C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
A lot of love for guy who had
one point in u17,
0 points in 5 Games at Hlinka.
Under a point a game during the year (albeit
on a bad team) with all the ice time you could ask for.- PP/PK etc.
Had 59 points but was second on this bad team I scoring.
WAS A MINUS 30!!
Played way too much with u18 and was one of the main reasons Canada lost in Quarters to Czechs. (Because he played so much and did nothing very little)
Good player. Not anywhere nearly as good as the hype.

No reasons for all caps on minus 30. His team was trash. Their goal differential was -122. His -30 was just the 6 worst on his team. 13 guys were at least -20.
I can’t speak of some of the other tournaments you mentioned but I liked him at the U18s, seems like a well rounded player. Doesn’t have that high end offensive ability but I don’t see and glaring weaknesses, either.

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
You would hope a player ranked in the top 45 wouldn’t have a glaring weakness.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
A lot of love for guy who had
one point in u17,
0 points in 5 Games at Hlinka.
Under a point a game during the year (albeit
on a bad team) with all the ice time you could ask for.- PP/PK etc.
Had 59 points but was second on this bad team I scoring.
WAS A MINUS 30!!
Played way too much with u18 and was one of the main reasons Canada lost in Quarters to Czechs. (Because he played so much and did nothing very little)
Good player. Not anywhere nearly as good as the hype.

He was the only guy who scored that game, how is that playing too much?

Reactions: tigervixxxen

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
He was the only guy who scored that game, how is that playing too much?
Aside from an overager, that team had no talent. The third highest scorer had 34 points. He put up nearly 4 shots per game, which is fantastic for a draft eligible prospect. Not to mention he is one of the youngest players in the draft and has a good frame.

I want him in a trade down, but I'm warming up to him at #17

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
I think he is a top 25 guy all day. There is a reason Canada's coach put him as 1st line center, and I thought he did a pretty good job. He progressed a lot from the Hlinka tournament, where he was used in a 4th line/shutdown role. Have him switch places with Hayton, and I think he could match what Hayton did on SSM.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
I think he is a top 25 guy all day. There is a reason Canada's coach put him as 1st line center, and I thought he did a pretty good job. He progressed a lot from the Hlinka tournament, where he was used in a 4th line/shutdown role. Have him switch places with Hayton, and I think he could match what Hayton did on SSM.
He pretty much did match Hayton

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I don't think Dellandrea has Haytons skill level though, but I do think he's going to be a good player.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
You would hope a player ranked in the top 45 wouldn’t have a glaring weakness.

I really hope NHL scouts read and believe (lol) your post. Would love to pick him with one of our early 2nd.

Reactions: sharks9

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
This guy is better than so many centers ranked above him.

This years Robert Thomas.
Been high on Dellandrea for a while now. Just hope he's somehow still on the board at 29 if the Blues keep WPG's 1st!

Reactions: 99664987

MS

1%er
Mar 18, 2002
Vancouver, BC
I'd have him as a late 2nd rounder.

Smart player with soft hands but nothing pops about his game. Skating is very average even in the CHL. Looks to me like a guy who'll score 60 points ... in the AHL. Bad developmental situation is also an issue.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015

Smart player with soft hands but nothing pops about his game. Skating is very average even in the CHL. Looks to me like a guy who'll score 60 points ... in the AHL. Bad developmental situation is also an issue.
Well he scored 59 last year...so basically you think he has peaked at 17?

ProspectsFanatic

Nov 13, 2012

His compete level couple with his skill/IQ pops out to me personally.

Reactions: 99664987

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad