C Sean Monahan (2013, 6th overall, Calgary)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
Wow. Nasty hit.. Direct contact to the head first. I love Monahan, but this is the right call!

frankthetank91

Jul 30, 2011
Hes a perfect fit for Ottawa. Home town player . Has already spent time playing at ScotiaBank Place. Has chem with Ceci, IMO much better fit than leafs

:l

He plays for the 67's but he is from Brampton and a Leafs fan. If you guys do land him you can always just send us the other Toronto born and raised center, Spezza:naughty:

Fearless Leaf*

I really really really want Monahan to get drafted by us but if he isn't the best player at the position we are picking then I wouldn't be upset at all.

Also have the same feelings for Barkov, these two are top of my list in terms of the players I want Leafs to draft. Mackinon would obviously be #1 but it's looking more and more like a pipe-dream(especially with our luck).

There is a huge possibility that Monahan could indeed be the player that is drafted by us, and Burke has shown interest in taking local kids with talent a lot in the previous drafts(Blacker, Percy, Kadri, Leivo, Finn) are just a few quality prospects to name a few.

AJMHABS

Chucky #27
Jan 30, 2011
Montreal, Qc
I really really really want Monahan to get drafted by us but if he isn't the best player at the position we are picking then I wouldn't be upset at all.

Also have the same feelings for Barkov, these two are top of my list in terms of the players I want Leafs to draft. Mackinon would obviously be #1 but it's looking more and more like a pipe-dream(especially with our luck).

There is a huge possibility that Monahan could indeed be the player that is drafted by us, and Burke has shown interest in taking local kids with talent a lot in the previous drafts(Blacker, Percy, Kadri, Leivo, Finn) are just a few quality prospects to name a few.

Not if MTL gets him first. ;):naughty::p:

Aaron Vickers

FCHockey
Mar 4, 2002
Calgary, AB
www.nhlentrydraft.com
Seems pretty quiet on the Monahan front. Here's something to keep you entertained.

And while it’s unlikely Monahan will get the opportunity to replicate those numbers this season, he insists learning experiences are to be had.

“I think it’s a lot of adversity,†Monahan said. “Whether you are the best team or the worst team (in tournaments or playoff series) you always have to come in stay positive. I think I learned that playing on the teams I’ve been on throughout my career. That has helped me become the player that I am today.â€

http://futureconsiderations.ca/monahan-set-for-stretch-drive-stand/

Gritty

Nov 28, 2011
2G - 1A - +2 in the first period tonight! Whatever teams drafts him is getting one hell of a player!

shello

Mar 5, 2011
MTL/NYC
He's really been overshadowed this season with other kids rising. He's a great player, even he falls as some think that team will get a steal. I still have him top 3. The weaker 67's team hasn't affected him at all.

Wronskian

Mar 15, 2012
Bump..

Living in the west so not a ton of exposure to Monahan, how has he played since being suspended? Will his offensive game translate to the NHL?

Also who is his NHL comparison? Is he Toews lite?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I think he looks like a guy that could easily be a top line centreman. The Toews comparison is pretty spot on. Terrific defensively, great on faceoffs and he makes everyone around him so much better.

Flames Fanatic

Mediocre
Aug 14, 2008
Cochrane
where is he expected to go for this years draft? still in the top 10?

I expect him to go from 5-8 realistically, depending on where defense start getting picked after the top 4 of Jones-MacKinnon-Drouin-Barkov. I think this year will be the opposite of last year, with forwards flooding the top ten.

If Calgary somehow ends up missing on the aforementioned top four, Monahan is who I want.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
There's a video on YouTube where a scout claims Monahan is the best faceoff man he's ever seen in junior for a draft eligible player. Almost automatic that he wins the draw. To go along with his big frame and great defensive game he was top 15 in scoring despite playing on the worst OHL team this season. I can't imagine he's going to drop out of the top 10. Don't think he'd get past Buffalo (who the scout I referred to represents) at 6th overall if the standings stood the same today.

arsmaster*

There's a video on YouTube where a scout claims Monahan is the best faceoff man he's ever seen in junior for a draft eligible player. Almost automatic that he wins the draw. To go along with his big frame and great defensive game he was top 15 in scoring despite playing on the worst OHL team this season. I can't imagine he's going to drop out of the top 10. Don't think he'd get past Buffalo (who the scout I referred to represents) at 6th overall if the standings stood the same today.

Post the YT Joey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad