C/W Jesper Boqvist - Brynas IF, SHL (2017, 36th, NJD)

Eric Sachs

Jan 31, 2007
According to the local papers, the fracture is complicated and will take some extra time to heal.

they give an estimated time table?

sucks cause he had a great summer and was hoping to see him start the season off hot

back for WJC?

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Boqvist finished the season with 13 points in 22 games. If you recall, he had a pretty nasty broken wrist earlier in the season and he only shot like 7%, which suggests he probably had bad luck. Comparing to recent high picks from the SHL (thanks to @Zippy316 for compiling this)
--------
Some quick recent first/second line players to compare to:

Lias Andersson at eliteprospects.com- 14 points in 22 games

Joel Eriksson Ek at eliteprospects.com -- 16 points in 41 games

William Nylander at eliteprospects.com -- 2o points in 21 games

Adrian Kempe at eliteprospects.com -- 17 points in 50 games

Alexander Wennberg at eliteprospects.com -- 21 points in 50 games

Mika Zibanejad at eliteprospects.com -- 13 points in 26 games

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
Was a big fan of the pick at the time and I'm still a big fan. Love Boqvist's potential and think he can fit in perfectly with the Devils system. I don't think he should, nor will, but he could be a dark horse to make some noise in training camp and maybe get a few game trial runs at the start of the year.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Boqvist finished the season with 13 points in 22 games. If you recall, he had a pretty nasty broken wrist earlier in the season and he only shot like 7%, which suggests he probably had bad luck. Comparing to recent high picks from the SHL (thanks to @Zippy316 for compiling this)
--------
Some quick recent first/second line players to compare to:

Lias Andersson at eliteprospects.com- 14 points in 22 games

Joel Eriksson Ek at eliteprospects.com -- 16 points in 41 games

William Nylander at eliteprospects.com -- 2o points in 21 games

Adrian Kempe at eliteprospects.com -- 17 points in 50 games

Alexander Wennberg at eliteprospects.com -- 21 points in 50 games

Mika Zibanejad at eliteprospects.com -- 13 points in 26 games

I just did a quick run through of first/second line picks that hit so that list is a bit biased. I'd go back through the last few guys and look at guys that didn't pan out.

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
He has not progressed as much compaird to last year. Very uneven and streaky, but Brynäs has gone through a lot of turbulence this season, GM and coach fired and some poor results in the beginning of the season. We are playing better now, let's see if Boqvist can turn up his game aswell.

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
He has not progressed as much compaird to last year. Very uneven and streaky, but Brynäs has gone through a lot of turbulence this season, GM and coach fired and some poor results in the beginning of the season. We are playing better now, let's see if Boqvist can turn up his game aswell.

Thanks for the honest input. From what I read he has 17 points in hist last 19 games, which from the outside looking in seems consistent.

Can you elaborate on how he is streaky? Do you see him having a high ceiling in the NHL if he puts it together?

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks for the honest input. From what I read he has 17 points in hist last 19 games, which from the outside looking in seems consistent.

Can you elaborate on how he is streaky? Do you see him having a high ceiling in the NHL if he puts it together?

Don't get me wrong, he is producing, however, I believe that most fans had higher expectations. Being able to carry a line with his speed, which he has not, he goes on 2-4 games hot streak to be invisible the coming 2-4 games. That said, he has been playing better lately under the new coach and management.

As for his ceiling, can't really tell, he has the talent but is not NHL ready yet, but yeh time will tell. I hope he stays another season with Brynäs, it will do him good.

Last edited:

Devilsfan992

Apr 14, 2012
Don't get me wrong, he is producing, however, I believe that most fans had higher expectations. Being able to carry a line with his speed, which he has not, he goes on 2-4 games hot streak to be invisible the coming 2-4 games. That said, he has been playing better lately under the new coach and management.

As for his ceiling, can't really tell, he has the talent but is not NHL ready yet, but yeh time will tell. I hope he stays another season with Brynäs, it will do him good.

Thanks for your analysis. I think a lot of Devil fans want to see him in the NHL, but I would rather not rush him. I could see the AHL being an alternate option so he can get used to smaller ice.

Reactions: helax

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->