C Quinton Byfield - Sudbury Wolves, OHL (2020 Draft)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WildWillie

Jan 9, 2019
Page 20 of this thread (the Laf vs Byfield ppg comparisons after 2 games/projecting them over a full season) looks really funny now that Lafreniere has gone on a tear.

Byfield is great prospect but there is so much OHL bias when prospects are compared.

So many weird comparisons to help fit the narrative you want. "Better at the same age". "better during the first 11 games this year than Lafreniere was during the first 11 games last year". "OHL points are harder to come by"."Lafreniere plays with other great players"

Yeah Lafreniere isn't an amazing skater like Byfield, but you don't have to be when you see the play 2 steps ahead of everyone else and know where the puck is going. I think that intangible talent is the thing that is really being undervalued.

HABsurde

Jul 28, 2005
Montreal
Page 20 of this thread (the Laf vs Byfield ppg comparisons after 2 games/projecting them over a full season) looks really funny now that Lafreniere has gone on a tear.

Byfield is great prospect but there is so much OHL bias when prospects are compared.

So many weird comparisons to help fit the narrative you want. "Better at the same age". "better during the first 11 games this year than Lafreniere was during the first 11 games last year". "OHL points are harder to come by"."Lafreniere plays with other great players"

Yeah Lafreniere isn't an amazing skater like Byfield, but you don't have to be when you see the play 2 steps ahead of everyone else and know where the puck is going. I think that intangible talent is the thing that is really being undervalued.

I think that what we can all agree on is that drafting 1st or second this year, teams will get a hell of a player..

Dominance

99-66-4-9-87/97
Sep 30, 2017
The Land of Hockey
I hope for this everyday. They will be contenders for 10-15 years if this happens
Panarin will be elite until he’s 42?

But yeah. That team would be dominant, especially considering the additional young depth they have. There’s gotta be a stud or two and a bunch of good role players among Andersson, Chytil, Fox, Robertson, Miller, Howden and so on.

CharlestownChiefsESC

Sep 17, 2008
Laurence Harbor NJ
Panarin will be elite until he’s 42?

But yeah. That team would be dominant, especially considering the additional young depth they have. There’s gotta be a stud or two and a bunch of good role players among Andersson, Chytil, Fox, Robertson, Miller, Howden and so on.

I like how they signed him and Trouba both to 7 year deals. Hopefully by then guys like Kakko,Fox,Miller and hopefully Byfield will be entering or in thier primes and will be ready to take the reigns when thier deals are up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad