills to play against men.

Can still not believe how he could not make the wjc 20 team while Lööke did, they played in the same team and it was a huge different between them.

Boqvist reminds to me a lot of william Nylander, so smooth skating while being in complete controll. But with that said, I am not saying he should be in top 10 at this moment, For me around 20-35, but he is to me trending up.

MrStench

Dec 12, 2009
Any chance he still slips into the second round?

Probably a decent chance. Last year Jonathan Dahlén and Carl Grundström, both late birthdays with numbers comparable to Boqvist's, slipped to respectively the mid and late second round.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
No possible impact players was missing in wjc 20 you said.

I did, and a few points won't change my opinion. His scoring right now is impressive but Boqvist has some serious flaws in his game. He wouldn't have made much difference at the WJC.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
He's back in Brynäs now for the play-offs

Scored his first goal in SHL last night, battled off two d-men infront of the goal an poked a loose puck in. He got 12 min of ice time and look good, nice grit and very good speed. 22 NHL scouts was at the game, Boqvist was the only draft enlightable player on the ice.

If he has a solid playoff performance, where will he end up?

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
Will be interesting to see if he goes in the first round, I have a feeling he may slip out, incredible skills but question marks if his game will translate.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Loved this pick when we made it. Tons of skill, but we'll see if he can put it all together.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Probably my favourite pick after Nico. Love Boqvist's potential. Getting him and Nico with our first two picks is incredible.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
#36 to NJ. Do people think he's a center or wing long term?

He can do both, but I would guess wing, espically going forward in New Jersey. New Jersey have plenty of young C

Had a very similar draft season to w Nylander, statistically at least.

Last edited:
Mar 15, 2011
NJ
He can do both, but I would guess wing, espically going forward in New Jersey. New Jersey have plenty of young C

Had a very similar draft season to w Nylander, statistically at least.

Wow, didn't realize that. Is ppg was actually (marginally) better in the SHL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad