C Tyler Seguin (2010, 2nd overall, Boston; traded to Dallas)

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
6 GP...

9 Goals... 8 assists... 17 points...

Wow.

10 goals and 7 assists actually. He might not beat out Hall for 1st overall, but he might give him some competition. The last two years EVERYONE has picked Hall at no 1 with no one else really even getting consideration

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
10 goals and 7 assists actually. He might not beat out Hall for 1st overall, but he might give him some competition. The last two years EVERYONE has picked Hall at no 1 with no one else really even getting consideration

Except for Crosby, someone always comes in and makes it a race. Fowler has amazing stats right now too. I think 1-10-11 in 6 gp. That's pretty sick for a defenseman.

I would comfortably project Seguin into the top 5 right now.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Kabanov was touted as #1 for a long time too...

eric71*

I guess this years draft isnt going to be as straight forward and obvious and previous years.

SnipShow

Mar 12, 2009
U.S.A.
2 Hattys in 3 games... Seguin is tearing it up like I said he would before the season even began :nod: Its going to be funny how many people are going to hop on the Seguin bandwagon before the season is over, Seguin's role on Plymouth is really important for their success in this season, where as Hall does not have to be relied on game in and game out to put up points.

Seguin is really proving to a lot of haters on these boards that were saying his production had so much to do with Caria and Terry, those two helped a lot no doubt but Seguin still was the main man late in the season and in the playoffs.

It may seem too early to throw this out there but Seguin will have a great shot at the CHL MVP award:handclap:

Madic

May 21, 2008
And for those of us without a clue of who he is (other than the obvious), and no profiles that seem to list this info...what time of game does he play, other than scoring a bloody lot? Does he just have a hell of a shot, or is he a speedy guy, etc...?

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

After tonights game Seguin is a 11+9=20 in 8 games...

Canuck71*

After tonights game Seguin is a 11+9=20 in 8 games...

He is also wearing the "C" right now as a 17 year old. Everytime he touches the ice he makes something happen, literally everytime. He creates chances off of plays that look like their dead or broken up. 1st overall shouldn't be out of the question at all for Seguin.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

He is also wearing the "C" right now as a 17 year old. Everytime he touches the ice he makes something happen, literally everytime. He creates chances off of plays that look like their dead or broken up. 1st overall shouldn't be out of the question at all for Seguin.

I was going to say that but I was afraid of the Conservative Hockey Fans coming out and flaming me.

20 points in 8 games in the OHL (including 11 goals) is just... Incredible for a 17 year old that really hasn't been in the spotlight.

And quite honestly who's his supporting role? Hall has Ellis, Fowler, Panik, etc... Hell Duchene had Grachev and Hodgson... Who's on Plymouth to help Seguin out? Jenks? LOL.

3394.jpg

CAPiTA

Sep 4, 2008
Vancouver
If he does outscore Hall this year, I think he could go #1. The top end talent in this draft is ridiculous, could be better than 09, though 09 had much more depth.

Hall
Seguin
Fowler
Kabanov
McFarland

Thats a top 5 that could do great things.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
If he does outscore Hall this year, I think he could go #1. The top end talent in this draft is ridiculous, could be better than 09, though 09 had much more depth.

Hall
Seguin
Fowler
Kabanov
McFarland

That is exactly how I would rank the top 5 right now as well, but I certainly could see Seguin supplanting Hall if he keeps this up. He is looking unbelievable right now.

As an aside, I also have serious concerns about Kabanov dropping out of the top 5 if he doesn't suit up soon. Not sure who would take his spot right now because no one else has really stepped it up enough to overtake him yet, even with him not playing (at least that is my opinion). Burmistrov started incredibly strong but has slowed down lately. And I know Granlund is playing very well early on, but I think his size will keep him out of the top 5 (he might go top 10 though).

It certainly is going to be an incredibly exciting draft.

JuniorHockeyInsider

Nov 22, 2008

Hall
Seguin
Fowler
Kabanov
McFarland

I think Erik Gudbrandson should be in consideration on that list.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

Hall held to another scoreless/assistless night.

Seguin has a chance to extend his lead.

Subzero

Jul 28, 2006
Colorado
For anyone who has seen him play, can you tell me if he only plays Center or if he spends any time on the wings? I would love to see him play with Duchene next year but not at the cost of putting Duchene on the wing.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

For anyone who has seen him play, can you tell me if he only plays Center or if he spends any time on the wings? I would love to see him play with Duchene next year but not at the cost of putting Duchene on the wing.

I think he's all center... And he wears #9 also :(

He's 6'1 186lbs... If he's like Duchene in body composition that means he's still too skinny up top.

I'd love to have Kabanov on Duchene's wing.. SOMEONE WHO CAN ACTUALLY FINISH DUCHENE'S PLAYS. ugh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad