C Philip Tomasino - Niagara Icedogs, OHL (2019, 24th, NSH)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
games 21 to 40 is were all the points came, that's around the trades started happening. last 27 games under a point a game with a team that was able to score at will not impressed. watch his game close not just his speed, just like a bunch of other guys too much hype. I have watched a lot of footage of all the top 100 guys and have come to my own observations.

first 20 games had 13 points 4 assists came in one game,

next 10 games had 15 points in 10 games

next 10 games 17 points

next 10 games 9 points

next 10 games 11 points

next 7 games 5 points
And? What do we infer from this?

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
games 21 to 40 is were all the points came, that's around the trades started happening. last 27 games under a point a game with a team that was able to score at will not impressed. watch his game close not just his speed, just like a bunch of other guys too much hype. I have watched a lot of footage of all the top 100 guys and have come to my own observations.

next 10 games 17 points

next 10 games 9 points

next 10 games 11 points

next 7 games 5 points

Didn't you just criticize others for "only looking at numbers" a couple of posts ago? Then you post this?

Funny how people only look at numbers,

You realize that his production went down because so did his ice time correct? The last few games coincide with the return of Ivan Lodnia to the lineup.

Constable

corona fiend
Mar 17, 2014
I propose that if anyone tries to pass off a sample size of ten games to prove anything they should be stuck with a title that says "Math Genius" for a week.

Shockingly, the nature of the OHL and scorers, in general, means that production will be variant over short samples. The point that was also trying to be proven with these samples completely falls apart. as his scoring remains relatively similar if we were to take the 10 games production seriously.

CanuckCity

Aug 23, 2012
Budapest
So what's the low-down on this guy? He's shooting up everyone's rankings into the mid/late-teens it seems. Hadn't heard of him before recently.

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com

next 10 games 17 points

next 10 games 9 points

next 10 games 11 points

next 7 games 5 points

you do understand it could just be overall progression as the season moves on and players develop, right?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
The way they skate, kinda low level, not the fastest but agile. Both have an above average shot, vision and smarts. Both have small stature.

Tomasino is 6 inches taller than Zuccarello. I also don't think Zuccarello has an above average shot or that the skating is all too similar, but to each their own.

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
Tomasino is 6 inches taller than Zuccarello. I also don't think Zuccarello has an above average shot or that the skating is all too similar, but to each their own.

Your math is off. Surprised to see Tomasino listed at 6'0 on eliteprospects. I thought he was shorter. Are the combines number out yet?

Hfbsux

Dec 22, 2012
I think you're underestimating his speed quite a bit. He's right up there with Cozens.

I think Cozens is the faster in straight line and I think Tomasino is behind him but has more shiftiness and smarts to it. If you're right and he is as fast as Cozens in straight line well damn.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Feels like an islander. Would love to have him. Think a team falls in love with him and he cracks the top15/20

Roof Daddy

Apr 1, 2008
Feels like an islander. Would love to have him. Think a team falls in love with him and he cracks the top15/20

Not out of the question a team reaches for him. I think he’s a DeBrusk type prospect where you know you’re getting a sure-fire NHLer, but no one skill blows you away and the ceiling is therefore a little lower. Some teams will gladly take the safe pick in the 15-20 range.

But who knows? This draft seems to have a lot of different opinions on players.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
Not out of the question a team reaches for him. I think he’s a DeBrusk type prospect where you know you’re getting a sure-fire NHLer, but no one skill blows you away and the ceiling is therefore a little lower. Some teams will gladly take the safe pick in the 15-20 range.

But who knows? This draft seems to have a lot of different opinions on players.

Yeah all it takes us one team to fall in love and it can change a the whole dynamic of a round.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad