C/W Jesper Boqvist - Brynas IF, SHL (2017, 36th, NJD)

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
Very smart and agile player, need some size. Him, Ersson and to some part Sandström are the big names coming out of Brynäs now.

Last edited:

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
He held his own in the SHL games I saw of him last year. He did not really look like a kid when you saw him vs men.

Impressive agility, speed and skill. Fun player to watch.

Really not afraid to go to the dirty areas either, which is quite impressive for a guy his age.

EK47

Feb 7, 2013
How weak is the superelit? It looked like he did whatever he felt like in that video..

helax

General Hockey Fan
Apr 2, 2013
How weak is the superelit? It looked like he did whatever he felt like in that video..

Its okay, the issue is that the 3rd and 4th lines are rather bad compared to the top lines which shines through in the video. But he was realy dominant last season, that's the main reason (ignoring all the injuries) he got called up to the A squad late last season. Boqvist is a gem!

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
no luv for boqvist on hf partners / steves top 500 list , hes around 100! his #s are great , any nhl comparable players with similar #s at his age? thx. hes on my watchlist. (wild fan)

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
no luv for boqvist on hf partners / steves top 500 list , hes around 100! his #s are great , any nhl comparable players with similar #s at his age? thx. hes on my watchlist. (wild fan)

I do not really get what they base the lists on. But many off them admit they havnt watch superelit, but it is still strange that they do not even pay attention to the stats.

At this point of time he should be consider as a first rounder, then we will se what happens next year.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Just watched that highlight video and holy moly does he look impressive. Why isn't he ranked higher? What are the big knocks on him? At least in that video he looks like a complete player offensively.

VictorLustig

Feb 8, 2012
Just watched that highlight video and holy moly does he look impressive. Why isn't he ranked higher? What are the big knocks on him? At least in that video he looks like a complete player offensively.

Primeter player. Can't see him being very effective on the smaller ice against bigger and better competition unless he changes a lot of things in his game. He was mostly invisible at the U18 WJC despite having one of the best seasons by anyone on his team.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Hat trick (+ a secondary assist) a couple nights ago.

10 goals 5 assists in 14 games in the SuperElit. 3 SHL games with no points.

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
Loaned out to Timrå. Anyone have an idea what line he will be playing on? Would be cool to see him with Dahlén or Pettersson. So much youthful skill on that team.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
Loaned out to Timrå. Anyone have an idea what line he will be playing on? Would be cool to see him with Dahlén or Pettersson. So much youthful skill on that team.

Is it a case where he's too good for SuperElit but not quite there in the SHL?

Maybe Allsvenskan will be good for him. And to play with either of those guys would be huge.

ManUtdTobbe

Jun 28, 2016
Sweden
My guess is that he's first and foremost loaned in to cover for Pettersson, Dahlén and Lööke likely going away with Team Sweden for camp and WJC.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
My guess is that he's first and foremost loaned in to cover for Pettersson, Dahlén and Lööke likely going away with Team Sweden for camp and WJC.

That is almost 2 months away, and if he do well in allsvenskan he can be joining Pettersson and the others to WJC 20. But sure maybe it is a part of the reason, but he has a lot of potential and can possible be a impact player in allsvenskan and he is cheap. Will be intresting to see what he can do there, will probably determine a lot where he will be taken in the draft and can increase his chances of going to wjc.

ulvvf

May 9, 2014
Has look really good in this 2 games so far, 1+1. His great skating is what most stand out and he looks very comfortable out there. Timrå as team hasnt been that good in this games however. But if he keep this up, I would like to see him on the wjc 20 team.

Last edited:

Zaddy

Feb 8, 2013
12 points in 19 games in Allsvenskan. Seems pretty good, but still not getting any respect in draft rankings. I don't get it. Any team getting Boqvist in the 2nd round should be really happy.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
if my wild pick mid to late 20's i'd be happy with a speedy forward like boqvist. he would be another zucker type player imo. cheers.

Kalleteodor

Nov 5, 2016
Great SHL games lately

Jesper has played a couple of games with Brynas in SHL and done very well. In the last 2 games he has 5 assists. I think its fair to say that he has learned how to use his skills to play against men.

McNurse

Sep 2, 2015
Im surprised this kid hasn't been talked about more. He has great wheels and a very strong hockey sense. Personally it may seem a bit highly, but I have him in the 15-25 range

Morry83

14-90-91
Mar 16, 2013
Im surprised this kid hasn't been talked about more. He has great wheels and a very strong hockey sense. Personally it may seem a bit highly, but I have him in the 15-25 range

I'm with you. I have him much higher than everywhere I've seen. Doesn't seem to be getting much love at all. I could see him being a major draft day riser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad