C Philip Tomasino - Niagara Icedogs, OHL (2019, 24th, NSH)

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
How are his chances of breaking on to the team out of preseason?

How have his faceoffs been? Looks definite he would play center? Wasn’t sure if he was ready for center or they were just grooming him there.

Always liked the kid. Thought he’d be top 6 minimum coming off the draft.

So I think the Preds hope he will make the team

Reactions: Dominance

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
Relatively quiet prospect, but I've liked his game in the past. Two-way player but seems to have some sneaky offensive upside. Haven't see him yet this season in the NHL, but I see he's put up 3 points in 3 games. Anyone watched this kid with the Preds? How's he looked?

GoldOnGold

Mar 27, 2016
Nashville, Tennessee
Relatively quiet prospect, but I've liked his game in the past. Two-way player but seems to have some sneaky offensive upside. Haven't see him yet this season in the NHL, but I see he's put up 3 points in 3 games. Anyone watched this kid with the Preds? How's he looked?

He has been a bright spot on a team thats been a tire-fire. I am most impres
ssed by his offensive creativity - hopefully we dont beat it ou of him.

jaster

Take me off ignore, please.
Jun 8, 2007
He has been a bright spot on a team thats been a tire-fire. I am most impres
ssed by his offensive creativity - hopefully we dont beat it ou of him.

Word. My favorite type of player is one who plays a complete game but who also blossoms offensively, to the point they become what one might consider "special." Tomasino, potentially, is in that category for me. Easy to root for. Best of luck to him.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
a bump

why Tomasino couldn't get a spot from Preds roster this season?
11 goals, 30+ points in the NHL last season..

way too good player to be playing in the AHL; already 4 goals in the A this season

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
Predators fans wonder the same thing. I get a feeling he’s trade bait.
There is no chance that he’s trade bait since he represents exactly the commodity the Preds are most in need of.

What happened is the coach fell in love with some muckers and the GM didn’t want to waive his depth signings. So they used Tomasino’s waiver exempt status and temporarily sent him to Milwaukee with kind words about working on his game and getting more ice time yada yada.

But with the team losing they’ll wake up, waive a mucker, recall Tomasino, fairly soon.

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
a bump

why Tomasino couldn't get a spot from Preds roster this season?
11 goals, 30+ points in the NHL last season..

way too good player to be playing in the AHL; already 4 goals in the A this season
Some people think he didn't get a fair shake this season with being sent down, but he also didn't really light the world on fire when given a chance on a scoring line. That's the role that he needs to play so I am guessing the Preds sent him down to the AHL so that he could play the role he is best suited for -- top line and PP.

He just scored two of those four goals last night, so it's not like he started torching the AHL right away. My guess is the Predators are going to call him up when he shows a couple weeks of doing this with consistency -- sooner of course if there is an injury on the big club.

Last edited:

Ryan Van Horne

aka Scribe
Dec 1, 2005
Halifax
How is he still not in the line up?
He was hurt for a while. Just returned to Milwaukee's lineup last week. He was playing well before injury, but has only played three games since coming back. Just one assist and three shots in those three games. Will probably get a call-up once he gets back in a groove.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Kid has grabbed a top-line role and ran with it. Nashville should have an exciting group of top-6 wingers to organize around Glass and Johansen next year.

Tomasino-Glass-Duchene
Forsberg-Johansen-Evangelista

They also have Parssinen who has had some chemistry with Forsberg this year.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Johansen has looked like he’s completely lost his passion for hockey every time I have watched him for the last few years, so hopefully Parssinen can take his spot.

There was a thread here recently about the Preds giving up on Tolvanen and how it was a bad decision. Which I thought was silly, because they have what they need - exciting young players with scoring line potential who need opportunities to shine. Tomasino maybe the best of them.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
And Novak has been outscoring both Parssinen and Glass.

Novak's such a strange player. Was never a scorer in college and has suddenly hit his stride.

He's much older than these other guys, but his emergence alone will allow the Preds to keep Evangelista marinating in the AHL another year if they so wish.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Always been a fan of Tomasino since his junior days. With his speed, skill, and puck handling abilities I thought he would have a good chance making it as a top 6 winger. Looking forward to following his career.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
There was a thread here recently about the Preds giving up on Tolvanen and how it was a bad decision. Which I thought was silly, because they have what they need - exciting young players with scoring line potential who need opportunities to shine. Tomasino maybe the best of them.
They don't have that many. No reason to dump Tolvanen unless hey gave up on him. And Hynes is no judge of talent.

Reactions: Ryan Van Horne

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Back in the AHL, Preds not a fan of his game?
Real can of worms your opening. Would say it's certain there are varying opinions of his game amongst our fan base, his play still shows a lot of promise with flashes of high end skill, but the person that really matters doesn't seem to trust him.

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
seems for whatever clearly stupid reason, Brunette doesnt want to give him top 6 minutes. He was doing great before christmas, sent him down to admirals, put him on the top line and he scores 2 straight away. Did the same thing to him last year, they should trade him if they are trading away Saros and tanking.

Tryamkin

May 18, 2015
Canada
seems for whatever clearly stupid reason, Brunette doesnt want to give him top 6 minutes. He was doing great before christmas, sent him down to admirals, put him on the top line and he scores 2 straight away. Did the same thing to him last year, they should trade him if they are trading away Saros and tanking.
i'll trade for him in hfvhl! :)

• Haha
Reactions: Raistlin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad