C Tyler Seguin (2010, 2nd overall, Boston; traded to Dallas)

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
I think Seguin is a lock to go top 5 now. Everytime I see him play is better than the time before. What I find most impressive about him is his hockey I.Q. He always seems to make the right decision and never leaves you scratching your head. He also has one heck of a shot that will transition well at the pro level.

The Scouting Report

Oct 2, 2007
Ontario
www.thescoutingreport.org
I think Seguin is a lock to go top 5 now. Everytime I see him play is better than the time before. What I find most impressive about him is his hockey I.Q. He always seems to make the right decision and never leaves you scratching your head. He also has one heck of a shot that will transition well at the pro level.

I think he's working his way into the Top 5. Personally before the season I had him kind of comparable with a guy like Toffoli, and he was probably just out side my Top 15.

But after seeing him this year, especially without Terry and Caria, I think he's definitely done a lot to show he's a lock for the Top 10, and like you said, is probably going to get a lot of Top 5 consideration as the season progresses.

Kevin Malone

Jul 3, 2009
I think he's working his way into the Top 5. Personally before the season I had him kind of comparable with a guy like Toffoli, and he was probably just out side my Top 15.

But after seeing him this year, especially without Terry and Caria, I think he's definitely done a lot to show he's a lock for the Top 10, and like you said, is probably going to get a lot of Top 5 consideration as the season progresses.

I agree, after last season I thought he benefited alot from Terry and Caria. He has proven me wrong. I also thought he was comparable to guys like Toffoli. He just seems to have taken a major step forward this year and I now have him above Hishon. I also think if he continues his progress it will be difficult to rank MacFarland ahead of him.

Mojo19

Loyal since 1987
Dec 29, 2006
Nova Scotia
Seems like someone gets compared to Yzerman every year.....the comparison is thrown around to loosely
QFT.

I laugh every time I see these Yzerman, Sakic, Gilmour, etc comparisons being mentioned. These players are among the best to EVER play the game of hockey... even Crosby will be lucky to make it that far.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
QFT.

I laugh every time I see these Yzerman, Sakic, Gilmour, etc comparisons being mentioned. These players are among the best to EVER play the game of hockey... even Crosby will be lucky to make it that far.

Lucky? he's already better then they were at his age, he's already had a cup, art ross, hart, pearson... i think he'll finish very close or above them

anyways back to Tyler Seguin, I think he's gotten a lot better then last year when i watched him, he's been playing just great and could make top-5

Last edited:

JL17

Mar 12, 2009
London
I agree, after last season I thought he benefited alot from Terry and Caria. He has proven me wrong. I also thought he was comparable to guys like Toffoli. He just seems to have taken a major step forward this year and I now have him above Hishon. I also think if he continues his progress it will be difficult to rank MacFarland ahead of him.

IMO...Seguin is a much better player at this moment in time then MacFarland is. MacFarland doesn't rank high on my list.

Seguin understands both ends of the ice and is a threat everytime he touches the puck. He's got speed to burn good shot and great vision.

He'll be a top 3 pick by the end of the year if he keeps his pace up.

seadawg

Sep 22, 2008
Like David Segui, the baseball player?

no, not quite...think French (although that probably doesn't help you much)

it is actually difficult to spell his name phonetically

EDIT: maybe this 'say+gain', but don't pronounce the 'n' on the end of 'gain'...so, say+gai

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
no, not quite...think French (although that probably doesn't help you much)

it is actually difficult to spell his name phonetically

Hmmm...I guess I'll just have to wait for something to show up on youtube. Wait, I know, I'll post my phone number and somebody can call me and say it for me. :sarcasm: :laugh:

wingsfan17

Jan 20, 2008
Actually it's Say-gann (Like gander) There is even a pronunciation guide on the Plymouth Whalers website.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
tyler say-gain. the "n' is almost silent but not quite. kind of like say-gay-n.

slash89

Jul 4, 2007
Tyler Seguin

I saw him the other day play for the Whalers, and he looked great. Looked quick, slick hands, and a nice shot. So my question is: how good is he? Did he just have a good game or is he top prospect material?

eric71*

Hes top prospect material. I've heard of this kid since he was just 11. He DOMINATED minor hockey with John MacFarland in the GTHL, than MacFarland got better (although he did play on a much better team too), which I think he just got bored with minor hockey and the attitude wasnt there. Than he went on to play well in his first year.

Boom, what do you know, now hes back to his childhood dominant hockey form. I wouldnt be suprised to see this guy just improve, improve, improve as he progresses in his career.

Mar 12, 2009
Seguin is tearing it right up. Hall's numbers are still very good but he seems to be really inconsistant so far, 5 points in game one 0 in game 2.

Seguin has been ripping it up from the start and Plymouth isn't as stacked as Windsor, I can definately see this kid going top 5 and even top 3 if he keeps up even half this pace.

Granlund2Pulkkinen*

6 GP...

9 Goals... 8 assists... 17 points...

Wow.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad