C Ty Dellandrea - Flint Firebirds, OHL (2018, 13th, DAL)

Frk It

Mo Seider Less Problems
Jul 27, 2010
Not sure if anyone else caught the last episode of The Pipeline Show, but I was pretty impressed with his interview and his responses. Was very insightful and showed a lor of character, compared to the usual interview on there. I’m guessing he will interview really well with teams at the combine.

Reactions: Tryamkin

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
Not sure if anyone else caught the last episode of The Pipeline Show, but I was pretty impressed with his interview and his responses. Was very insightful and showed a lor of character, compared to the usual interview on there. I’m guessing he will interview really well with teams at the combine.
Yeah, he’s a very intelligent kid. Thinks the game very well and is very well groomed, conducts himself in a good way.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
I know some people in the OHL who love this kid, they think he has a strong chance to emerge as the #1 prospect for 2018. Although to put in perspective, the OHL isn't very strong next year (unless Svechnikov comes and other imports) change it. I do know there are people who love Merkley, but he will be very divisive.

Man I just read this quote, and you were one prophet! Merkley has been divisive, indeed! Well called.

Reactions: EDMOILERS9729

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
He looks like first round material every time I've seen him play. Much better than Jack McBain imo.
Jack McBain really isn’t good at all, at this point he should be dominating the league he’s in especially with his size. I’ve caught 2 full games of his but have watched numerous highlights of him, he’s really not even skilled. Last year he was one point under ppg, this year, in the same league on the same team he’s “only” 10 points over. I was never high on him but you’d like to see a bit more progress than that. Dellandrea was really good yesterday, McBain wasnt. He wasn’t pretty noticeable (i watched periods 1+2, watched the second half of the 3rd period.) Dellandrea I seemed to notice a lot even though I wasn’t trying to pay attention to him, only 8 points under PPG on a shit Flint team. Would love to hear legitimate thoughts from people who like McBain a lot or have him in the 1st round

Reactions: thelittlecoon

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Jack McBain really isn’t good at all, at this point he should be dominating the league he’s in especially with his size. I’ve caught 2 full games of his but have watched numerous highlights of him, he’s really not even skilled. Last year he was one point under ppg, this year, in the same league on the same team he’s “only” 10 points over. I was never high on him but you’d like to see a bit more progress than that. Dellandrea was really good yesterday, McBain wasnt. He wasn’t pretty noticeable (i watched periods 1+2, watched the second half of the 3rd period.) Dellandrea I seemed to notice a lot even though I wasn’t trying to pay attention to him, only 8 points under PPG on a **** Flint team. Would love to hear legitimate thoughts from people who like McBain a lot or have him in the 1st round

i agree

whos the most recent guy taken from the ojhl who has made any impact at all? devin shore? he had a better season in his draft year than mcbain and he was a late 2nd and only now has become a 30 point player

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
i agree

whos the most recent guy taken from the ojhl who has made any impact at all? devin shore? he had a better season in his draft year than mcbain and he was a late 2nd and only now has become a 30 point player
It’s not even just the league he’s in. Look at Makar from the AJHL. I didn’t really think much of the league I just watched him play a bit and I could see he was going to be good, cant say the same with McBain. Again, I’ve only seen 2 games+quite a few highlight videos and I still don’t see it with him. Maybe if I missed something or I was watching the wrong games, let me know. My bad for derailing the thread

JK2K

Mar 13, 2017
McBain had 1 goal and two assist today and
He looked better than Dellandrea.
2 full games you watched all year?
Hardly makes you an expert.
I like Dellandrea tho.
Smart player.

Reactions: Jonathan17

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
I like Dellandrea tho.
Smart player.
Never said I was an expert that’s why I said i only watched 2 full games of him, even said if I’m missing something with him let me know... It’s hard to watch OJHL games but I have seen quite a bit of Dellandrea and he impressed me more.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
Dellandrea is a horrible player, think he pushed his grandmother down the stairs once and likes to kick kittens for fun

So leave him until we get to pick in the 2nd:laugh:

Reactions: Deam78

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
I like Dellandrea tho.
Smart player.
He did not look better... it's easy to put up points against Belarus. Dellandrea is faster and drives the net with authority and his two way game is much better. McBain is a solid prospect but nothing about his play warrants a first round pick.

Anardil

Nov 25, 2012
West of Chalet BBQ
He did not look better... it's easy to put up points against Belarus. Dellandrea is faster and drives the net with authority and his two way game is much better. McBain is a solid prospect but nothing about his play warrants a first round pick.

I also like Dellandrea, but since McBain has been brought up, he seems to play better or be more noticeable when he plays with better players. IIRC, didn't he have an impressive Hnilinka (sp) tournament last summer, or am I confusing him with someone else?

Jonathan17

Trollface!
Nov 19, 2005
Oakville
I like Dellandrea tho.
Smart player.

McBain looked good against the Americans, too. Good 200-foot game. His hockey sense is very high. He doesn’t look to have elite skills. Skating needs work. Not heavy feet for his size but I don’t like his stride. Guys with high hockey sense usually play more consistent across levels as they go up, U18 is not that different than OJHL...or college or NHL...for those guys. He looks like a guaranteed borderline 2nd/3rd line guy to me with some upside. I don’t know if that’s worth a late 1st-round pick, but I like him.

hawkeerox

Jan 2, 2018
Watched the U18 game today too. Go Canada!

Now I cannot agree with people who simply disregard a player's solid performance because it does not fit with their fixed views or opinions about the player.

If people want to disregard McBain's performance because it is supposed to be so "easy" to score on Belarus, then that silly logic dictates that Dellandrea's line should have scored more than McBain's line did, since they are supposed to be "faster", "driving to the net with authority" and "better" - they played the same "easy" opponent, did they not? Or did Dellandrea screw the pooch and just not bother trying?

McBain needs some training, no question - Dellandrea looks more refined. But both played the same opponent today, and McBain had the better game. Could be the opposite on Sunday. That's 17 year-old kids for you.

Jack McBain really isn’t good at all, at this point he should be dominating the league he’s in especially with his size. ... Dellandrea I seemed to notice a lot even though I wasn’t trying to pay attention to him, only 8 points under PPG on a **** Flint team. Would love to hear legitimate thoughts from people who like McBain a lot or have him in the 1st round

Well, if you're going to give Dellandrea the benefit of the doubt of not producing because of the **** Flint team, then you should do the same for McBain who is on a team that is well below Flint. I like McBain a lot, but in part it has to do with him being untapped as of yet. I suspect Boston College will get a lot out of him.

thelittlecoon

ELIAS PETTERSSON
Jun 19, 2017
Vancouver
I want this guy really bad with Canucks' 2nd rounder. He impresses me more every time I watch him and has all the skill to be a top 6 center at the next level.

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
Craig Button's been non-stop praising this kid all game. Fantastic all-around game. He's a star. I think a team looking for a C takes him in the 1st.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He has been consistently good throughout the tournament. I really like him and Foudy late in the first

DieTomi

Auston "50 Goals" Matthews
Aug 4, 2017
Hamilton
thanks ! can he be a Nazem Kadri ?
Is he going to be the hard-nosed center you can put out against other teams top lines? Yes I think so. Will he be a pest night in and night out like Kadri is? No, haven't seen that in his game really but he is hard to play against.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad